Barefoot Malbec uploaded by Angela S.Barefoot Malbec uploaded by Jeannette M.

BY BAREFOOT #81 in Wine

Barefoot Malbec wine is well known as a plush red wine of epic proportions. Big juicy flavors of blackberry and currant set sail on a gorgeous gust of vanilla, caramel and toasted oak. see more...

• "But can be paired with many different meal." in 1 review
  • "It's not over priced and very smooth taste and doesn't taste nasty." in 1 review
  • "I would rather spend my money on a better quality wine." in 1 review
Michelle L.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is a dry wine for me. I am more of a sweet wine person. It's also a heavy tasting wine. It's a good wine for winter or with a heavy meal. I not a red wine drinker also.  This wine is not expensive and can be found at most grocery stores.
Angela S.
Murfreesboro, TN
I know its a inexpensive wine but it has A+flavor.
Simple, rich, sweet and moreish. A light nose of Maltesers and raspberry sauce. The flavors are cherry soaked, liquorice and an strawberry blackcurrant blend. The aftertaste has light citrus and a bit of a peppery quality. Excellent wine for the price.
Marlena S.
Happy Hour Expert Level 4
Barefoot wines are not my favorite to begin with. Yes, they are very inexpensive but they are also very low quality and taste very acidic. The winemaking process for Barefoot is not by any means sophisticated, thus resulting in a very poor quality bottle. I would say avoid this brand, spend $5 more and get a decent, drinkable wine.
Michelle K.
LOS ANGELES, CA
Delicious, affordable, and doesn't give you a headache after the fact. It's just as good as the more expensive wines without all of the cost. Not pricey, and i'm definitely a repeat customer. I'm overall satisfied with the wine and will definitely continue drinking it.
Monica M.
Naperville, IL
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I went to Argentina this fall, and I can tell you i'm a major Malbec person! With that being said, Barefoot Malbec is actually decently good. You get what you pay for essentially. Cheap for a girls night and good enough to drink with dinner! All around, if I wasn't looking to spend the big bucks, I'd reach for this.
Evy B.
Kent, WA
Barefoot wine is ok. Its like the kind you buy on a lonely night and you go to safeway and buy something so that you can do something. I don't know. I like wine and all. this is ok. If you are bored and feel like doing something then go to safeway and buy this
Victoria V.
Barefoot wines are great when you are a college kid unable to afford anything better but want to have a wine night with your girls. I would not say barefoot is the best wine I've ever tasted but I am definitely grateful for the nights I have had with it haha
Alayna A.
Mesa, AZ
The contrast with the merlot, which was drier and more tannic, brought out the moscato ?s flavors. This happens all the time in wine competitions, where judges alternate between colors to lessen palate fatigue, and that was probably the case at this competition.

Freissy P.
miami, FL
me encanta fascina la textura, como se siente en el paladar con tan solo olerlo esa sensacion suabe que recorre toda tu boca es inigualable me encanta realmente la sensacion y me provoca seguir tomando este exquisito nectar divino... muy bueno
Mandi H.
For what it is, this is my favorite grocery store wine. It's fairly inexpensive and always has great flavor. It needs to have a little bit more flavor because sometimes it does taste like it's been sitting open for years on end but 90% of the time, it's not too shabby.