by Bank of America
Ask a Question
Ola A.
Ola A.

Is this a good bank for College Student accounts?
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
March 13, 2014, 1:39 p.m.
Yes, it's been working out great for me
Tori L.
Tori L.
Feb. 22, 2014, 12:44 p.m.
Yes. You receive an account with NO FEES for being a college student that you can later upgrade to a "grown up" account.
Tracy T.
Tracy T.
June 5, 2013, 10:44 a.m.
Honestly i encourage all people to go with neighborhood credit unions instead of banks
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
April 20, 2013, 5:10 p.m.
Yes I had a student checking that I converted to a no fee eChecking account which allows you to make deposits through an ATM at any time and you don't have to have any minimums. Great bank!
Anne R.
Anne R.
Jan. 17, 2013, 9:45 a.m.
Yes! they offer a ATM only account that doesn't have a fee
Chelsea C.
Chelsea C.
Nov. 28, 2012, 9:22 a.m.
Absolutely! I have the college choice checking and it's great. Everything is totally free and they even overlook overdraft charges (I think it's like 2 a year) I've never had a problem and I love Bank of America.
Blanca R.
Blanca R.
Nov. 25, 2012, 11:55 a.m.
You do get a free account as a college student, but soon after the four years they try to charge you. I'd go for a credit union account.
Leanna W.
Leanna W.
Nov. 9, 2012, 4:39 a.m.
I opened my Bank of America account before I went to college and I thought it was the perfect bank to use during school. They have free checking accounts and low interest credit cards available for students. The low interest rates have continued even after I've finished school. They also have many locations and ATMs across the country. It was still convenient to use when I'd go home for the holdiays/summer and when I'd travel for Spring Break.
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
Nov. 8, 2012, 11:10 a.m.
I think so. I used bank of america throughout college and I had no issues at all with money management. Their power rewards credit card is also a good starter credit card for a student to build credit with They have branches all over the place and the online banking is convenient too
Tiffany B.
Tiffany B.
Nov. 5, 2012, 5:19 p.m.
No your better off using chase.
Morgan R.
Morgan R.
Nov. 3, 2012, 3:44 a.m.
No. Use a credit union or USAA if you have that option.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Oct. 28, 2012, noon
I'm in college and I love it
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Oct. 27, 2012, 5:52 p.m.
Yes, the minimum to open the account is low and they have a keep the change program which allow you to earn money while you spend!
Marah T.
Marah T.
Oct. 26, 2012, 7:11 a.m.
I had a college account here and honestly I don't think so. It took me a while to realize that there are better banks than this one.
Czarina S.
Czarina S.
Oct. 25, 2012, 4:33 p.m.
Yes, I think so! I have a B of A account that I signed up in school for and got free checking. I also got a free Hello Kitty card (which is TOO CUTE) and a cooler! You can also deposit checks to your account with just your phone's barcode scanner!
Mana F.
Mana F.
Oct. 24, 2012, 10:47 a.m.
I am currently a first year in college and I am also an international student. I have an account with the Bank of America and I have yet to have any problems with it. I would recommend it especially since most of my friends here all have bank accounts with Bank of America. Also they have many ATMs! :)
patty a.
patty a.
Oct. 23, 2012, 3:31 p.m.
It can be since they do have free checking if you are in college (at least they did when I was in school). Also, they won't charge any fees if you have some type of direct deposit.

Join Now