BY BANANA BOAT #17 in Self-Tanner

Self Adjusting Color® For a Natural-Looking Tan Streak-Free Oil-Free Quick-Drying Banana Boat® Summer Color™ Sunless Tanning Lotion with the Self Adjusting Color® formula lets you control the shade of your tan.  This lotion will allow you to get the deepest, richest tan that is achievable with your skin tone.  The more often you apply, the deeper your tan becomes.  After achieving your desired color, you can maintain your tan with less frequent applications for a natural-looking tan. The lotion is tinted so you can see where you ve applied it for a streak-free, sunless tan that dries quickly.  It is oil-free and enriched with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E.

• Where would I be able to buy this in stores?Banana Boat® Summer C...1 Answers
  • Does this product give a brown tan or an orange tan? That's the m...1 Answers
  • Will this leave me looking orange?1 Answers
Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion
  • "You have to make sure you really rub it on evenly and make sure it is dried before hopping in bed because you risk it getting blotchy." in 7 reviews
  • "this is one of the first self tanners that I ever used and I have to say over the years the formula has gotten better the smell isn't that great but it does leave a beautiful tan color. " in 6 reviews
  • "I like the product, though the color doesn't last very long so I would apply every other day; it does break down in pools and the ocean." in 3 reviews
Baylee A.
Campbellsville, Ky
My favorite self tanner product!!! I use this product every night before going to bed and before putting my makeup on. The only bad thing is that you have to make sure you rub it in really good but other then that it’s awesome! If you are looking for a way to get some color and don’t wanna go to the tanning bed then this is your product!
Jessica L.
Williamsville, NY
This is my favorite self tanner. I am very fair and this is one of the few self tanners that has never looked orange or fake on me, even when I've applied multiple layers. I most often apply it immediately after showering (and after shaving and exfoliating). I make sure to rub it in evenly around my wrists and ankles and not to go overboard and then wash my hands well immediately and I've never had streaks. The only possible downside is that if you sweat a lot, it might wear off slightly onto your clothing (I've noticed a very small amount of transfer on the inside of the fabric around the arm pits and neck when wearing white clothes).
Amanda J.
Little Rock, AR
My all time fave tanner! It is pigmented and lasts. It is easy to apply as well. It does have an odor but all fake tabs do. I just put it on before bed and wake up to a great color. I’m naturally really pale and I use deep dark. I love it!!
Jenna D.
Cherry Hill, NJ
This is one of my go to self Tanners. It doesn’t make me look orange and it gives you a super natural glow and doesn’t have an awful smell like so many other Tanners do.
Ashlee C.
Wellsville, KS
I normally like to use the FakeBake brand but I didn't want to make a trip to Ulta just for that. so I picked this one up from Walmart to try. I figured if I like it, it's cheaper and I can get it while grocery shopping. I like that this product has a tint, but when I was applying, I really couldn't see it. I don't know if it's just because it has a olive tone and I have fair olive skin? I do however like the soft lotion consistency of this product though. It feels good going on the skin. After application, my first thought was that I should have gotten the darker color. I'm not the kind of person that likes to reapply for a few nights to build to the color I want. I'd rather it be a little dark the first day and fade to a natural tan by the second. But when I woke up, it surprised me by how dark it made me. So definitely a plus in my mind. As far as the actual color it made me, I expect to be orange the day after self tanning. Every tanner I've tried it just happens. This one however never faded to a golden natural tan like others have. It stayed orange. It also was streaky on the underneath of my arms. I ended up doing my legs last and I think my arms touch them in certain spots when I was rubbing it in, making it splotchy. Lastly, it only lasted 3 days before I needed to reapply and it faded really splotchy. I always make sure to exfoliate before with a good body polish and moisturizer well after so it prevents that. All in all, it's okay if I'm in a pinch. But I would much rather just make the special trip to Ulta and pick up my other.
Caroline B.
i have tried countless self tanners (competitive cheer calls for a strong tan and spray tans leave me orange and nasty) and this is always my favorite.  The scent isn't bad, obviously its self tanner but its not offensive in any way.  The color is good and I've never had a problem with streaking.   I have very fair skin and the deep dark color is what i use it.   Ive taken pictures next to girls who have tanned for months before school dances and my tan looked far more natural than theres and I now don't have as high of a risk for skin cancer as they do! Ha! Really highly suggest this! Worth every penny!
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
Great Outdoors Expert Level 1
Absolutely hated this self tanner unfortunately. I've tried quite a bit of different tanners for fun and ended up wasting this I put it on it looked great then it ended up looking like dirt all over my body it was breaking up all over my body and when I got in the pool days later i was so embarrassed I left because it looked like I had dirt on me head to toe never again! I would not recommend this product !!
Carolyn H.
This is a summer must have! I've used this product about once or twice so far and have loved it! It makes my skin glow, and it is never too dark. Also it does not spread splotchy which is amazing because I've tried some other tanning lotions and have gotten splotchy places all over me. But I recommend this! Very affordable and can find anywhere in stores.
April R.
Greenville, KY
No streaks if I'm careful and pay attention. I've got a Vaca coming up so this was perfect since I don't have time to go to the tanning bed. I've used it 3 times in the last 2 days. My already tanned skin is a bit darker, but the pale parts of me seem unphased so far. Those were the parts I was trying to tan so I'm a bit bummed by that. I'll keep using it until I run out but I think I'll try another brand next time.
Cece M.
I really like this lotion! I'm a light skinned woman who wanted a little tan without being in the sun too long. I used this about a few times per week and it gave me a glow! It has a silky smooth texture and was easy to rinse off my hands (or use a plastic glove) would definitely buy this product again!!
Becky C.
How do you distribute this evenly on your face and neck area to where it won't look funny.
Shay P.
Cave City, KY
How well does this work? in the winter i hate spending a lot of money on the tanning bed and i cant get a spray tan because it turns me orange. i haven't found a self tanning lotion that doesn't turn me orange (I didn't use a lot, get to the 3rd day and turn orange) i just need something for the winter!
Jade M.
Tigard, OR
Great Outdoors Expert Level 1
Is the product easy to apply? I'm looking for something that is easy for someone who is unfamiliar with self tanning products. I want something that looks natural and not obviously fake.
Tammy C.
Wshngtn Ct Hs, OH
How is the color?? Leave you orange?? Look fake or good??
Rebekah W.
Klamath Falls, OR
How does this smell? I had Jergens and it kinda has a weird smell. I'm looking for a tanning lotion that smells good.