BY BAREFOOT

This classic red wine varietal is well known for its rich personality and taste. Barefoot Merlot is the perfect combo of cherry, boysenberry, plum, and chocolate. A mocha finish is complemented by hints of smoky vanilla oak. Raised right, it’s well rounded with mild tannins. see more...

• I don't like the Merlot from this brand. Is there a different kind ...1 Answers
  • Never tried a merlot wine before. Would this be a good one to start...2 Answers
  • I'm looking for a good red wine that's not too bitter but not too s...2 Answers
Barefoot Merlot
  • "I think it would be very good to marinade meats in, but not to drink because it's way too strong and not sweet at all." in 3 reviews
  • "Just didn't taste very good to me and was bitter. " in 2 reviews
  • "There is much better wine out there unless your a fruit fly." in 1 review
  • "I like a dry red wine and although this one is still somewhat sweeter than I like it's a lot better then most at this price point." in 1 review
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
Happy Hour Expert
Wine is wine is wine! I love merlots with red meat and salad. The entire Barefoot line is enjoyable and a very reasonable price. It has a nice dryness, not the bitter you get with some other inexpensive merlots. I would serve this at the dinner table, as one of a few options at a party. The price for party quantity fits our budget and is easy to pair with appetizers and main courses as well.
Andrew S.
Andrew S.
frenchbirg
This wine is decent, granted, factually there's no difference in expensive wine and cheap wine, either can be good or bad. But if you're on a budget, but want a good tasting wine to sip on with some spaghetti or chicken parmesan, or just whatever, this is a great choice. Probably not the choice wine to buy to impress a girl or your boss, but adequate for a normal day or night.
Reacheal S.
Reacheal S.
Roseville, CA
Its a full flavored, but smooth delicate wine, that pairs with almost anything
Though its a smooth,dry wine that's not too sweet...leaving you with a warm, Luxurious feeling! Its Definitely , my go to wine. To enjoy with fine food or cheese and crackers, if you're looking for a great, but not over powering wine, this would be my Suggestion! Great wine, with a great price!
Vanessa B.
Vanessa B.
Alexandria, VA
This is a solid red, inexpensive, dependable. This is for occasions when you want a no frills wine that still tastes great. There is room for improvement, however I don't believe that it is what Barefoot is striving for. It is a good buy but understand that it will not impress guests who are wine connoisseurs.
Carly D.
Carly D.
Victor, NY
Great wine for a great low price. It defiantly is not my favorite tasting merlot, but it is very very good for a reasonably priced wine! My liquor store sells this for only 4.99! I like to have many different types of barefoot wine on hand at my house so that guests have many options when they come over.
Kasera G.
Kasera G.
Georgetown, TX
I really enjoyed this wine. It was affordable but it tasted like a fancier blend that a higher priced competitive would offer. The body of the wine was robust and rich. It stayed fresh for a few days too! This wine is very affordable and I love barefoot's wide variety of wines to choose from.
Chelsea M.
Chelsea M.
Toledo, OH
When I drink Merlot, I feel sexy! I know that sounds crazy, but it is true! My mother has always been a wine drinker (red wine) so when I came of age, I knew that I wanted to try it. It was definitely something that I had to get used to, but now I love it! It really does go well with steak!!
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Tulsa, OK
I love red wine. I think the Barefoot brand is very affordable. Their merlot is pretty dry, but I like dry wines. I think it's typically not as flavorful as other brands I've tried but its availability is consistent and if I needed to buy for a large party, I would purchase Barefoot.
Annie H.
Annie H.
I prefer this brand of Merlot to all the others I have tried. The flavor was deep and rich and goes well with just about any red meat, if not alone. In my area, Barefoot is extremely affordable. It has become my obvious choice because of the quality of wine for the price.
Ava B.
Ava B.
Bought this from our local Walgreens store because it was on sale. Very affordable and also has a great full flavor. I have tried the Barefoot Merlot and the Barefoot Cabernet and both are wonderful. I would purchase again and I will recommend this to friends.
Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.
Happy Hour Expert
I've never had Merlot before, is this a good Merlot to try first?
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Happy Hour Expert
I'm looking for a good red wine that's not too bitter but not too sweet either. Is this a good one to try?
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Never tried a merlot wine before. Would this be a good one to start with or no?
Sharyn F.
Sharyn F.
I don't like the Merlot from this brand. Is there a different kind to recommend?