Bare Escentuals bare Minerals bare Skin(R) Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

BY BARE ESCENTUALS

A breakthrough tone-correcting mineral foundation and skincare serum in one. Created with exceptional purity in mind, this ultrathin, skin-perfecting fluid provides seamless adjustable coverage, a natural finish, and the look and feel of beautiful skin while delivering a noticeably brighter, more youthful appearance it's like nothing you've ever felt before. It is formulated Without: - Parabens This product is an Allure Best of Beauty winner. Lilac plant stem cells are recognized for their exceptional healing abilities and are known to provide powerful antioxidant protection. BareMinerals extracts these cells, fortifies them with their unique mineral complex, and infuses them into their formula to improve the appearance of skin and help defend against environmental stressors. This formula is hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, dermatologist tested, and ophthalmologist tested. It is formulated without silicone, fragrance, water, and oil.

Erin E.
Erin E.
South Lyon, MI
Review for: Bare Linen
Pretty good, but not the best. I like that it goes on well over the Bobbie brown vitamin face base, its not too drying and didn't accentuate or settle into my pores like some foundations do. It does however "melt off" ... Or it did on me. Especially around frown lines and under eyes. Also,I tend to have dryish skin that gets oily if its warm out.

I cant set my makeup with powder because it drys my skin out and looks cakey on me, but for those that do this would likely be a decent all season foundation for you. For me this is a good spring/fall/winter foundation, for summer I prefer just a bb cream really just something to provide a little sun protection and even my skin tone since in the summer sweat tends to make foundations look bad fast! This was a bit too much coverage to still look ok after sweating or being outside in the heat.
I'd say get a sample first and see how it works in warm weather on your skin... Otherwise it might be wiser to wait till fall if your someone who sweats
Tesa M.
Tesa M.
Bedford, OH
Review for: Bare Linen
Let me start with this: I LOVE Bare Minerals. I use 90% Bare Minerals makeup, and have used their product for 7 years now. I have had issues with cystic acne for about 15 years, and Bare Minerals has been the only product out there that has not made my skin worse, and does an excellent job of covering my scars/red marks. That said, the reason I rated this product so low was for their color selection. I went to the Bare Minerals store to get color matched, and we couldn't find a color to match my skin. I have fair skin, yellow undertones, and some red scarring. Three different foundations made my face a different shade. First made me ghost white. Second made me yellow, and the third made me orange. She topped all trial colors with a powder foundation, but it only made each color worse. I was pretty bummed because it was the first time I had a problem with their line. If they expand their color line for this foundation, I will definitely try again.
makayla c.
makayla c.
Apex, NC
Review for: Bare Shell
This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. I thought I would not be greasy and make my face oily, but it did! It is oil free which is a good thing but it doesn't feel like it. It is extremely liquidy. The coverage is not good at all. If your looking for a foundation with the coverage of a tinted moisturizer, than this might work, if you can get past the greasy part. It also drips everywhere. It doesn't blend in, it just stays in the surface. I would not recommend the product, especially for oily skin. This product wipes right off with your fingers. The only good thing I can really say is that it does not look cakey. However it does not last, maybe it will last you for 3-4 hours then will come right off. I totally regret purchasing and hope you guy don't waste your money. I think it's great that is hypoallergenic but it's not worth the hype. Feel free to ask any questions.
Keysy R.
Keysy R.
brentwood, ny
Review for: Bare Linen
This is my everyday foundation. I have dry skin, and it gives me that glow and hydration I need throughout the day while giving me a dewy finish, and not accentuating my dry patches. The only reason I'm giving this three stars, and not four or five is because it seems to move. It transfer terribly. I've tried everything to get it to stay, from using a primer and setting spray, to using setting powder, to not putting moisturizer on under my skin, it seems like no matter what I do, I can't avoid this transferring onto everything. I can't even apply highlighter without getting a bunch of transfer onto my brush of beauty blender, even if it's only one coat! If the finish wasn't so gorgeous, and it didn't leave my skin looking like I just got a facial, and ate a bunch of fruits, I would just dump this foundation and go back to my Nars Sheer Glow foundation!
Kylie Q.
Kylie Q.
Providence, RI
Review for: Bare Linen
I bought this after looking extensively for a foundation that would work for my dry skin. After watching many Youtube review videos, I decided to give it a try. This is the absolute best foundation for me, personally. It only takes 2-3 drops to for medium coverage. The amount of foundation you need to use means that this foundation lasts a very long time. You need to shake it very well before using it and give it time to settle before you open the bottle. I did have problems with the foundation gushing out without me being able to stop it. That got a bit annoying, but after an email to the company, it was fine. If you have oily skin, this probably isn't for you. If you have dry skin, this will be your favorite foundation.
Sierra G.
Sierra G.
Springtown, TX
Review for: Bare Natural
I absolutely LOVE this product. It blends in perfectly with my skin, and it so light what that I feel like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. It instantly makes my skin look air brushed and perfect. The ONLY down side is that if you have oily skin (like me) it tends to kind of melt off throughout the day. But I found a oil-reducing primer by Pacifca(MUST have for oily skin) that really is the perfect combination with the Bareskin Serum. Also, if you have any flaky skin at ALL, I would use a different product. This is a super thin liquid so it grabs on to every little piece of dead skin and makes it super obvious. But overall, I really enjoy this product when my skin isn't being flaky!
Dera E.
Dera E.
Review for: Bare Linen
I was so excited to try this foundation! I even bought the expensive brush that they say works best with this foundation! The coverage was horrible! The foundation is so slick or liquidy that it always wiped off and smeared throughout the day! I tried setting powder and setting spray to help it stick better, but nothing seemed to improve the foundation. It always made me look too oily! The first five minutes on my face looked good, but after that it went downhill! I would not waste your money on trying this foundation even though the colors were a perfect match for my skin tone!
Ayanna O.
Ayanna O.
Milton, GA
Review for: Bare Latte
I bought this when it first came out and was so excited about it that I bought the special brush. Do not buy the brush! Yes, it's soft and has a spot for the foundation to be applied but that is a huge flaw. The makeup seeps into the brush and you have to use more product that way it also wasn't good coverage. As for the foundation I don't hate it - it gives good coverage and feels light. But, it also looks oily after a while, wipes of easily and my tone is a bit orange with it. I'll use it when I'm tan in the summer so it doesn't go to waste. Won't buy again.
Review for: Bare Linen
This product covers nothing and has a watery formula. Although I love bare minerals this foundation is a thumbs down for me. This slides everywhere and never dried. I was disappointed in this product. I like the basic packaging but ones I opened it I knew it was going to be watery because ere is a tube that the foundation comes out. The swatch next to the product is a huge lie. 1 it's not that thick. 2 not a pigmented. 3 It is not the Finnish it shows (the swatches shows a satin to matte Finnish, it really is a extremely dewy Finnish. Not in a good way)
Paige K.
Paige K.
Review for: Bare Natural
This a good foundation. It feels light weight and gives coverage with out looking cake-y! I find that the consistency of the liquid changes as I go through the bottle though. At first it's thin and liquidy and I only need 3 drops to cover my entire face. But then it gets thicker and I need to use more to cover my entire face. But I still like the way it looks. Just confused about what consistency it should be. I always shake it well before using. I would also recommend the bare minerals foundation brush to use with this
Rosie P.
Rosie P.
Bronx, NY
How this foundation is those it go on smooth and it is oil on the face
Leanne :.
Leanne :.
Riverview, NB
Ive heard great things but I was wondering if it's affordable? If it's a little pricey, is it worth the money?
Angela S.
Angela S.
Ashland, KY
I just bought this at Sephora and reading the reviews I am a little scared! Can you put powder over this?
Gretchen G.
Gretchen G.
What is the best way to apply this?
Jessica V.
Jessica V.
Lake Mary, FL
I have very oily skin, with dry spots around the nose and chin. I also suffer from adult break outs. I changed from liquid make up to the bare minerals 3 years ago and swear by it. It has helped smooth my skin, as well as lesson the break outs. With that said, mineral makeup can be messy at times and I would like to try the Iiquid. Will it be a good option for someone that br3aks out normally with liquid makeup?