Bank of America uploaded by Monique M.

BY BANK OF AMERICA #6 in Banks

Bank of America is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets.

Bank of America
  • "Although their customer service is friendly they often have to bounce me around to several people before I can have the problem resolved." in 79 reviews
  • "I have had Bank of America for about 11 years now, and to this day still have about 4 checking/savings accounts and a credit card with them, and my only gripe is that they have horrible inconvenient hours." in 35 reviews
  • "It's pretty simple signing up for an account with BoA, but there are a lot of hidden fees, loopholes and technicalities." in 23 reviews
  • "I ended up closing my account with them because they seemed to be trying to just squeeze money out of me just for having/using a debit card." in 18 reviews
  • "I've had Bank of America for about 5 years, at times I want to switch banks but the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the cash back rewards." in 16 reviews
I signed up for an account with BOFA in hopes to maintain a great relationship with the bank that holds my funds. I was wrong. The personal banker told me the transfer feature on the bank app is GREAT! and it was instant transfer via e mail or text message. I tried to transfer money to my husband and his bank was not able to transfer successfully. Because of this I had to wait 10 days to get my money back. I contacted BOFA customer service and the response was "there isn't anything we can do other than file a fraud claim." Are you kidding me!?!?!?! So I contacted the branch I signed up at and still "nothing we can do, sorry." The customer service through this was horrible and the 10 day waiting to get my money back is ridiculous!!!
Alison G.
Alison G.
Sacramento , CA
I've banked with Bank of America off and on for 10 years. Each time I come back, reminds me why I left the previous times before. I've never been a fan of how they post transactions. Then, the errors that cause me to overdraft. The jumping through hoops to have them refund fees that I shouldn't have been charged, is such a pain. The Customer Service is 50/50. Sometimes you get a courteous agent on the phone. Sometimes you get a rude, sarcastic agent that you have to ask to speak with a manager to resolve the problem. I bank with them, because they have more locations and ATMs that are close to where I work and live than the other banks. It's more convenience than customer satisfaction.
C V.
C V.
I bank with them since I was in college, had my mortgage with them, and still with them. I do prefer them over other banks I have tried in the past. There are little things that I don't like about them, like if you take out money from an ATM that's not Bank of America, Bank of America will charge you a fee. Yes they will charge you a fee after the ATM charge you a fee also. But overall, i will continue to bank with them because they are a pretty good bank.
Tori H.
Tori H.
Sarasota, FL
I'm not sure why Bank of America has such low ratings, I love it. I opened a debit card there when I first entered college. I also have one of their reward credit cards and every few months I see an extra $30 deposited to my account for the rewards. I've never had to deal with any extra fees and their customer service is helpful. Their website is easy to navigate as well when bills need to be paid.
MaryCaroline G.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
I have mixed feelings about Bank of America, but overall it does a good job. I love their Credit Card because it has an excellent rewards system if you transfer your rewards into a bank of america account. However, read the info on your accounts carefully. Hidden fees are always there, and they will not refund them even if you were told incorrectly by the person who helped you set up the account.
Ada S.
Ada S.
Moses Lake, WA
Bank of America has been stealing $8.95 each month from my account. I'm enrolled in paperless billing and I have not used a teller. I should NOT have been charged this maintenance fee. If you have paperless billing please make sure this is not happening now to you. They say it was a "computer error" but won't reimburse me because I didn't notice earlier!! Be careful!!!
Shannon B.
Shannon B.
No stars! They added me as a coapplicant to a credit card and I've been fighting them for four years to remove me and they still haven't. Now the card has been closed and is delinquent so it's hitting my credit and they still can't seem to figure out how to remove me from the account. NEVER would I use Bank of America!
Lakiya N.
Lakiya N.
Detroit, MI
This bank is horrible! They will give you random fees for no reason! Only thing good that I love was my banker! It's he was very funny and helpful. I even have him a nick name. The bank is also safe it has locked doors and great security! I just don't like the company!
Vicki M.
Vicki M.
Los Angeles , CA
I've been banking here for more than ten years. Any issues I have they always try to help me. The customer service is great. The only thing is that when I'm on the hunt for a bank and an ATM they are no where to be found.
Kirstin E.
Kirstin E.
Great customer service, easy to use app. My only problem with them has been the limited lobby hours.
Ola A.
Is this a good bank for College Student accounts?
Keonna B.
Keonna B.
Saint Louis, MO
Isn't there supposed to be a 5 day grace period before an overdraft is imposed? I find that Bank of America doesn't honor this even though it is in their terms & conditions. Has anyone experienced this?
Lisa V.
Lisa V.
Fort Gratiot, MI
Am I the only one that got overcharges because of Bank Of America fees?
Ola A.
Is there a minimum amount of money you have to have in your account? If so, what is it?
Lauren L.
Lauren L.
Erie, PA
How do you feel about BoA credit cards?