BY BANANA BOAT

Self Adjusting Color® For a Natural-Looking Tan Streak-Free Oil-Free Quick-Drying Banana Boat® Summer Color™ Sunless Tanning Lotion with the Self Adjusting Color® formula lets you control the shade of your tan.  This lotion will allow you to get the deepest, richest tan that is achievable with your skin tone.  The more often you apply, the deeper your tan becomes.  After achieving your desired color, you can maintain your tan with less frequent applications for a natural-looking tan. The lotion is tinted so you can see where you ve applied it for a streak-free, sunless tan that dries quickly.  It is oil-free and enriched with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E.

Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion
  • "You have to make sure you really rub it on evenly and make sure it is dried before hopping in bed because you risk it getting blotchy." in 7 reviews
  • "this is one of the first self tanners that I ever used and I have to say over the years the formula has gotten better the smell isn't that great but it does leave a beautiful tan color. " in 6 reviews
  • "I like the product, though the color doesn't last very long so I would apply every other day; it does break down in pools and the ocean." in 3 reviews
Meghan C.
Glendale, CA
First time (scared-as-hell) self tanner here! I’ve had this for 2 weeks and was so scared to try it in fear of turning orange, but i got some sun on vacation last week and decided it was a safe time to finally try it. I LOVE it! I was so excited to write a review, haha. I put it on after my shower and let it dry for 30 minutes before getting dressed. Didn’t stain my clothes or sheets or even my hands (just make sure to wash them). The next morning i had a really beautiful natural glow. It turned out really nice and no streaking at all. I got the Light/Medium to be safe and i was worried that with the suntan i had got that it may not be dark enough (I’m naturally darker complected) bit it was perfect and looked great over my natural tan. I’m super excited to keep using this all year long! I also picked up the Jergens Gradual Tanning Lotion too so I think I’m going to use that in between applications if this. And now that I’m not scared of sunless tanning i have a whole world of products out there to try out! Highly recommend. For a drugstore product this was an 11/10 for me!
Emily R.
Monmouth, OR
Pretty disappointed.

I read several reviews after buying this product about how the company changed the formula to a white cream that goes on clear rather than a tinted lotion and how that was much easier to apply. I did not have this issue.

The color and application was easy. Have a nice tint quickly but I did have to do multiple applications. But it gets EVERYWHERE even days after. If you sweat it gets on your pants and sheets. It was awful. It does not suggest that you should shower it off or anything of the sort.
Christina F.
Pittsburgh, PA
Tried this self-tanner this year.  First off, put on evenly and let it dry before dressing.  Make sure to wash your hands after application since it does stain your hands.  Color comes out good.  Do not use on feet or around ankles or elbows (not a good look).  I began by using every day for four days then every other day.  I put it on after my shower before bed to have a nice glow the next day.  I have used it on my face just watch around your eyes and forehead.
Maddie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
I had never self-tanned before and this was my first tanning product!  I absolutely love this product!  I am extremely pale and have a hard time tanning in general.  It is extremely affordable and I use it all the time now.  The only thing about this product is that you have to really rub it in but other than that it is amazing!  The tan looks very natural and I barely see any streaks.  For a drugstore brand this product works wonders.  I would highly recommend it!
Sarah N.
Traverse City
So I used to really love this product, it was my favorite self tanner by far and it’s super affordable, BUT they recently came out with a new one and discontinued the other one and it’s now dye free, which is great, but you can’t see where you are putting the lotion, so sometimes you come out a little streaky. I have a harder time reaching for this item now, because summer is right around the corner and you definitely don’t want to look streaky!
Amanda J.
Little Rock, AR
My all time fave tanner! It is pigmented and lasts. It is easy to apply as well. It does have an odor but all fake tabs do. I just put it on before bed and wake up to a great color. I’m naturally really pale and I use deep dark. I love it!!
Betty W.
Coral Gables, FL
I usually use jergens but decided to switch to this. I'm glad I did! The tan appears fast and looks much more natural. I also hated how jergens smells but this one smells great!
I'm a natural redhead with very fair skin self tanner usually looks orange on me but this looked natural. Definitely recommend!
Heather Pauline k.
denver
have been using this product for over a year now. It has worked very well for me, plus it doesn't rub off on your clothes as long as you give it 15-20 min to dry. As long as you rub it in very well it won't come out streaky, and if you apply it to your knees, elbows, ankle, or face use it very sparingly or mix it with regular lotions to prevent orangeyness. Also if you have light colored skin defiantly DONT think about getting the dark lotion instead of the medium one to get a darker tan. My friend decided to do this and her whole body turned an ugly dark orange color.
Sara M.
Vernon Hills, IL
Personally, I love this one. I think I picked one from the cheapest tined lotion, so the price is not high. It gives skin a nice sunny color and looks natural, you are not like orange after that so I think it’s great. I will buy it again.
Regan L.
Iowa City, IA
I LOVE this product. I have tried many types and this is the best one I have. It works right away. I dont have to wait and use it for multiple days before I see results. It is completely affordable. A little bit goes a long way. I am never disappointed by the way I look after using it. It dries quickly and does not rub off on my clothes, sheets, or towels. I never have streaks and it lasts multiple days, there is no need to reapply every single day.
Becky C.
How do you distribute this evenly on your face and neck area to where it won't look funny.
Shay P.
Cave City, KY
How well does this work? in the winter i hate spending a lot of money on the tanning bed and i cant get a spray tan because it turns me orange. i haven't found a self tanning lotion that doesn't turn me orange (I didn't use a lot, get to the 3rd day and turn orange) i just need something for the winter!
Jade M.
Tigard, OR
Great Outdoors Expert Level 1
Is the product easy to apply? I'm looking for something that is easy for someone who is unfamiliar with self tanning products. I want something that looks natural and not obviously fake.
Tammy C.
Wshngtn Ct Hs, OH
How is the color?? Leave you orange?? Look fake or good??
Rebekah W.
Woodland, CA
How does this smell? I had Jergens and it kinda has a weird smell. I'm looking for a tanning lotion that smells good.

Walmart