BY BANANA BOAT #19 in Self-Tanner

Self Adjusting Color® For a Natural-Looking Tan Streak-Free Oil-Free Quick-Drying Banana Boat® Summer Color™ Sunless Tanning Lotion with the Self Adjusting Color® formula lets you control the shade of your tan.  This lotion will allow you to get the deepest, richest tan that is achievable with your skin tone.  The more often you apply, the deeper your tan becomes.  After achieving your desired color, you can maintain your tan with less frequent applications for a natural-looking tan. The lotion is tinted so you can see where you ve applied it for a streak-free, sunless tan that dries quickly.  It is oil-free and enriched with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E.

• Where would I be able to buy this in stores?Banana Boat® Summer C...1 Answers
  • Does this product give a brown tan or an orange tan? That's the m...1 Answers
  • Will this leave me looking orange?1 Answers
Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion
  • "You have to make sure you really rub it on evenly and make sure it is dried before hopping in bed because you risk it getting blotchy." in 7 reviews
  • "this is one of the first self tanners that I ever used and I have to say over the years the formula has gotten better the smell isn't that great but it does leave a beautiful tan color. " in 6 reviews
  • "I like the product, though the color doesn't last very long so I would apply every other day; it does break down in pools and the ocean." in 3 reviews
Eve T.
Statesboro, GA
I used this very recently! I liked it I just need to be more careful around my ankles and feet next time! I also would like to get a lighter shade! Would definitely recommend to a friend! My roommates recommended to me! I used to use St. Tropez self tanner but that's literally like $50 and I'm a college student trying to ball on a budget
Jenna D.
Cherry Hill, NJ
This is one of my go to self Tanners. It doesn’t make me look orange and it gives you a super natural glow and doesn’t have an awful smell like so many other Tanners do.
Brisban R.
Allendale , MI
Great product but wish it smelled a little better. It gives me a quick tan but can sometimes have a little splotchiness. It was in between affordable and pricey but over all a good product to use when looking for a sunless tanner. I would buy again but consider all of my options.
Ashlee C.
Wellsville, KS
I normally like to use the FakeBake brand but I didn't want to make a trip to Ulta just for that. so I picked this one up from Walmart to try. I figured if I like it, it's cheaper and I can get it while grocery shopping. I like that this product has a tint, but when I was applying, I really couldn't see it. I don't know if it's just because it has a olive tone and I have fair olive skin? I do however like the soft lotion consistency of this product though. It feels good going on the skin. After application, my first thought was that I should have gotten the darker color. I'm not the kind of person that likes to reapply for a few nights to build to the color I want. I'd rather it be a little dark the first day and fade to a natural tan by the second. But when I woke up, it surprised me by how dark it made me. So definitely a plus in my mind. As far as the actual color it made me, I expect to be orange the day after self tanning. Every tanner I've tried it just happens. This one however never faded to a golden natural tan like others have. It stayed orange. It also was streaky on the underneath of my arms. I ended up doing my legs last and I think my arms touch them in certain spots when I was rubbing it in, making it splotchy. Lastly, it only lasted 3 days before I needed to reapply and it faded really splotchy. I always make sure to exfoliate before with a good body polish and moisturizer well after so it prevents that. All in all, it's okay if I'm in a pinch. But I would much rather just make the special trip to Ulta and pick up my other.
Courtney H.
Love this self tanner. I only use self tanner in the summer time personally I love being pale but it's always nice to change sometimes. Anyway, I wasn't spending a ton on tanner because I only use it three months out of the year. This was in my price range but I was a little worried because self tanner very easily turns me orange due to the fact that my skin tone is pretty much transparent 😂

Application was easy, WEAR GLOVES. Even if you wash your hands after it stained. Lol.

I turned BRIGHT ORANGE the first time I used it. I stupidly used this in the morning right before my day started. It was horrible.

The trick to this is apply it at night wait till it drys, fall asleep with it on when you wake up take a shower. All of the orange goes away and your left with an awesome tan.

Long story short if applied right it's awesome.

☺️💫
Caroline B.
Edmond
i have tried countless self tanners (competitive cheer calls for a strong tan and spray tans leave me orange and nasty) and this is always my favorite.  The scent isn't bad, obviously its self tanner but its not offensive in any way.  The color is good and I've never had a problem with streaking.   I have very fair skin and the deep dark color is what i use it.   Ive taken pictures next to girls who have tanned for months before school dances and my tan looked far more natural than theres and I now don't have as high of a risk for skin cancer as they do! Ha! Really highly suggest this! Worth every penny!
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
Great Outdoors Expert
Absolutely hated this self tanner unfortunately. I've tried quite a bit of different tanners for fun and ended up wasting this I put it on it looked great then it ended up looking like dirt all over my body it was breaking up all over my body and when I got in the pool days later i was so embarrassed I left because it looked like I had dirt on me head to toe never again! I would not recommend this product !!
Olivia H.
Orlando, FL
This is the first self tanner product I tried. At my store, there was only the Deep Dark color option, so I assumed it was my only option. It gave me a very nice glow, but for a slower process I would have used the lighter shade. I love that it is tinted so you can see where you put it. I had a few streaks, but I blame that more on lack of experience with self tanner, and less on the product itself. I will definitely continuing using this product to give me a nice tan without the sun damage!
Carolyn H.
This is a summer must have! I've used this product about once or twice so far and have loved it! It makes my skin glow, and it is never too dark. Also it does not spread splotchy which is amazing because I've tried some other tanning lotions and have gotten splotchy places all over me. But I recommend this! Very affordable and can find anywhere in stores.
April R.
Greenville, KY
No streaks if I'm careful and pay attention. I've got a Vaca coming up so this was perfect since I don't have time to go to the tanning bed. I've used it 3 times in the last 2 days. My already tanned skin is a bit darker, but the pale parts of me seem unphased so far. Those were the parts I was trying to tan so I'm a bit bummed by that. I'll keep using it until I run out but I think I'll try another brand next time.
Becky C.
How do you distribute this evenly on your face and neck area to where it won't look funny.
Shay P.
Cave City, KY
How well does this work? in the winter i hate spending a lot of money on the tanning bed and i cant get a spray tan because it turns me orange. i haven't found a self tanning lotion that doesn't turn me orange (I didn't use a lot, get to the 3rd day and turn orange) i just need something for the winter!
Jade M.
Tigard, OR
Great Outdoors Expert
Is the product easy to apply? I'm looking for something that is easy for someone who is unfamiliar with self tanning products. I want something that looks natural and not obviously fake.
Rebekah W.
Klamath Falls, OR
How does this smell? I had Jergens and it kinda has a weird smell. I'm looking for a tanning lotion that smells good.
Tammy C.
Wshngtn Ct Hs, OH
How is the color?? Leave you orange?? Look fake or good??