Bank of America uploaded by Mariana F.Bank of America uploaded by Stephanie B.Bank of America uploaded by Monique M.

BY BANK OF AMERICA #5 in Banks

Bank of America is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets.

Bank of America
  • "Although their customer service is friendly they often have to bounce me around to several people before I can have the problem resolved." in 79 reviews
  • "I have had Bank of America for about 11 years now, and to this day still have about 4 checking/savings accounts and a credit card with them, and my only gripe is that they have horrible inconvenient hours." in 35 reviews
  • "It's pretty simple signing up for an account with BoA, but there are a lot of hidden fees, loopholes and technicalities." in 23 reviews
  • "I ended up closing my account with them because they seemed to be trying to just squeeze money out of me just for having/using a debit card." in 18 reviews
  • "I've had Bank of America for about 5 years, at times I want to switch banks but the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the cash back rewards." in 16 reviews
Ashley S.
Sacramento, CA
I had the WORST BofA experience. In general, they were nice and helpful. However, I tried to deposit $800 (my rent money so that I could write a rent check) into the atm. The atm took my money and then told me that I didn’t have enough funds to withdraw $800. Confused I called BofA since it was after hours and they accused me of not depositing money, but trying to withdraw money that wasn’t in my account. I explained the situation and they didn’t believe me but said they would put in a request to check that atm and get back to me in 2 weeks with their findings. Even after informing them that I can’t just leave that $800 in limbo for two weeks they said the atm had just had its maintenance check and doesn’t get another for two more weeks. I went into the bank the next day and they too accused me of lying and trying to commit fraud. This fraud charge immediately went on my credit report and I was unable to get a bank account from any other bank for 3 weeks while BofA investigated their faulty atm. This caused me so many issues and loss of my time in trying to get other banks to work with me, having to get money orders to pay my bills and the countless time talking through this with BofA. They did find my money in the atm and send me a letter and check stating that I was right and apologized, but that after the incident I was no longer wanted to bank with them for a period of idr 3 or 5 years. WHAT?! Luckily I got my money back but for them to continually accuse me and act so nasty once they put a wrong “fraud” on me and then to also say they no longer wanted my business when THEY were the ones in the wrong the entire time?? Wow. I’m forever done with Bank of America
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
Decent bank, didn’t have too many hoops to jump through when opening an account, tons of available locations nationwide...

But they decided to charge me a fee because of a supposed account change and didn’t alert me. Didn’t tell me about the change, didn’t even let me know that money was regularly being taken out of my account. I didn’t notice until months later because they didn’t even put the charges on my online statement, only my paper one (which I stopped getting because I went paperless). What bank goes to such lengths to hide the fact that they’re taking your money? Super shady, and not the mark of a good customer service. I’ve switched banks since and never looked back.
Francesca T.
Fairfax, VA
I was offered this credit card to aid in strengthening my credit score. Though the 0% into APR is great, make sure you use for the allotted time and close this baby out! Not just because BofA is absolutely the worst in customer service, but because of the fees and extremely high interest rates. I just recently closed all accounts with them because of their monthly fees for maintaining a checking and savings accounts. I’m a single mom who works full time and isn’t able to carry a daily balance of a wealthy person who can have thousands saved and not be affected. Be super careful in choosing your bank and credit cards!
Arielle F.
Forest Hills, NY
I have the quarterly rewards card, which is great since it pays for itself. You get 25 dollars each quarter for paying your bill on time. I only use it for a few small 💵 bills which are about $25 in total and when I get the $25 deposit for paying them on time every other month it's like my bills are paid for me! Bank of America customer service is not the best though so I don't advise a bank account or any other card that requires talking or dealing with them on a regular basis. I had a long standing account and they closed it by accident like idiots!
Sarah A.
Lanoka Harbor, NJ
Great rewards.  I have been using Bank of America for for over 10 years and have never had any issues.  Easy to use app.  Very first credit card I ever had.  No monthly fees.

I also have a Spirit, Bank of America card but this one does have a yearly fee and I need to spend each month in order to retain my miles.  I am not traveling Spirit enough for this to be worth it.
Duli P.
Lewisville, TX
Bank of America is great because it’s almost on every block, corner, and street. They charge you a monthly maintenance fee if your account goes below $100 a month. The banking app is very convenient, and their ATM’s are even better, because, as I have mentioned before, you turn your head, and there is a Bank Of America right there. They also have cash back deals on the app which is a definite plus for sure.
Brandi B.
This has been my bank for approximately 10 years and I don’t even have a local branch within 100 miles. It stays on top of technology and has allowed me to have the ease of mobile banking since before it was available to other banks. They are always on top of things and their customer service is outstanding. They treat you like a person instead of another number. Very friendly and satisfactory service. They go above and beyond.
Kirsten F.
Lackawanna, NY
I had lived in NY and moved out of state. I had to switch banks and go through the whole process. I switched to Bank of America and I am so glad I did. They were very kind and helpful while becoming a new member. I opened a credit card with them and earned many cash rewards. I moved again and I did not have to worry about finding a new bank. Bank of America’s are in every state. Highly recommend!!!
Mikala M.
Nacogdoches, TX
Any time I’ve had an issue, they were very helpful and got done what I needed. Once I lost my card so I ordered a new one. They deactivated my old card and sent a new one. The next day I found my old card so I called them and they found a way to reactivate my old card and discard the new one. GREAT customer service representatives. They care about you and help you with anything!
Melissa D.
Edinburg , TX
I’ve been a member of this bank for a few years now. I signed up with a free checking account and I also have a good savings account. I mostly use their app. The only thing I do not like about them is their business hours in my local area.. the close like at 4pm!! Most people don’t get out of work until 5! It has been such an issue for me that I have considered switching banks.
Ola A.
Is this a good bank for College Student accounts?
Keonna B.
Saint Louis, MO
Isn't there supposed to be a 5 day grace period before an overdraft is imposed? I find that Bank of America doesn't honor this even though it is in their terms & conditions. Has anyone experienced this?
Lisa V.
Fort Gratiot, MI
Am I the only one that got overcharges because of Bank Of America fees?
Ola A.
Is there a minimum amount of money you have to have in your account? If so, what is it?
Lauren L.
Erie, PA
How do you feel about BoA credit cards?