BY BARE REPUBLIC

Buy now on Vitamin Shoppe
and get 5.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Face the day protected! Sun and environmental stressors can affect the health of your skin year-round – so fight back with our lightweight and non-whitening, tinted mineral face sunscreen. Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide protect physically, not chemically. Providing broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Antioxidant-rich oils and plant extracts offer intense hydration and repairative benefits to help keep your skin looking it’s best, no matter the season. No parabens, no active chemical sunscreens, no synthetic fragrances, no worries! #GOBAREOUTSIDE see more...

• Does this have fragrance in it? 2 Answers
  • Does this product work for oily skin? In order words, doe...1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this and if so, what color tint is it? I...1 Answers
Anna M.
Long Beach, CA
I prefer mineral sunscreens over chemical ones so I’m happy that this is a mineral sunscreen. However the coverage is too sheer for me and it’s also too greasy for my skin type. It might do better for dry skin (I have oily skin) and those who are not acne-prone or sensitive.

I’m attaching a picture which compares this to two other tinted moisturizers which have slightly more coverage (a drugstore brand No7 City Light Tinted Moisturiser and one that’s sold in Sephora FIRST AID BEAUTY Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 so it’s more high-end). This one also takes much longer to dry compared to the other ones so it’s not very convenient if you want to use it as a primer or are always on the go.
Sara S.
Sterling Hts, MI
Got this product on sale at target and I have been liking it so far. It is creamy enough to be used without another moisturizer. I have used it to replace my previous daytime moisturizer which did not have any spf in it. I was worried at first that it would make me oily because the feeling on the skin is very oily at first application. However, it sinks into skin well and has not left me greasy. I like that the product is tinted so that it doesn’t leave the white cast that other mineral sunscreens can leave on skin. And I love that this sunscreen is formulated without chemicals that damage the ocean and is cruelty free! Overall I would recommend this product!
Ari G.
Burbank, CA
I randomly saw this at Target, and decided to buy it and give it a shot... it sat in my purse for a few days, but today I decided to try it, and I gotta say: it is SOOOO silky and amazing! I was afraid the color would be too dark for my ghostly pale face, but it actually blends perfectly and you can't even tell you put anything on your face! I wanted a facial sunscreen that I can just throw in my bag because I sometimes find myself out in the sun and as I said, I have VERY fair skin, so I really need to wear sunscreen! I am in love and will absolutely buy again. 5 Stars!
Lauren D.
Rocky Hill, CT
If you’re looking for a natural sunscreen, this brand is awesome! The tinted face sunscreens can be worn alone or under makeup, and they smell absolutely delicious. Chemical sunscreens make me break out, but I don’t have that problem with this formula.
Jaren F.
Paragould
amazing product very nice colors and does a very good job protecting you from the suns harmful rays. It’s it a very good product for the price comes in nice packaging. Honestly I do not think that they could do any more to make a better product
Audrey K.
The sunscreen seems to work well since my skin tone hasn't changed much.
I thought the tint was too subtle to do much worthy coverage. However, my mom complimented my makeup! (She rarely does) It must be better than I thought!
Shirley M.
NEW YORK, NY
These Bear Republic mineral tinted sunscreen sticks are amazing for everyone. My daughter absolutely loved it and was super happy to be able to decorate on her own skin
Celisa S.
Bennington, VT
I really, really wanted to love this product, but wasn't quite what I'd expected. I got a couple of "samples" from a PR company that ended up being full-sized. The other "sample" I got was my FAVORITE - Coola sunscreen, cucumber SPF 30. I decided to try the Bare Republic first, and because it is from the makers of Coola, I guess I was hoping it was a little more like the products from Coola I've come to adore!

I'm a really, really pasty complected woman. Since I have to avoid the sun for long periods of time, my skin tone doesn't change a whole lot with the seasons. Especially now that I've been using sunscreen consistently for several years. I've been searching for the perfect BB cream or tinted moisturizer/sunscreen to even out my skin tone and blend with my concealer/other makeup - but it's been SO HARD to find anything that matches my super duper white skin. I have always loathed foundation, as it is too heavy, and I tend to sweat it off when I wear it. Sunscreen definitely stays on my face/skin a lot longer, as does regular moisturizer. On first glance, the tint wasn't the right match for me. Once I blended it in well, it didn't contrast with my skin color AT ALL. It's not a terribly drastic tint, so it's more than likely appropriate for many different tones.

I was a little taken aback when I opened the bottle and discovered that it was WICKED WATERY. There's got to be a reason for that, and upon reading the instructions, noticed it said to "shake well". I do believe the consistency is so thin because this sunscreen contains ingredients that are natural. Because it was so watery, I ended up with FAR TOO MUCH on my hand - yet I learned through that mistake that a little of this goes a long way.

It feels soft and silky, and doesn't sit on your skin like normal sunscreen, which is wonderful. However, I'm questioning whether or not this will work for me in the summer weather, when I will need it most! That remains to be seen, obviously. Fingers crossed!

For those with sensitivities, this product is entirely appropriate! I have issues with some sunscreens because of ingredients that not only make me breakout, they make my face BURN! I also have issues with scents in products, and the only scent I can smell is a hint of coconut or something of that nature. Whether or not you'll tolerate this product really depends on what your needs are.

Once I got into my routine, I forgot about the fact that I had applied this to my face. It ended up blending in quite seamlessly with my concealer, and while it doesn't appear like it would go well with my skin tone, it is so light that the tint isn't as blatantly obvious as some other similar brands! Overall, I'm impressed with this product. Not quite as much as Coola, but it's a close second!
Katelin L.
Christiansburg, VA
I love using this tinted moisturizer for whenever I take my son to the park or just go to the store it's not heavy doesn't appear orange has sunscreen which is my favorite part. It is very lightweight also and non greasy
Nichole M.
Milford, MI
I liked Bare Republic Natural Mineral Tinted Face Sunscreen so much that after I received a sample of it free for testing purposes, I actually went out and bought the full size. First and foremost, I'm picky about smells and this didn't have that smell like most sunscreens do. It's perfect for summer because it has very light coverage. I wouldn't use it in the winter, however, if you need medium or more coverage. I like the SPF 30, that's just the right amount for me. I like to be able to stay out all day in the sun and still get a small amount of sun at the end of the day. The product says water resistant, but I'd venture to say water-proof because it stayed on while I was in and out of the pool all day the other day. It matched my skin tone perfectly and I have pale to light skin. It seemed to disappear when I put it on. I have no idea if it would look the same on darker skin tones. I would and already have recommended this to my friends.
Paige W.
Does this have fragrance in it?
Andrea S.
Carbondale, IL
Does this product work for oily skin? In order words, does it make your skin greasy later in the day?
Jessica F.
Has anyone tried this and if so, what color tint is it? I looked for it in stores but they were out of stock and I was thinking of purchasing online but I'm worried I'm too pale and it won't match my skin tone

back