Add a Photo

By BAREMINERALS
Find the Smoothing Face Brush here: BareMinerals Smoothing Face Brush Vanilla 02 - For light skin with neutral tones The best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer. With a 215% increase in skin hydration after just one week* this is a whole new way to think about makeup. *Based on average results on an independent U.S. clinical study of 63 participants. Benefits: Powerful hydration: marine botanicals to help replenish thirsty skin Mineral electrolytes to help energize skin Dewy sheer-to-medium coverage for a radiant, soft, smooth finish Non-chemical, mi
Photos (65)
Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

With all the hype surrounding it, this was a real disappointment to me, and I´ve tried to make it work for me since several months now, but I guess I have to accept it just doesn´t. I bought this at the end of summer and found out very quickly that it just feels too rich for my skin in the warmer months. Even when I applied it sparingly, I looked like a greasy mess soon after. So I waited for cold weather to try it again, I figured it would be perfect when my skin is drier in winter. But no - even though the richness doesn´t bother me all that much at the moment, I just find the finish of this product not nice at all. Like a previous reviewer said already, it just seems to sit on top of my skin, looking artificial and kind of patchy. It seems to emphasize every flaw in my complexion. The coverage seemed ok to me at first, but it is so darn patchy, no matter what I do! Especially later in the day it looks less and less natural, the pigment is visibly lying on top of my skin. I´ve tried to wear it with different primers and without, I applied it with fingers, the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face brush, the Beautyblender, with fingers and then finishing it with the beautyblender, but no - there is no way I ever could make this look good on my skin. What a pity!
Lily F.
Lily F.
Western Springs, IL

Overall, if you are someone with dry skin looking for a tinted moisturizer with hydrating properties as well as light pigment, this product would be great for you. However, I have dry skin and with summer approaching I was looking for something to help even out my complexion but was not as heavy as a foundation. I decided on this product from Bare Minerals because I have used their serum foundation in the past and really enjoyed so I thought I would really enjoy this products as well. However, I deal with a slight amount of redness in my skin and usually light coverage creams/ foundations/ powders cover it up just fine, except this product slid right off my skin and did not layer well when I wanted to layer it up more in the areas of my face that are slightly more red. For that reason I am not a huge fan of this product because it did not even out my complexion the way I wanted it to. However, like stated above if you are someone looking for a product very hydrating, spf for the summer time and for the most part have a pretty even complexion this is the right product for you!
Meggan D.
Meggan D.
Canton, GA

I have been through a billion and one foundations, and I have not found one that I haven't had to use a s3tting powder with till I found this OMG I'm in love it love this product is a agree that it does separate but heellllllo it is a gel so it does need to be shaken before use to ensure proper delivery of ingredients I don't need to use a setting powder over it it's cut my get ready time in half oh my im so in love and i have litterally tryed everything and i mean everything so when i say i love this i mean it i tryed this product by getting sampples for weeks before i actually bought it so its not somethigng i did on a whim so yes this product is an amazing product i have pitting on my skin from acne from steriods from a surgery i had where i had to have steriods for the surgery and i had a bad reaction to the steriods and it cause a bad reaction and my akin broke out in a bad case of acne rash thing and thie with a little conclear for darker spots covers perfect
Ashlee C.
Ashlee C.
Wellsville, KS

I purchased the color Birch around 6 months to a year ago from the local boutique. I am such a fan of this foundation! It's a great value for the price and I only need a pea sized amount! It does have more of a sheer-light coverage. Which is fine because I don't need fuller coverage everywhere. I'd rather use a concealer to boost those spots. For it being a light coverage though it really evens out the slight redness I have in my cheeks. I do recommend using the brush with it. I definitely don't use as much and it gives better coverage. I also love the hydrating factor and that it is so lightweight. The finish is on the dewy side. So I like to set it with translucent powder and my skin still looks healthy and glowy. The only con is that I have pale olive skin and the opal is too red but birch makes me look just a little orange.
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Scottsdale, AZ

I wear color 6.5, "Desert" which launched last year. Originally I was color matched at color 7, "Tan", but the slightly lighter shade 6.5 is good for all year round since I no longer change shades in the summer.

I find it easy to over apply this stuff, so I have to really watch how much I squeeze out, otherwise it can be greasy or too slathered on. When used properly I use about one tube per year! Personally, I apply with my fingertips and then blend all around with a face brush

It did not replace my regular moisturizer, and does absolutely nothing for my horrendous dark circles, but it makes the world go round for the rest of my face.

It is a lot more full coverage than I expected, but it is light enough to wear alone on a gym day. It will not cover big blemishes, but will give you a generally even complexion besides.
Darlene P.
Darlene P.
Wixom, MI

I decided to try this foundation for the summer due to the SPF 30. I absolutely love how it applies and it feels very cool and soothing when being applied. I have normal skin and I am 60 years old. I use the Bare Minerals smoothing face brush and it gives a nice even medium coverage. I do add a few touches of concealer to even my skin out completely. I finish off my look for a bit more coverage using a light amount of the Bare Minerals Sweet Complexion Rescue Mineral Veil Finishing Powder. It's a gorgeous flawless skin for me. It isn't drying at any time for my skin. It stays in place all day and it doesn't set into any fine lines or wrinkles. I did have a small break out the first time I used it but then my skin seemed to balance and no additional problems since. I think it is a wonderful product and will repurchase.
Denise J.
Denise J.
Dallas, TX

I'll admit I didn't buy this product, but given my opinion of it I'm glad I didn't! When shopping around for a bb cream I decided to get samples at my local Sephora before buying. It was a smart move considering how this did not work for my skin. I have normal to oily skin and this product left me looking like a grease ball.  At first I thought since it was a 'gel' like texture, that it would help rather than a thick formula. This was too gel like, the texture added so much shine and only snowballed as the time went on. I kept using it for three weeks, trying to see how I felt about it, and at the end of those three weeks I noticed a cluster of breakouts in the areas where I applied it most. To wrap it all up, the coverage was minimal, it left me oilier and shinier than preferred, and broke me out
Amy G.
Amy G.
Colorado Spgs, CO

Pros :

Coverage better than a basic light coverage.
Can be applied with fingers for easy makeup days.
Has SPF, making this a great summer on-the-go product.

Cons :

Is thicker than many bb creams and can streak when applied with some brushes.
The shiny finish requires some additional powder, which I don't usually need if I wear matte foundation.

Overall :

Bare Minerals offers a decent mid-range-priced tinted moisturizer. I like using this on days when I want a no makeup look but still need to blur some flaws. I will often apply some Complexion Rescue before going on a quick run to the store, and only need to add just a touch of mascara and lip gloss. If I'm having stubborn acne scarring poking through, I'll add a touch of concealer on those spots, since this gel cream is not full coverage.

Sharonda T.
Sharonda T.
Severn, MD

By far my fave bb cream/foundation-type product. I bought it in August 2016 before going on vacation to the D.R. and have been wearing it ever since. I'm on the shade Chestnut 09 and am actually wearing it in my profile picture. A thick-ish gel consistency, it goes on really smooth and it's very light. Be careful not to use too much or you'll end up a shiny mess! I have combination/mostly dry skin, so the hydration is GREAT,  but I have to keep an eye on the oily area around my nose. It doesn't go on well over dry patches, but what does? It seems it does clog my pores sometimes, so I've cut back from nearly everyday usage. I usually apply with my fingers, sometimes with a beauty blender - no preference.
Marissa J.
Marissa J.
N Billerica, MA

THANK GOODNESS I FOUND THIS! I was using a drugstore foundation that I really liked but it started to break me out really badly. I had tried Bare Minerals loose powder foundation in the past because of its ingredients but wasn't crazy about the coverage. I decided to give this a try and I'm so glad I did. The coverage is great but lightweight so I can't even feel it and it looks SO natural. I do usually follow it with the bareSkin Perfecting Veil, but even without it the coverage stays great!
Bonus: the employee at Bare Minerals told me that you should not use a primer before applying this product, so it's like saving money!
Aysia A.
Aysia A.
San Tan Vly, AZ

Do people just wear this alone and without powder?
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Brooklyn, MI

I have really dry sensitive skin and have been looking to get this, does this work well with sensitive skin?
Where is the best place to find this product?!
Shavonn T.
Shavonn T.

Is this gel cream build able . I purchased it the covesrge is very sheer
Indiera A.
Indiera A.
Orlando, FL

What kind of finish (natural, satin, dewy, matte,...) and what level of coverage does this provide?

Join Now