Bank of America
Bank of America
By Bank of America
#7 in Banks
Ola A.

Is this a good bank for College Student accounts?

Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Wantagh, NY
3 years, 8 months ago
Yes, it's been working out great for me
Tori L.
Tori L.
Allenhurst, GA
3 years, 9 months ago
Yes. You receive an account with NO FEES for being a college student that you can later upgrade to a "grown up" account.
Tracy T.
Tracy T.
4 years, 5 months ago
Honestly i encourage all people to go with neighborhood credit unions instead of banks
Soumya V.
Soumya V.
Dublin, CA
4 years, 6 months ago
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
4 years, 7 months ago
Yes I had a student checking that I converted to a no fee eChecking account which allows you to make deposits through an ATM at any time and you don't have to have any minimums. Great bank!
Anne R.
Anne R.
Santa Maria , CA
4 years, 10 months ago
Yes! they offer a ATM only account that doesn't have a fee
Chelsea C.
Chelsea C.
Boca Raton, FL
4 years, 12 months ago
Absolutely! I have the college choice checking and it's great. Everything is totally free and they even overlook overdraft charges (I think it's like 2 a year) I've never had a problem and I love Bank of America.
Blanca R.
Blanca R.
4 years, 12 months ago
You do get a free account as a college student, but soon after the four years they try to charge you. I'd go for a credit union account.
Leanna W.
Leanna W.
Arlington, VA
5 years ago
I opened my Bank of America account before I went to college and I thought it was the perfect bank to use during school. They have free checking accounts and low interest credit cards available for students. The low interest rates have continued even after I've finished school. They also have many locations and ATMs across the country. It was still convenient to use when I'd go home for the holdiays/summer and when I'd travel for Spring Break.
Stephanie r.
Stephanie r.
Rocky Hill, CT
5 years ago
I think so. I used bank of america throughout college and I had no issues at all with money management. Their power rewards credit card is also a good starter credit card for a student to build credit with They have branches all over the place and the online banking is convenient too