BY BANANA BOAT #10 in Self-Tanner

Self Adjusting Color® For a Natural-Looking Tan Streak-Free Oil-Free Quick-Drying Banana Boat® Summer Color™ Sunless Tanning Lotion with the Self Adjusting Color® formula lets you control the shade of your tan.  This lotion will allow you to get the deepest, richest tan that is achievable with your skin tone.  The more often you apply, the deeper your tan becomes.  After achieving your desired color, you can maintain your tan with less frequent applications for a natural-looking tan. The lotion is tinted so you can see where you ve applied it for a streak-free, sunless tan that dries quickly.  It is oil-free and enriched with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E.

Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Tinted Lotion
  • "You have to make sure you really rub it on evenly and make sure it is dried before hopping in bed because you risk it getting blotchy." in 7 reviews
  • "this is one of the first self tanners that I ever used and I have to say over the years the formula has gotten better the smell isn't that great but it does leave a beautiful tan color. " in 6 reviews
  • "I like the product, though the color doesn't last very long so I would apply every other day; it does break down in pools and the ocean." in 3 reviews
Christina F.
Pittsburgh, PA
Tried this self-tanner this year.  First off, put on evenly and let it dry before dressing.  Make sure to wash your hands after application since it does stain your hands.  Color comes out good.  Do not use on feet or around ankles or elbows (not a good look).  I began by using every day for four days then every other day.  I put it on after my shower before bed to have a nice glow the next day.  I have used it on my face just watch around your eyes and forehead.
Maddie M.
Mount Laurel, NJ
I had never self-tanned before and this was my first tanning product!  I absolutely love this product!  I am extremely pale and have a hard time tanning in general.  It is extremely affordable and I use it all the time now.  The only thing about this product is that you have to really rub it in but other than that it is amazing!  The tan looks very natural and I barely see any streaks.  For a drugstore brand this product works wonders.  I would highly recommend it!
Regan L.
Iowa City, IA
I LOVE this product. I have tried many types and this is the best one I have. It works right away. I dont have to wait and use it for multiple days before I see results. It is completely affordable. A little bit goes a long way. I am never disappointed by the way I look after using it. It dries quickly and does not rub off on my clothes, sheets, or towels. I never have streaks and it lasts multiple days, there is no need to reapply every single day.
Renee H.
Flint
Super affordable! No chemical smell, goes on very smooth. Be sure to rub in VERY WELL and mix with other lotion for feet, ankles, toes, and elbows so you do not end up looking dirty!!!! Exfoliate and moisturize BEFORE applying. Nice bronze color takes a few hours to appear. Self tanners have come so far from the orange carrot days for sure! Very fair skinned Irish girl with freckles, back in the day any sunless tanner immediately turned me orange.
Baylee A.
Campbellsville, Ky
My favorite self tanner product!!! I use this product every night before going to bed and before putting my makeup on. The only bad thing is that you have to make sure you rub it in really good but other then that it’s awesome! If you are looking for a way to get some color and don’t wanna go to the tanning bed then this is your product!
Jessica L.
Williamsville, NY
This is my favorite self tanner. I am very fair and this is one of the few self tanners that has never looked orange or fake on me, even when I've applied multiple layers. I most often apply it immediately after showering (and after shaving and exfoliating). I make sure to rub it in evenly around my wrists and ankles and not to go overboard and then wash my hands well immediately and I've never had streaks. The only possible downside is that if you sweat a lot, it might wear off slightly onto your clothing (I've noticed a very small amount of transfer on the inside of the fabric around the arm pits and neck when wearing white clothes).
Amanda J.
Little Rock, AR
My all time fave tanner! It is pigmented and lasts. It is easy to apply as well. It does have an odor but all fake tabs do. I just put it on before bed and wake up to a great color. I’m naturally really pale and I use deep dark. I love it!!
Betty W.
Coral Gables, FL
I usually use jergens but decided to switch to this. I'm glad I did! The tan appears fast and looks much more natural. I also hated how jergens smells but this one smells great!
I'm a natural redhead with very fair skin self tanner usually looks orange on me but this looked natural. Definitely recommend!
Heather Pauline k.
denver
have been using this product for over a year now. It has worked very well for me, plus it doesn't rub off on your clothes as long as you give it 15-20 min to dry. As long as you rub it in very well it won't come out streaky, and if you apply it to your knees, elbows, ankle, or face use it very sparingly or mix it with regular lotions to prevent orangeyness. Also if you have light colored skin defiantly DONT think about getting the dark lotion instead of the medium one to get a darker tan. My friend decided to do this and her whole body turned an ugly dark orange color.
Amanda C.
Trabuco Canyon , CA
This product is sooo good! I use the Deep Dark Color and I am never disappointed with how it turns out. It is so easy to apply and dries fairly quick. I have white bed sheets and there hasn't been any color transfer, which is a big plus. Also, I find it's best to apply after I shave and shower, that way there's a fresh, clean slate for it to work its tanning magic. Definitely recommended for anybody tired of getting spray tan ALLLLLLLLL over the bathroom!!
Becky C.
How do you distribute this evenly on your face and neck area to where it won't look funny.
Shay P.
Cave City, KY
How well does this work? in the winter i hate spending a lot of money on the tanning bed and i cant get a spray tan because it turns me orange. i haven't found a self tanning lotion that doesn't turn me orange (I didn't use a lot, get to the 3rd day and turn orange) i just need something for the winter!
Jade M.
Portland, OR
Great Outdoors Expert Level 1
Is the product easy to apply? I'm looking for something that is easy for someone who is unfamiliar with self tanning products. I want something that looks natural and not obviously fake.
Tammy C.
Wshngtn Ct Hs, OH
How is the color?? Leave you orange?? Look fake or good??
Rebekah W.
Klamath Falls, OR
How does this smell? I had Jergens and it kinda has a weird smell. I'm looking for a tanning lotion that smells good.