BY BAREFOOT #9 in Wine

Chill out (no seriously, try this chilled) with ripe, fruity notes of raspberry, pomegranate and cherry in our Barefoot Sweet Red Blend. Our sweet red wine blend is a delicious combination of Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Barbera, Grenache and Petite Sirah. This wine is ripe and jammy with explosive flavors of raspberry, plum and cherry for a soft and smooth finish. see more...

• Is this one of those that is "too sweet?"9 Answers
  • What would you compare this wine to? Most reds just seem way to bit...4 Answers
  • Is this really a sweet red wine because some say they are but then ...17 Answers
Tamara H.
Tamara H.
Bronx, NY
I have to admit, I'm very picky when it comes to wine. If it's too dry, I feel like I'm drinking nail polish remover... and if it's too sweet, I get a stomach ache. So when I find one that I actually like, I stick with it!
I tried Barefoot Sweet Red Blend on a whim and fell in love. It's Perfect, not too dry and not overly sweet.
It has a nice fruity taste and aroma to it, notes of several berries- cherry, pomegranate and red grapes. I think it pairs well with all food and desserts.
Not mention, the price point is affordable. Depending on where you purchase it, the price ranges from about $10-$15.
It's my new favorite!
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Nacogdoches, TX
This wine is by far my favorite. My husband gets it for me whenever he wants to surprise me with wine and flowers. This sweet red blend is exactly what I reach for when I want to indulge and have some much needed me time. I love it when I'm nibbling on a box of chocolates, I love to sip it while I take a bubble bath and I even love it while grilling dinner. I love sweet reds and this Barefoot Sweet Red is my all time favorite because of it's perfectly smooth and sweet texture and drinkability.
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
Saraland, AL
This was the first red wine I tried that I enjoyed! It changed my mind forever one red wines! Its sweet, crisp with the right amount of tang to it. I love the Barefoot brand and its very affordable! We usually always have one their wines, this one or the Moscato in our fridge for company. Also a fantastic gift idea for that friend who has not tried any wine or said they don't like red wine. I was delightfully happy after my first taste of this wine!
Tonya R.
Tonya R.
Gaston, IN
Mmmm I love Barefoot Wines 🍷! Nice on the pocket book which means you can grab more than one so you always have one chilled :)
I like sweet wines but this became too sweet after the first glass.
I'm no wine connoisseur but it's definitely a tasty sweet red wine. Maybe I need to pair it with something to knock down the sweetness. Don't get me wrong, my sister and I had no problem drinking this 🍷!! Barefoot is our go to brand !!
Cassondra C.
Cassondra C.
For the price and taste you can't beat Barefoot! The Sweet Red Blend is one of the only types of red wine I've found that isn't too dry or bitter to me. I typically go for a white or blush, but let me tell you...this stuff is crave worthy. It's a red wine that is sweet and refreshing! This wine is perfect alone or mixed into a sangria, I usually just use pineapple, orange juice, and sometimes a splash of sprite to top it off.
Raven G.
Raven G.
Twentynin Plm, CA
I recently bought this and was quite surprised. I normally stick to moscato because it is sweet but this actually met that expectation despite the fact that it is a red wine. I would recommend this to someone who had an open pallet because it does a small bit of bitterness but not nearly as much as a nonsweet wine would. It is also really good if you add some juice to add some extra sweetness
Carmen B.
Carmen B.
Kearny, NJ
Oh my goodness! That's all I can say about this wine. This is sooooo delicious. This is my go to wine. It's sweet, delicious, and fruity. I was quite surprised, when I first tried it. I had it for the first time a few years ago at a get together. When I purchase wine, this is what I buy now. I definitely recommend this to anybody and the price is great. Can't beat it!
Madeline A.
Madeline A.
Lawrenceville, GA
Mmmmm i love this wine it takes m back to the vacation me and my husband took in bora were we had wine until our toes couldn't feel the sand and this wine is very tasty and sweet and red if you love a sweet wine and red this is the catch i love it i can just go to my nearest Walmart and get this wine for cheap and it will take me back to the vacation i loved!
Lana R.
Lana R.
This is my favorite barefoot wine. I usually like sweeter reds, but I also enjoy a good cabernet. This is very aesthetically pleasing to the eye too, because it's glittery. It's a very good value most places because it's about 12 dollars for a giant bottle. It's sweet, but not unbearably sweet. I enjoy it with some frozen mixed berries in it as ice cubes.
V L.
V L.
Don't be confused by reviews. This is sweet, not dry. This is good for non wine fans, sweet wine fans and beginners. Great for sangrias. It gets 3 stars though because it is so light(ly) flavored. Once you've fell in love with a fuller bodied wine, it's hard to come back to this and get the same pleasure. This is closer to a wine cooler.. just add bubbles
krystal m.
krystal m.
Westmont, IL
Is this really a sweet red wine because some say they are but then taste bitter?
Danielle L.
Danielle L.
Chesterfield, MI
On a scale of like 1-5 how sweet is this wine? I know red wine is usually know know to be dry.
Asia D.
Asia D.
East orange , NJ
Does this have a strong taste?
Emily C.
Emily C.
Happy Hour Expert
Is this one of those that is "too sweet?"
Darienne T.
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
How strong is it? Does it give you a buzz?