Bank of America uploaded by Mariana F.Bank of America uploaded by Stephanie B.Bank of America uploaded by Monique M.

BY BANK OF AMERICA #5 in Banks

Bank of America is an American multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the second largest bank holding company in the United States by assets.

Bank of America
  • "Although their customer service is friendly they often have to bounce me around to several people before I can have the problem resolved." in 79 reviews
  • "I have had Bank of America for about 11 years now, and to this day still have about 4 checking/savings accounts and a credit card with them, and my only gripe is that they have horrible inconvenient hours." in 35 reviews
  • "It's pretty simple signing up for an account with BoA, but there are a lot of hidden fees, loopholes and technicalities." in 23 reviews
  • "I ended up closing my account with them because they seemed to be trying to just squeeze money out of me just for having/using a debit card." in 18 reviews
  • "I've had Bank of America for about 5 years, at times I want to switch banks but the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the cash back rewards." in 16 reviews
Ashley S.
Sacramento, CA
I had the WORST BofA experience. In general, they were nice and helpful. However, I tried to deposit $800 (my rent money so that I could write a rent check) into the atm. The atm took my money and then told me that I didn’t have enough funds to withdraw $800. Confused I called BofA since it was after hours and they accused me of not depositing money, but trying to withdraw money that wasn’t in my account. I explained the situation and they didn’t believe me but said they would put in a request to check that atm and get back to me in 2 weeks with their findings. Even after informing them that I can’t just leave that $800 in limbo for two weeks they said the atm had just had its maintenance check and doesn’t get another for two more weeks. I went into the bank the next day and they too accused me of lying and trying to commit fraud. This fraud charge immediately went on my credit report and I was unable to get a bank account from any other bank for 3 weeks while BofA investigated their faulty atm. This caused me so many issues and loss of my time in trying to get other banks to work with me, having to get money orders to pay my bills and the countless time talking through this with BofA. They did find my money in the atm and send me a letter and check stating that I was right and apologized, but that after the incident I was no longer wanted to bank with them for a period of idr 3 or 5 years. WHAT?! Luckily I got my money back but for them to continually accuse me and act so nasty once they put a wrong “fraud” on me and then to also say they no longer wanted my business when THEY were the ones in the wrong the entire time?? Wow. I’m forever done with Bank of America
Cristina R.
Richmond
Bank of America has not been good to me. At first everything started out great. A checking account is free as long as you direct deposit a small amount into it each month. My biggest complaint about it is that there have been 4 different occasions where they’ve canceled my debit card and mailed me a new one without telling me so. So I’d be somewhere like out to dinner and my card would get declined, check my balance and see all my money, call the customer service hotline and the only answer they’d give me was there were a number of cards that got canceled and reissued. Without warning, though? Such an inconvenience.
Kayla V.
Ponder
Customer service is mediocre. Where I live, there is only one bank in the whole town so it’s very inconvenient for everybody, because other than that there’s an ATM on the other side of town, therefore making banking that needs to be done in person very hard since everyone in the city is trying to go to this one place at the same time. They have pretty decent discounts for students (no monthly fees, etc) but other than that I’d recommend banking with someone else. BofA isn’t worth the hassle and honestly doesn’t care about their customers.
Tasha W.
Ashland
I am able to put a review on here because I use Bank of America to get my child support when ever I get it.  The wonderful thing about them is no matter the situation when I call I get the most respectful people to talk to.  There has been a few times within the past nine years of using them I accidentally over drafted my account and they were so nice and helped me out by taking the over draft fees so all I owed was my overdraft.  II have nothing bad to say about this company.
Erin N.
I used to struggle with Bank of America because I thought I wanted a credit union, but I have stuck with them for 14 years because of how easy they make everything. I even moved to a town that only has a Bank of America ATM, I still don’t feel like I am lacking anything. I love their app. It has become the gold standard for me in how to monitor my money. I tried a CITI Costco card, and I hate it. I feel so out of control, so I’m going to cancel and switch back to my Bank of America card.
Brittany S.
Salisbury
I have been a Bank of America user for at least 15 years and have been pleased with their customer service and features they have added over the years with their mobile app, etc. The only downfall is I moved and there isn’t one within a close vicinity. The ability to do mobile check deposit did help eliminate those woes, however.
Shelley P.
Plymouth, MI
I have been using this bank for years and no issues.  They are always very helpful and get issues resolved quick, but could use some training with their phone customer service reps.  They asked what state am I in -Miami?  Miami is a city.  MI is Michigan. So in my opinion, customer service reps need better training.  I need to trust you know what you are doing.  No other issues and recommend this bank.
allie. B.
Westfield MA
I love using Bank of America because they literally have branches all throughout the country. The mobile banking app allows paying bills, transferring/sending money, and following your budget easy as pie! The only thing that I would consider a con is the fee you have to pay when your account goes negative, as well as a minimum account balance fee. Other than those I really love doing my banking through Bank of America App
deleted d.
I’ve had an account with Bank of America for almost 5 years now and I’ve had nothing but positive experience with them and I’ll continue to stay with this bank. I would definitely recommend this bank for others especially for students because it doesn’t charge a monthly fee!
Caiden A.
Mesquite
Anytime I’ve had a problem with my account I have been able to call the customer service line or make an appointment and the problem is resolved quick and without any fuss. The only time I’ve had a problem was when they didn’t clarify a message better and I lost $76 that I couldn’t get back. Other than that, I haven’t ever really had a problem with the company or my accounts.
Ola A.
Is this a good bank for College Student accounts?
Keonna B.
Saint Louis, MO
Isn't there supposed to be a 5 day grace period before an overdraft is imposed? I find that Bank of America doesn't honor this even though it is in their terms & conditions. Has anyone experienced this?
Lisa V.
Fort Gratiot, MI
Am I the only one that got overcharges because of Bank Of America fees?
Ola A.
Is there a minimum amount of money you have to have in your account? If so, what is it?
Lauren L.
Erie, PA
How do you feel about BoA credit cards?