Bank of America uploaded by Mariana F.Bank of America uploaded by Stephanie B.Bank of America uploaded by Monique M.

BY BANK OF AMERICA #4 in Banks

Bank of America is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets.

Bank of America
  • "Although their customer service is friendly they often have to bounce me around to several people before I can have the problem resolved." in 79 reviews
  • "I have had Bank of America for about 11 years now, and to this day still have about 4 checking/savings accounts and a credit card with them, and my only gripe is that they have horrible inconvenient hours." in 35 reviews
  • "It's pretty simple signing up for an account with BoA, but there are a lot of hidden fees, loopholes and technicalities." in 23 reviews
  • "I ended up closing my account with them because they seemed to be trying to just squeeze money out of me just for having/using a debit card." in 18 reviews
  • "I've had Bank of America for about 5 years, at times I want to switch banks but the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the cash back rewards." in 16 reviews
Megan T.
Deerfield
Over all I have had good experiences with Bank of America. I have been using them for a bank for over 10 years and have only been disappointed with them when they have started to charge me fees for my accounts without warning me. To fix this I have had to go into a branch each time. Each time they have refunded the fees and worked with me to switch accounts to one without fees.
Alix A.
Tallahassee , FL
Again, the monthly maintenance fee should be waived for anyone with an account in good standing for 10+ years. I’ve had an account for probably close to 20 and if it wasn’t the most tedious thing ever to change banking information I’d probably have looked elsewhere because of their fees.

The app is great, I really love that feature!
Nancy D.
Cherry Hill
I’ve been with Bank of America for many years. I have a credit card that pays cash back on purchases. I also have a mortgage through BOA. I’ve been happy with that. I do all my banking there. Mostly online or on the app. Both work great. I will continue to bank there and recommend them!
Anna N.
Wylie, TX
I really like the bank company as it is very easy to find a close one near me, the customer service is great and caring to listen to my needs. What I don’t really like is that the fee are really high compared to other banks so you have to make sure you’re up to date with things
Ashley S.
Sacramento, CA
I had the WORST BofA experience. In general, they were nice and helpful. However, I tried to deposit $800 (my rent money so that I could write a rent check) into the atm. The atm took my money and then told me that I didn’t have enough funds to withdraw $800. Confused I called BofA since it was after hours and they accused me of not depositing money, but trying to withdraw money that wasn’t in my account. I explained the situation and they didn’t believe me but said they would put in a request to check that atm and get back to me in 2 weeks with their findings. Even after informing them that I can’t just leave that $800 in limbo for two weeks they said the atm had just had its maintenance check and doesn’t get another for two more weeks. I went into the bank the next day and they too accused me of lying and trying to commit fraud. This fraud charge immediately went on my credit report and I was unable to get a bank account from any other bank for 3 weeks while BofA investigated their faulty atm. This caused me so many issues and loss of my time in trying to get other banks to work with me, having to get money orders to pay my bills and the countless time talking through this with BofA. They did find my money in the atm and send me a letter and check stating that I was right and apologized, but that after the incident I was no longer wanted to bank with them for a period of idr 3 or 5 years. WHAT?! Luckily I got my money back but for them to continually accuse me and act so nasty once they put a wrong “fraud” on me and then to also say they no longer wanted my business when THEY were the ones in the wrong the entire time?? Wow. I’m forever done with Bank of America
Megan W.
Deer Park, WA
The best banking experience I have ever had. From the app, to online, to in person I have always been treated with respect and I have always felt they do whatever they can to help and keep customers. Great and modern atm and banking features.
Sarah L.
Austin
This is the only bank I’ve ever used. I am very aware of my accounts so I have never had overdraft fees which is the primary complaint I usually here for this company. The customer service is always available in person or over the phone.
Alexis D.
Derby, KS
I have had Bank of America my entire ~money making~ life. So it’s been like 5-6 years. They have always been friendly and helpful for the most part.... some fees are a little confusing and they have one for just about everything.
Misa K.
SEATTLE, WA
I’ve used B of A for a long time. They are a large corporate bank, pretty standard, nothing special. I like the flexibility to use branches across the U.S. and the world. The main reason I use them is easy branch and ATM access.
Cristina R.
Richmond
Bank of America has not been good to me. At first everything started out great. A checking account is free as long as you direct deposit a small amount into it each month. My biggest complaint about it is that there have been 4 different occasions where they’ve canceled my debit card and mailed me a new one without telling me so. So I’d be somewhere like out to dinner and my card would get declined, check my balance and see all my money, call the customer service hotline and the only answer they’d give me was there were a number of cards that got canceled and reissued. Without warning, though? Such an inconvenience.
Ola A.
Is this a good bank for College Student accounts?
Keonna B.
Saint Louis, MO
Isn't there supposed to be a 5 day grace period before an overdraft is imposed? I find that Bank of America doesn't honor this even though it is in their terms & conditions. Has anyone experienced this?
Lisa V.
Fort Gratiot, MI
Am I the only one that got overcharges because of Bank Of America fees?
Ola A.
Is there a minimum amount of money you have to have in your account? If so, what is it?
Lauren L.
Erie, PA
How do you feel about BoA credit cards?