BY BANANA BOAT #15 in Self-Tanner

Self Adjusting Color® For a Natural-Looking Tan Streak-Free Oil-Free Quick-Drying Banana Boat® Summer Color™ Sunless Tanning Lotion with the Self Adjusting Color® formula lets you control the shade of your tan.  This lotion will allow you to get the deepest, richest tan that is achievable with your skin tone.  The more often you apply, the deeper your tan becomes.  After achieving your desired color, you can maintain your tan with less frequent applications for a natural-looking tan. The lotion is tinted so you can see where you ve applied it for a streak-free, sunless tan that dries quickly.  It is oil-free and enriched with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E.

• Where would I be able to buy this in stores?Banana Boat® Summer C...1 Answers
  • Does this product give a brown tan or an orange tan? That's the m...1 Answers
  • Will this leave me looking orange?1 Answers
Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion
  • "You have to make sure you really rub it on evenly and make sure it is dried before hopping in bed because you risk it getting blotchy." in 7 reviews
  • "this is one of the first self tanners that I ever used and I have to say over the years the formula has gotten better the smell isn't that great but it does leave a beautiful tan color. " in 6 reviews
  • "I like the product, though the color doesn't last very long so I would apply every other day; it does break down in pools and the ocean." in 3 reviews
Emily K.
Emily K.
Warren, MA
I have always been incredibly pasty white and never tan. I always burn and it never turns tan, just pinkish and goes back to white skin after. My college graduation is coming up, so I wanted to have some color on me for photos, etc. I originally tried another tanning lotion that my sister had purchased, and liked it, but didn't want to use it all on her. I went to Wal-Mart to check out the selection and ended up purchasing this because it was cheap and did not smell bad (like Jergens tanning lotion I have used before). I've applied three days in a row now and have to say it was well worth the money! It does not make me look orange (except for on my feet, but my own fault because I didn't moisturize enough around my ankles). It makes me look sun-kissed and definitely better than my usual pasty white self! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has incredibly pale skin like I do and wants a natural looking sun-kissed tan. This will not turn you super dark but gives me just enough color! Love it!
Dani C.
Dani C.
manhattan, KS
WOW. Is the biggest thing I can say. I use to tan in beds but have decided not to do that anymore since I do not want to risk skin cancer. This stuff works in 3 hours and within 5-6 I look like I have a very natural tan. Its not splotchy, as I put 3 nickel size dots on my forearm and rub around in circulation motion to make sure I get every spot. It has a bit of a smell only if you've sweated after using it (hehe whoops!) but honestly after I show, the tan is still there and there is 0 smell. My hands and feet don't get blotchy either. I only use it twice a week and look like I have a very natural tan. Hands down, the best and so cheap!
Nicolette G.
Nicolette G.
El Paso, TX
This really truly was a god send to me. The different tones on my body can be quite embarrassing since I wear more pants than shorts and short sleeves so I look like I have a farmers tan. I loved how this cream tinted my skin and it did it in only a matter of a week and the shade was beautiful. Now the downfall about this is that putting it on before bed can get your sheets to look a slight orangy and the smell can become a bore after awhile. But it is affordable and does the job and it moisturizes very well too. If ur lookong for a healthier way to get a tan then you could like this product too.. Good luck! Happy tanning!
Purr B.
Purr B.
Glen Burnie, MD
This tanner is amazing! I used to be like so many others who loved the dreaded tanning bed. But stopped for a few years because I became itchy in the beds for some reason. Don't know why! Anyways. I hadn't had a tan in yearrrrrrssss! Because I have had repetitive cancer. Well I'm telling you ...if you try this product you will love it! Why go to tanning beds? Get this! It's amazing! I I'm not going to try and get skin cancer now! So this is is my beach savior so I don't look like a ghost next to everyone at the beach while hiding away from the sun! Lol it's my perfect beach product! This and lots of spf! #beachbag
Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Victor, NY
I have this sunless tanner in the Deep Dark tan shade. Other than the Bare Minerals sunless tanner that has been discontinued, this is the only other one I've really had luck with, plus it's way more affordable. I have light/medium skin and this gives me the perfect level of bronze. I typically mix it in with my body lotion to get a more subtle buildable shade plus that helps with the smell (which yes it stinks but not nearly as bad as most others Ive tried) mixing it also pretty much eliminates any streaking or splotching problems. Great product!
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Campbell, CA
This is my go-to self tanner. Since the lotion is tinted you can easily see where it's been applied so you don't end up streaky. Tip- wash your hands really well after using so you don't end up with the "tell all dark fingers". With the nice tint you can easily go out in shorts as soon as it dries, no more having to wait over night for the color to develop. However, the color will develop as time goes on so wait a day or two before deciding to apply more. Great way to appear to have a base tan without having to go in a tanning bed.
Breann U.
Breann U.
Wayne, NE
Great Outdoors Expert
I just bought this product from Target and tried it for the first time today. I must say that I really like it. I would recommend the light/medium shade for anyone who is fair skinned. If you buy the deep dark color you will see streaks because of the color difference. I like the light/medium color because it is build-able and allows me to choose just how dark I want to be. It doesn't smell bad at all. It does smell vaguely like self-tanner but nothing like Jergens! It is a must try if you're looking for something easy and natural!
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Manhattan, KS
For the price this is perfect! I got the "deep dark" because I read that it's best to get some color because the others don't work as well. I'm pretty fair skinned and it worked perfectly! I was a first time user but will totally come back! As long as you rub it in well and be careful of knees/dry skin it doesn't look patchy or streaky at all! I just use my hands, and make sure I put regular lotion on knees/elbows and dry skin areas first to prevent patches and it works! It isn't Orange.
Lorrie C.
Lorrie C.
Lexington, KY
I have loved this bronzing lotion since I was in high school!....almost 13 years!
I never use it when I don't have a little of a tan. But as soon as, ehh at max a week (and that's stretching it). Then when you have a great base tan, USE IT!! I would suggest using it at night time...the lotion is tented; and I'm sure a lot of us women can agree that we don't want that on our clothes!
I recommend this to everyone of any age 16 years and older:)
ENJOY IT!!!
Let me know how you like it!!
Celine V.
Celine V.
I absolutely LOVE this self tanning lotion! It gets you super dark with only ONE application! It isn't streaky, but you might need someone to help you with it, especially if you're doing your back and shoulders! It doesn't have a disgusting smell like most self tanning lotions. I would definitely recommend to anyone who doesn't like going to tanning beds or getting spray tanned! It's only about $7 and it gives you a nice glow!
Becky C.
Becky C.
How do you distribute this evenly on your face and neck area to where it won't look funny.
Shay P.
Shay P.
Cave City, KY
How well does this work? in the winter i hate spending a lot of money on the tanning bed and i cant get a spray tan because it turns me orange. i haven't found a self tanning lotion that doesn't turn me orange (I didn't use a lot, get to the 3rd day and turn orange) i just need something for the winter!
Jade M.
Jade M.
Is the product easy to apply? I'm looking for something that is easy for someone who is unfamiliar with self tanning products. I want something that looks natural and not obviously fake.
Cierra D.
Cierra D.
Ottawa, ON
I love Banana Boat products but I haven't tried this yet. I was wondering if anyone knows if it smells bad? Most drug store self tanners smell the same... A very strong and gross smell. #help
Gabriella C.
Gabriella C.
Brooklyn, NY
Did this self tanner ever leave anyone looking orange? I have a olive skin tone color.