BY BANANA BOAT #83 in Self-Tanner

Airbrush Color - Lasts up to 7 Days, Advanced Fragrance Technology For All Skin Tones Banana Boat® Summer Color™ Airbrush Self-Tanning Mist makes streak-free self-tanning quick and easy.  The light mist spray lets you get those hard to reach places and our Advanced Fragrance Technology provides a fresh citrus fragrance while neutralizing the odor of sunless tanning.  Time Release Color™ technology provides a more natural-looking tan that lasts up to 7 days.  The quick-drying spray is oil-free and enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E. Questions or Comments? 1-800-SAFESUN. see more...

• Can I use this on my face?1 Answers
  • Has anyone else got a splotchy tan from this?3 Answers
  • I am a huge fan of banana boat products. This one I haven't used....6 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
  • "Soo when I went to target to pick up a new self tanner I was attracted to this because it is by banana boat and it is very affordable." in 2 reviews
  • "This gives you a medium level tan and it can go a bit orange if you are very fair with pin k undertones." in 1 review
  • "I have very pale skin and I expected to be orange as usual, but it gave me a nice tan!." in 1 review
  • "This is an OK product it has a better smell than most self tan products and it does spray evenly color lasts a while I would recommend using this between professional spray tans to save money I will probably buy this agathis again" in 1 review
Shayna K.
Lincoln, CA
This is actually a great self tanner! I’ve tried lotions before and was really nervous to try this as my first spray. It was very easy to use. The smell is not too strong but definitely be in a well ventilated place. Do not spray too much on the first go that way you can build up to the color you want. It is a little orangey but it’s not too bad. Definitely also use lotion on your knees, elbows and ankles and wash your hands after.
Amy S.
Ashland, KY
I can't say enough good things about this product! It's buildable and it doesn't smell awful immediately. I didn't turn orange like many others have said they did. I used 3 nights in a row and loved the turn out! You will wake up smelling the spray tan smell but I shower in the mornings anyway so I didn't care. It stayed on me and not on my sheets. I will continue to use this product all summer because I do not use tanning beds and I don't go out in the sun without sunblock because of family skin cancer problems. I personally loved this product and will buy more!  Banana Boat Self-Tanning Spray - Airbrush Summer Color for All Skin Tones
Kori M.
Macon, GA
One of my favorite sunless tanners. Spray goes on great for hard reach areas. Nozzle also has a good, clean spray versus ones that sputter and leave spots. Color develops quickly and is a great bronze color, not orange like some I've used. Only reason I'd give 4 stars instead of 5 is because the smell isn't that great but it does go away pretty quickly! I also like how low maintenance this tanner is. I spray it on after the shower without exfoliating or prepping like some tanners require. For the price this product is great!
Wendy C.
Great Outdoors Expert Level 2
My review from iamtan from 2013 when I used this.

*Scent-Orange citrus

*DHA scent kicks after a few hours but isn't bad....(DHA is the 7th ingredient)

*Sprays on clear and in a light mist.

So I haven't tanned in a week due to me being lazy lol but I have been using this....I mainly got it to even out my sides and also have been using it all over (except my face)

The scent is really nice and light! I will say tho every time I sprayed myself or had my husband spray me this stuff sprays on cold lol but besides that it goes on nice and have had no issues with the areosol spray clogging.

After the spray is on it dries pretty quickly wich is great and I noticed in some areas it would feel a little sticky but it was no big deal. Also if you have dry skin that is not moisturized the dry spots will absorb up the DHA and look a little orange (I had a little of that near my under arms the first 2x I used it).....After my sides got sprayed tho I'd rub it in to make sure I had no splotchyness. Another plus is that it seems to be pretty tansfer resistant,I didn't see any come off onto my cothes....just remember if you get it on your hands to wash them.

Overall I'm really enjoying this spray a lot!!! I had no orangies going on and this evened out my sides by the 3rd time I used it. The color developes really well,on me I noticed a difference color wise after 2hrs of spraying it on.

During my week of not tanning I used it all over my body and it gave me really nice natural brown color and deepend my exisisting tan. I had no splotchyness or streaking at all wich was great!

I got this at Target for $5 just to test out before I get one of the pricey ones and I'm glad I did!! I would highly recommend this!!

5/5 stars

Lydia D.
Lacey, WA
I have given this a try and I really enjoyed it. One thing to be careful of is make sure you rub in the product after applying it. It claims that it applies evenly but I did have some splotches in areas I forgot to rub in. However, it gave me a nice natural glow and didn't have an orange fake tan look. I would recommend this and I continue to use this. It would be a nice thing to have during winter months.
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
Great Outdoors Expert Level 1
This wasn't bad as far as applying and lasting long but again I tried many self tanners looking for the deep olive tan and this one was pretty orange on me vs the tan I'm looking for I probably would not buy it again but overall it wasn't bad. Affordable and easy to apply
Tiffany J.
Ringgold, GA
This is definitely the most affordable self tanner I've used! It is good value for the color. I was impressed by the color I got post shower. I tanned the night before work and wasn't able to shower. It was just too bright for my liking. Once showered, The color was beautiful. I really enjoyed the fact that it was a mist. I did two passes, The second after the first was dry. I was extremely pale and now I have good color. The only problem was that for some reason it didn't stick to my legs and they are extremely splotchy! I literally have only sections that are tanned. I've had to wear pants this whole week. My arms, I am extremely impressed with though! I am definitely going to try again and see if there is something I can do to better the tan for my legs. Overall it was a great product that I'll buy again! It delivers natural looking tan!
Kyla H.
Oklahoma city, OK
I use this on my face instead of the lotion and I love it! It has yet to break my face out and sprays out nice and evenly. It has a really good smell and leave a nice natural looking glow to my face
Alicia W.
Fuquay Varina , NC
I was curious to try this because I was looking for a cheaper self tanner. I liked the scent, although I'd recommend applying in an airy location. This was an easy application and the price was nice. However, waking up the next morning, my skin was orange. It also seemed to dry a little streaky, and became more intense if clothes/hair ties/etc. we're also on at same time (see attached picture - thick orange bands on wrist from hair tie)
Laura J.
Winter Park, FL
Soo when I went to target to pick up a new self tanner I was attracted to this because it is by banana boat and it is very affordable. I went home and exfoliated and what not and proceded to spray this all over for a great tan. It comes out clear which is kinda difficult to see where you have sprayed yourself. The smell was citrus_y but still chemically as well. It did spray evenly. I waited for my tan to dry then I was off to bed. The next morning I woke up ORANGE! I was the color of a basketball! I am not fair I have more of a natual tan but this was insane. But let me tell you when the can says it lasts for 7 days, they are not kidding! I was so upset I even emailed the company
Sierra I.
Dulles, VA
I am a huge fan of banana boat products. This one I haven't used. Is it easy to get a no streak look? Every self tanner I have tried makes me look a mess. Thanks!
Gabrielle B.
Has anyone else got a splotchy tan from this?
Brittany W.
Can I use this on my face?