BY BARED TO YOU & REFLECTED IN YOU #88 in Books

Bared to you & Reflected in you
  • "Read this after 50 shades and to me it kind of had some similarities but over all a good read when your trying to get off the high of 50 shades. " in 38 reviews
  • "I haven't read the second one but I read bared to you and really enjoyed much more realistic language better then fifty shades of grey" in 11 reviews
  • "What did capture my attention was the that the story line seemed a bit more realistic in the sense that both main characters deal with problems. " in 8 reviews
  • "i read this trilogy twice and cant wait for the 4th book to be released!" in 5 reviews
  • "I think i am enjoying reading these a little better than the 50 shades trilogy and part of that is probably because i think there's gonna be five books instead of three?" in 3 reviews
Charlize B.
Dublin
Oh my God!! Where do I even begin??

This is by far one of the best series I have ever read. Right from the start the characters capture your attention and holds it straight to the end. Eva and Gideon has had me sitting on the edge of my seat since the beginning of this story. The Crossfire series is unique and just beyond amazing.

Sylvia Day is certainly a talented author and her imagination surprises me more an more with every books of hers that I read. The crossfire series is amazing in so many ways. Its realistic and interesting. It captures your attention, eraptures you and leaves you craving more and more ( pun intended).

The series is about one of the most abnormal relationship between a man and a women who's been through a similar trauma and after years still hasn't moved on. Sylvia shows us two sides to the outcome of the lives of sexually abused victims.

One with a mother who loves too much and One with  mother who does not love enough. The challenges these victims face and how they move forward with their lives. How they try to have a normal and functional relationship and how the past never stays in the past. The story shows us the depth of love between to people and the lengths they would go to in order to protect one another.

I was sad that their story had to end but I am excited to see where the author will go next.
Jessica F.
Peoria
Since I enjoyed Fifty Shades of Gray I figured I'd give this one a try since a lot of the reviews said that they're fairly similar. Well....while the characters & the plot are a bit different, it was WAY too similar to Fifty Shades. Like it felt like I was just reading another version of it which kind of turned me off cause it didn't feel very original. I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if there had been more differences between the series.
Krissy B.
Titusville, FL

~*~ Possible Spoilers Warning! ~*~
The first book in the Crossfire Series, Bared To You, has been sitting on my TBR for a while. I started it about a year ago, and never finished. That’s usually a good indication that I won’t care for a book. If I start a story, and forget to finish it, it’s usually because it’s crap.

While I was putting my ideas together for this blog, I decided to try to finish reading the books on my TBR that I had already started reading. Bared To You was first up. When I loaded the book and began to read, I remembered why I had stopped reading it. To me, if an author takes two paragraphs to describe the color of a room (I’m exaggerating), I get bored and quit. That’s how this book read to me. I know that there are a lot of readers who enjoy when an author takes extra time describing what the character sees, hears, feels, and tastes in the story. That’s cool, but not for me. 😉

So, I picked up where I had left off. Eva had just literally ran in to Mr. Cross, and was instantly in lust. Maybe I am more of a get-to-the-point kind of person, but up to this point, I was bored. Things got more interesting from there, and I started getting more sucked into the story and characters. Eva works at the Crossfire building, owned by, you guessed it, Gideon Cross. Her boss was instantly likeable, and her job was legit. A heroine with a real job, not gifted to her by the ultra mogul leading man? Love it! How interesting is her roommate Cary? I’ve often fantasized about having a gay BFF/roommate to help me with my style, go shopping with me, and criticize my choice in men. It’s unclear at first how these two ended up living together in NYC in a fancy schmancy apartment, but I bought it. As the story unfolds, my heart aches for these two, and I am so happy they’ve found a safe place in each other.

Gideon Cross took a little longer for me to “get”. So many books I’ve read lately include the twenty something, ultra handsome, super rich, business mogul that makes love like a rock star. Where do they find such men? Did I miss the sign up sheet? ( Just kidding Hubby!!)

Cross was so persistent on getting together with our heroine, that I almost wrote him off in the heard-this-one-before category. I warmed to him, though. Clearly, sex was going to be the “bond” (heh heh) between these two. I was happy that they at least enjoyed going to the gym together. A couple that works out in a gym (also owned by Cross) AND in the sheets should stay pretty fit. They at least have that. There was something about not knowing what had caused him to close himself off emotionally to women, that pulled me in. I love a good mystery. His creepy sexual nightmares were the only indication of what could have happened in his past. Well, those, and the distance he put between himself and his family. How interesting.

I began to worry when his dear little Maggie kept popping up. I probably wouldn’t have handled this as diplomatically as Eva did. A drink in that woman’s face would have sufficed. That was until we meet Corinne. What a crushing blow that revelation was!

For the most part, I really liked Eva’s character. She’s not just a pretty face. Most of us have had things to overcome in life, and it’s the way you deal with them that sets your future. The age-old questions still stands. Can you build a life together around little more than a hot sex life? On top of that, these two have some serious personal demons that need to be dealt with before they can continue building a life together. Oh, that, and they should spend a bit more time together than a couple of weeks before exchanging promise rings.

I’ve tried to give you as much of my personal views on this book, without spoiling too much if you’ve not yet read it. I give it a solid three and a half out of five Krissy stars. I will continue reading the series, much to my surprise.
Krista L.
Wilmington, NC
Love this series!! In my opinion it’s so much better fifty shades of gray! The story line is better, it’s written better and it really pulls you in. These are must reads and I recommend all fifty shades lovers to give them a try!
Katie T.
Louisa, KY
Bookworm Expert Level 1
If you liked 50 shades of grey books I totally recommend this to you they are great books and have an amazing story line! It’s about romance and sex but still can keep you captivated and wanting more
Gina L.
Stamford, CT
Bookworm Expert Level 1
When are they going to do the tv show!!!!!!! great book. the storyline is great and the author wrote this well. would read again. really wish they went through with the tv show.
Liz W.
Henderson, NV
I love this series! It is what many other adult books should have been in my opinion. Eva she broken and shattered but not lost. She builds herself back up and takes Gideon along on her journey.

Gideon is an hard person to understand but once you hear his story you understand can I'm sure relate. Abuse is ugly and not something any child should face. This is a tragedy that thankfully didn't destroy two amazing people.

The author is real in her writing, I think that's what drew me to this series to begin with, she made her characters complex and real.

Definitely mature in nature through out the series but well worth the read.
Jamie M.
Selinsgrove, PA
I picked these up on a whim at a thrift store and decided to give them a go. While they are a good read, I had a hard time separating the storyline from the 50 Shades series.

Yes,the characters and the plot are different but the idea is VERY similar to 50 Shades. If you're looking for something similar, you will love these books. If you're over the 50 Shades excitement, you may want to pass these by.

However, they are well written and over all good, steamy stories.
Jaime A.
West Allis, WI
I really wanted to like this. I did.

BUT I found myself at times cringing, rolling my eyes and making that bitchface I've realized I have.

Eva our heroine moves to the big apple from San Diego hoping to make a life based on her own merits. See, she comes from a life of wealth, her mother is married to a guy who's loaded. BUT they purchase her a fancy apartment where she takes up residence with her bi roommate Cary. We don't know what kind of trauma Eva has experienced in her life yet, but we do know something has happened as its hinted at. Her mother is over protective and so she is also trying to break free from that and start living an independent life... Sort of.

Her new job takes her to the crossfire building where she accidentally meets Gideon cross and things move forward from there.

Gideon... I liked him... I think? He's handsome, a billionaire, owns almost all the things in new York and finds Eva completely irresistible. But of course he too has demons in his past (though admittedly we NEVER find out what they are in this book there are only hints as to what they are)

I don't even know what to say... I'm struggling not to say that I couldn't help but compare this to a series I disliked but I almost have to because the resemblance is uncanny, is this better written ..yes much better (please see 2.5 stars vs 1) but still everything just seemed so manufactured for me.

Neither wants a relationship.. But for each other they will..it was a cycle of he bends his norms and desires to go out with her, he fucks up in some way and she runs off. Rinse repeat. I mean... Over and over. I feel like the book could have saved about 150 pages. but on top of that I like reading about adults because I'm an adult and to me Eva just came across as not. Instead of talking about the issues that arose she immediately takes off... I hate that.

So at one point I was all hey yay they worked out the major issues now they can get on with the falling in love and being happy ... But no.

Hey.., btw Eva I'm a dominant and you're a submissive.. Bet you didn't know that! That came out of left field for me because at no point in the front half of the book did I get any inkling that that's where the book was going. Don't get me wrong I love bdsm (not personally but you know... To read)

Anyway... There were a few other things that got my hackles up, but I'll leave this review be as is.

I will say this, the cover is lovely, and I'm a total cover h00r ...(the cover has changed to be more like those damn fifty books because why not ride that train) Half the books on my tbr list are because I was drawn in by the cover. I will also say that I liked bits and pieces of the characters.. Though the over the top possessiveness from gideon and the super jealousy from Eva kinda scare me for them in the future.

So... I guess read this book if you liked that one series that shall not be named
Melissa P.
Bound Brook, NJ
Not only has Gideon Cross became Eva's obsession but mine as well. I stayed up until 12 at night the night before the ebook release to get my copy and didn't sleep! Finished by morning I've already read this story twice.

(dreamy sigh) I am the first to admit I saw Bared to you as a 50 shades of Grey band aid... It has now become so much more then that.

The story between the characters is so much more, deeper, powerful you can't help but be drawn into there world and lives. I have so much love for these dysfunctional characters who are trying to make it in the world of the high and powerful.

My heart breaks for Eva and Gideon the odds are staked against them, they have to many demons in there history to over come.. It's a wild journey that gave me whip lash. I wished I could put them in a bubble so the outside world could leave them alone! Especially Corrine!

Sometimes Gideon with all his power, money and good intentions works in a way that he knows what he's doing but it takes a while to become clear leaving Eva in the dark and on an emotional roller coaster, I really felt for her.

I don't want to put any spoilers in this review because there are so many twist and turns the reader just has to experience for themselves. This is an awesome second book and you'll love it as much as book 1, I know I did!

It has haters, family run ins, ex partners, romance and erotic moments, lies and drama... Nothing is as it seems.

Oh and my love for Cary holds no bounds :)

This review can also be found on my blog @ Just one opinion
Shelby F.
Jacksonville, NC
I heard these are similar to 50 Shades of Grey, is it true? I haven't had the chance to read them.
Linda  O.
Spring hill, FL
Should I read this I read 50 shades and I heard this is good but I don't know if I want to read it or not ?
Amberly M.
Modesto, CA
Dose this book keep you intrestead the hole time your reading
amanda s.
Edinboro, PA
What age group are the charecters?
Jaime C.
Has the 3rd book came out yet?