Bank of America uploaded by Monique M.

BY BANK OF AMERICA #5 in Banks

Bank of America is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets.

Bank of America
  • "Although their customer service is friendly they often have to bounce me around to several people before I can have the problem resolved." in 79 reviews
  • "I have had Bank of America for about 11 years now, and to this day still have about 4 checking/savings accounts and a credit card with them, and my only gripe is that they have horrible inconvenient hours." in 35 reviews
  • "It's pretty simple signing up for an account with BoA, but there are a lot of hidden fees, loopholes and technicalities." in 23 reviews
  • "I ended up closing my account with them because they seemed to be trying to just squeeze money out of me just for having/using a debit card." in 18 reviews
  • "I've had Bank of America for about 5 years, at times I want to switch banks but the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the cash back rewards." in 16 reviews
Deanna J.
Pleasanton
Im not 13 and this is where my dad let me get my first debit card. The lady who gave me my card was really nice and I like her because she’s easy to work with. The bank didn’t explain to me that if you use ATMs that aren’t Bank of America, you will get charged. And I didn’t know you couldn’t put money into an ATM that wasn’t owned by BOA. So that took money from my account and we called to see if I could get my money back because it was my first time and they gave me only part of the money so we went to the lady who gave me my card and she issued it all back but it hasn’t come into my account yet which is annoying. They took more money from me when I spent some money and I knew I didn’t have enough so I was going to use all the money left in my account and pay the rest in cash but the cashiers said it went through but I knew that couldn’t be because I didn’t have enough on my card. But apparently it took from my savings and charged me overdraft. She didn’t explain that to me. I thought that it would decline my card if I didn’t have enough and she issued the overdraft back but it hasn’t come in either. It’s really frustrating working with BOA but i’m sure all banks are like that.
Lilliam F.
And this bank even more bad them Chase I'm being there customers for 18 years and as more time there more regrets i Have they charge $13 for account services monthly but if ur accout is only for online u will ONLY be available to used online services . There customer service on there branches are Horrible , people are not training for see you as a customer but they c u as This person need my bank so there nothing more them nasty yes in 2018 i will close my account here for sure!
Emily M.
Conroe, TX
I currently bank with Bank of America so far I have not had any issues with them I did have somebody hack my account but it was taken care of right away I didn’t even lose any money since they were able to reimburse me while they investigated my claim their customer service is really good I did have one issue with one of the locations in Texas at the Woodlands Mall they have horrible customer service there but if you can find a good location then usually I would stick with that
Heather B.
Chicopee, MA
Initially I got a bank account with them because I moved to Massachusetts and it was one of the most commonly known bank and you can find a Bank of America ATM almost anywhere. But I started having issues with them once I added a mortgage onto my account and just a lot of the things that they’ve implemented in the last few years, like paying $25 a month for a checking account if it’s under something like five to $10,000. They also do not have the best customer service
Hugo L.
4630 Tarrega St. Sebring FL
This bank is honestly one of my least favorite banks, but they still provide the services you need. Very professional customer service and attention, but they do not go out of their way to help you out. Usually do not forgive any overdraft fee even if you explain a particular situation. They are more concerned about themselves (bank) then about the happiness and good standing of their clients. 2 stars.
Angel D.
I have had Bank of America for as long as I can remember! They have always been a good bank. I recently got an email that they are switching al their e-banking accounts to core checking. Why? Oh because they’re not getting as much money as they would like. The e-banking charges you a $20.00 fee only if you go into the bank and use a teller. Who uses those anymore LOL 😂. So they decided they will just charge their original fee of $12.00 unless of course you meet their criteria. I would have given them 4 stars, but they only get two for this!!! Time to look for another bank.
Caitlin E.
Tampa, FL
Bank of America used to be my favorite banking company, especially years ago when they were one of the first to not charge international fees. Over the years though, there’s nothing special about them. If you want a hands off banking entity, they’re fine, but in 12 years of banking with them, I can only count on one hand the number of times they proactively checked in on me.
Diane F.
Wolcott, CT
If it wasn’t for having my daughters custodial savings account set up through them where child support gets deposited, i would switch. The customer service is horrible. Go into any branch and they line is usually halfway to the door, with 1-2 tellers for both walk in and drive through. With other staff members sitting on their asses in their cubes chatting about parties.
Amber W.
Springtown, TX
I used this bank for over 10 years, it was the first bank I chose when I started working. I usually used the app and checked my bank from online and didn't have issues. Good ATM. But personally, the customer service was what lost me. They seemed uninterested in keeping their customers and were snyde when dealing with them. It wasn't always like that. So, I switched to Chase and have never looked back. Best (bank related) decision.
Angel B.
Laurel, MD
Many available ATMs and banking centers. They charge you a lot to use non Bank of America ATMs. Their service charge for their savings are barely worth using their Keep the Change savings account. I would switch Banks if the process were easier. They do offer some cash back deals so long as you sign up for them every month.
Ola A.
Is this a good bank for College Student accounts?
Keonna B.
Saint Louis, MO
Isn't there supposed to be a 5 day grace period before an overdraft is imposed? I find that Bank of America doesn't honor this even though it is in their terms & conditions. Has anyone experienced this?
Lisa V.
Fort Gratiot, MI
Am I the only one that got overcharges because of Bank Of America fees?
Ola A.
Is there a minimum amount of money you have to have in your account? If so, what is it?
Lauren L.
Erie, PA
How do you feel about BoA credit cards?