Bare Escentuals bare Minerals 'Complexion Rescue' Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50

BY BARE ESCENTUALS #88 in Sunscreen

This powerful, non-chemical mineral sunscreen by bare Minerals protects and preps your skin for flawless makeup application in one easy step. It's formulated with antioxidants to help protect against environmental aggressors, plus UVA/UVB filters to guard against the damaging effects of the sun. Unique color-adapting micro-encapsulated pigments blend beautifully with your skin tone, transforming into an invisible finish. Your skin is left feeling smooth, protected and perfectly prepped for your foundation. How to use: Apply daily, alone or with foundation. Brand: BARE ESCENTUALS COSMETICS. Style Name: bare Minerals 'Complexion Rescue' Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50. Style Number: 5134858. see more...

• How often do I need to reapply this to prevent burning, and how doe...4 Answers
  • I have combo skin and find that most sunscreens break up my makeup ...2 Answers
  • Does this leave your skin white? Does it have a strong sunscreen sm...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
I love using this in the summer. The name can be a bit deceiving. It is NOT a moisturizer. But it does an amazing job as a primer. The color correcting is kinda cool to watch as it happens. Skin is smoothed and even toned prior to applying foundation. Plus the bonus of SPF protection.
Ithe works great with my liquid foundations but I had a hard time with it when using my powder foundation witch is the biggest bummer of the product.
Ramatu T.
Ramatu T.

Protects and preps skin for a flawless makeup application in one easy step. This mineral-based sunscreen is formulated with antioxidants to help protect against environmental stressors, while UVA/UVB filters help protect against the damaging effects of the sun. And the unique color-adapting micro-encapsulated pigments blend beautifully with your skin tone. Its a beautiful product and did not cause any breakouts.
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
I just purchased this recently. I love most of bare minerals products because they do not bother my sensitive skin. I like this moisturizer a lot. I've only used a few times. At first it seems like it's going to leave a white film on your skin but it absorbs pretty quickly. I do think it's a bit expensive for such a small bottle.
Bailey R.
Bailey R.
Pullman, WA
This stuff is awesome, it goes on very smoothly and blends in well. It doesn't affect how powder foundation sits on top and my face didn't get burnt even when the rest of me did.
Renee G.
Renee G.
While this product didn't work for me (something in here breaks me out), I think it's overall a solid product.

First, I should note that I used this primarily as a face sunscreen, not a primer. I did test it under makeup once, though, and it did not ball up under or dry out my foundation. I can't say if it improved the wear of my makeup because I have very dry skin, so products tend to stick to me like glue.

As a sunscreen, this product worked wonderfully. It has a slight tint to it, but it did not too dark or ridiculous on my very fair skin; in fact, it was undetectable. I think this tint will help prevent a white cast if you're more on the medium/tan side, but I don't think it'll be enough for very dark skin. It has an incredibly smooth, silky feel, similar to very silicone-heavy foundations or moisturizers, and it slides across the skin easily. It felt weightless on my face.

I did not experience any burning or freckling with this product, although I must note that I usually wear a hat when I'm out, which helps. It didn't burn my eyes, either, which is great for a sunscreen! This product doesn't claim to be particularly water-resistant, but I did swim in a lake for about 30 minutes with this on, and when I wiped my face with my makeup remover and a facial cotton later, you could definitely seen the tinted sunscreen on the cotton.

It's a shame this broke me out, because it's one of the most comfortable, cosmetically elegant face sunscreens I've ever tried. If my skin liked it more, it'd be my new HG!
Alli M.
Alli M.
Bare Minerals Prep Step clearly won! I recently went to Mexico and was looking for a facial sunscreen. My standards were high. This is what I needed:
Adequate SPF - 50 ✅
Feel good on the skin - not oily ✅
Not cause break outs - ✅
Minimal or no scent - No oil or fragrance ✅
Not only is this an amazing sunscreen, it also a fantastic lotion which is moisturizing. So after spending a day out it the sun, my skin felt soft and hydrated. As a bonus, I was not an oil slick at the end of the day. It works extremely well under foundation. Definitely made my Holy Grail list. I purchased this at Ulta and will definitely keep this in my daily skin care regimen.
Liz P.
Liz P.
This sunscreen has physical block (zinc and titanium) instead of chemical like a lot of sunscreens does which I love. Physical blocks usually take a bit more work to rub in and this rubs in very smoothly. It acts as a primer so it's super easy to apply my makeup on top; I've had no issues with my foundation changing colors. I am knocking of a star because the scent is starting to bother me. I was using shiseido sunscreen and that has a great scent. Price is decent for the amount you get, product is light and nongreasy.
Tyra I.
Tyra I.
Water Valley, MS
I got this product for 50% off. Their packaging has changed from a 1.6 oz bottle to a 1 oz bottle so I was able to snag an older version before they were all thrown away. It's a great spf and a great primer. But "adapts to skin tone" is a big claim when it comes to skin as dark as mine. And sadly, this spf didn't live up to its promise. The white cast is noticeable but it is fine if followed by tinted moisturizer or foundation. For reference I wear Bare Minerals complexion rescue tinted moisturizer in "Sienna." It's their darkest shade. This is my everyday spf but on makeup free days, I find myself reaching for something different
Ivonne C.
Ivonne C.
Lexington
I love this product because is gentle and effective. I use it regularly especially around my eye area and it doesn't cause any irritation. It goes on white but it becomes invisible under makeup. I stopped using it in my whole face because through the day, I think the product on me starts getting chalky and I look a little ashy. I also saw white cast on a few photos I took whilst using this product. This is a very good product and the size is generous for the price, I have no problems using it, I just prefer other products right now that are totally clear, but I use this sunscreen often.
Annette P.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
This sunscreen is IT!! After reading soooo many reviews, I made the purchase from Sephora and this product did not disappoint, neither did he reviews!! Everyone said it did NOT make their face more oily and i can attest to that!! SPF 50!! And non greasy ! And for 30$! This is a bang for your buck!!
No cons, just pros!!
Mild sheen to it but not shimmery, nor sparkly. More like glowy! No extra oil, if anything it made me less oily! I pat a tiny amount of Hungarian essence (belif) just to prevent any dryness around my nose and chin. Makeup goes on smooth after this product, but sometimes I still use a primer depending on my skin condition that day... however, if you are heading to the beach, this is all you need and you won't be a greasy mess! Plus it delivers an adequate SPF!
Miranda B.
Miranda B.
How does this compare to the shiseido sunscreen? That's my holy grail facial sunscreen but if this has a similar texture and feel to it id love to switch over
Katherine E.
Katherine E.
Redondo Beach, CA
How often do I need to reapply this to prevent burning, and how does it apply over makeup?
member-f84511154
member-f84511154
Hi! Did anyone get an allergic reaction after using this product (BareMinerals Prep Step)? I used it twice in a row and my face got full of blemishes, bumps and super itchy!
Alecia K.
Alecia K.
Did anyone else receive this in their boxycharm and think its too watery?
Perri A.
Perri A.
I have combo skin and find that most sunscreens break up my makeup throughout the day or dry out my skin. How does this one wear with makeup? Are there any spf products you would recommend?