Bare Escentuals bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream uploaded by Madeline L.Bare Escentuals bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream uploaded by Madeline L.Bare Escentuals bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream uploaded by Madeline L.See all 75 photos
3 colors available

BY BAREMINERALS

Find the Smoothing Face Brush here: BareMinerals Smoothing Face Brush Vanilla 02 - For light skin with neutral tones The best of a BB, a CC, and a tinted moisturizer. With a 215% increase in skin hydration after just one week* this is a whole new way to think about makeup. *Based on average results on an independent U.S. clinical study of 63 participants. Benefits: Powerful hydration: marine botanicals to help replenish thirsty skin Mineral electrolytes to help energize skin Dewy sheer-to-medium coverage for a radiant, soft, smooth finish Non-chemical, mi see more...

• I have wanted to try out some new pro...Less of a foundation, more of ... 3 Answers
  • Do people just wear this alone and wi...I use this with powder! I alwa... 12 Answers
  • i'm on a slight budget so is the prod...THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE R... 3 Answers
Photos (75)
Buy on Sephora
Lily F.
Lily F.
Western Springs, IL
Overall, if you are someone with dry skin looking for a tinted moisturizer with hydrating properties as well as light pigment, this product would be great for you. However, I have dry skin and with summer approaching I was looking for something to help even out my complexion but was not as heavy as a foundation. I decided on this product from Bare Minerals because I have used their serum foundation in the past and really enjoyed so I thought I would really enjoy this products as well. However, I deal with a slight amount of redness in my skin and usually light coverage creams/ foundations/ powders cover it up just fine, except this product slid right off my skin and did not layer well when I wanted to layer it up more in the areas of my face that are slightly more red. For that reason I am not a huge fan of this product because it did not even out my complexion the way I wanted it to. However, like stated above if you are someone looking for a product very hydrating, spf for the summer time and for the most part have a pretty even complexion this is the right product for you!
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Mesa, AZ
I wear color 6.5, "Desert" which launched last year. Originally I was color matched at color 7, "Tan", but the slightly lighter shade 6.5 is good for all year round since I no longer change shades in the summer.

I find it easy to over apply this stuff, so I have to really watch how much I squeeze out, otherwise it can be greasy or too slathered on. When used properly I use about one tube per year! Personally, I apply with my fingertips and then blend all around with a face brush

It did not replace my regular moisturizer, and does absolutely nothing for my horrendous dark circles, but it makes the world go round for the rest of my face.

It is a lot more full coverage than I expected, but it is light enough to wear alone on a gym day. It will not cover big blemishes, but will give you a generally even complexion besides.
Darlene P.
Darlene P.
Wixom, MI
I decided to try this foundation for the summer due to the SPF 30. I absolutely love how it applies and it feels very cool and soothing when being applied. I have normal skin and I am 60 years old. I use the Bare Minerals smoothing face brush and it gives a nice even medium coverage. I do add a few touches of concealer to even my skin out completely. I finish off my look for a bit more coverage using a light amount of the Bare Minerals Sweet Complexion Rescue Mineral Veil Finishing Powder. It's a gorgeous flawless skin for me. It isn't drying at any time for my skin. It stays in place all day and it doesn't set into any fine lines or wrinkles. I did have a small break out the first time I used it but then my skin seemed to balance and no additional problems since. I think it is a wonderful product and will repurchase.
Amy G.
Amy G.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Pros :

Coverage better than a basic light coverage.
Can be applied with fingers for easy makeup days.
Has SPF, making this a great summer on-the-go product.

Cons :

Is thicker than many bb creams and can streak when applied with some brushes.
The shiny finish requires some additional powder, which I don't usually need if I wear matte foundation.

Overall :

Bare Minerals offers a decent mid-range-priced tinted moisturizer. I like using this on days when I want a no makeup look but still need to blur some flaws. I will often apply some Complexion Rescue before going on a quick run to the store, and only need to add just a touch of mascara and lip gloss. If I'm having stubborn acne scarring poking through, I'll add a touch of concealer on those spots, since this gel cream is not full coverage.

Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Tuscaloosa, AL
I am a long time bare minerals original foundation and recent Bareskin serum foundation user. I decided to try this for a lighter coverage option for days when I just want to even out my complexion. I LOVE this product. This is the best tinted moisturizer type of product I have used. I recently went on a trip for work and only brought this product. It provided enough coverage for me and lasted all day. I have combination skin, and I do not feel like this make my skin shiny or oily, which has happened with similar products. I highly recommend this product, especially for summer or lighter makeup days!
Courtney R.
Courtney R.
Albany, OR
This has been one If my new favorite base products. I like to wear it when my CC cream is too heavy or I don't need A whole lot of coverage. It evens out the skintome nicely and no I mixed redness, it sits on the skin well and doesn't show dry patches too bad. I liked over the winter while my skin was dry. I excited to to wear it over the spring and summer because it's so lightweight and comfortable. It does have a dewy finish so I recommend a setting powder with it to help it set a bit and take away some of the shine because its a little over the top for me, but that's my only con about it.
Kelliann V.
Kelliann V.
Staten Island, NY
I fell in love with this product over the summer because my skin was so dry and patchy. It was perfect for hot and humid days--not too heavy-- and SPF is definitely a plus. I wear a concealer for undereyes and blemishes and need add a light layer of powder over top. I apply it like I would a regular liquid foundation, its a bit streaky with a brush, but I use a Artis-type brush to apply, then blend further with a sponge and it looks great. While the coverage is a bit lighter than others, I think it works well for everyday use, like for work or day time looks.
Corrie H.
Corrie H.
Bridgewater, MA
My Mom actually recommended this to me and I was hesitant to try it but I am so glad I did. I'm not a make up every day kind of gal and this is perfect for days when I'm not keen to wear makeup. It evens out my redness and provides light coverage along with a transluscent powder to set it. It can get a little shiny throughout the day though, that is my only complaint. The coverage is also really sheer, but it works really well under the BM regular foundation to create a medium to full coverage. It's such a great product and super affordable.
Noelle M.
Noelle M.
Joliet, IL
I've been using it for about a month now after a recommendation from a woman at Ulta. It's ok, I was expecting sunshine and miracles for my first Bare Minerals product. I will say that I like the SPF 30 - higher than the less expensive products I've used in the past. I think this tube will last me for a couple more months, but I won't be repurchasing. It gives very sheer coverage. I would not recommend if you have oily skin. It also tends to cling to any dry patches that I have, I get these really unattractive lines around my nose :/
Erin R.
Erin R.
This bb/cc cream is amazing. It makes my skin feel silky smooth and provides just enough coverage where I don't need anything else. I can literally put it on and go! It hydrates and protects your skin (with spf 30 you don't need any other sunscreen) and it leaves you with a glow after application. I can't live without this stuff!! The variety of colors ensure you will find your match. As the summer has progressed, I've adjusted my color and they blend seamlessly. If you splurge on one prestige product, let this be it.
Aysia A.
Aysia A.
Fresno , CA
Do people just wear this alone and without powder?
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Brooklyn, MI
I have really dry sensitive skin and have been looking to get this, does this work well with sensitive skin?
Where is the best place to find this product?!
Rhiannon K.
Rhiannon K.
Seattle, WA
I have been using this cream, which I absolutely love however it makes my skin look shiny and oily. Is there a powder or setting that any of you use to help reduce the shine?
Indiera A.
Indiera A.
Orlando, FL
What kind of finish (natural, satin, dewy, matte,...) and what level of coverage does this provide?