BY BANANA BOAT #8 in Tanning Oil

Look like summer all year round. Get golden brown with this tinted lotion. Slather it on without worry – it’s streak-free and dries in minutes. ts Self Adjusting Color Formula lets you control the shade of your luscious tan.

FEATURES & BENEFITS
  • Streak-free
  • Quick-drying
  • 6oz. tube

Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion
  • "This is my favorite self-tanner!! And I've tried tons! I'm very fair skinned and this gives me a tan without making me look orange or unnatural. It lasts about three to four days on me and it can easily be scrubbed off if it becomes splotchy. I get a lot of people commenting on how tan I look when I wear this and nobody can ever tell its not a real tan. As much as I try to embrace my pale skin I love the confidence that this self-tanner gives me! " in 17 reviews
Kendall K.
Indiana
I have a light/medium skin tone. I tan pretty easily in the summer, but since I live in Indiana, I don’t see much sun for a good portion of the year. So when the weather starts getting warmer in spring, I feel much better having a little bit of color. I bought a bottle of the banana boat tanning lotion late last summer. I would shower in the evening and exfoliate my skin with a body scrub. Then I applied the lotion like it says to in the direction. I blended it in as well as a can, taking time to distribute the product evenly as possible. I let it dry for a few minutes before putting clothes on (and the clothes I do put on are ones I don’t mind getting self-tanner on). Lastly, I go to sleep and let the color soak in over night. The next morning, I rinse off to reveal a nice, healthy-looking tan!

This stuff is great for the price. I really like the color it gives me and it doesn’t look that splotchy when it fades. I will say that application can be a little tricky; as careful as I am, I have left myself with some pretty awkward looking streaks of color before. I also have to wash my hands well, especially between my fingers where it can look a little orange.

My biggest complaint about the product is the smell. It’s fine when you first apply it, but the BH stink is pretty strong once the product sits on your skin for a while. It’s really hard for me to get over, to the point where sometimes I have a hard time falling asleep after putting it on at night because the smell is so distracting. I know that most self-tanning products have the smell and it does fade over time. But still... it’s the main reason this product doesn’t get 5 stars from me.

If you’re on a budget and want a nice, natural-looking tan, this is a great product to try! I hate the smell, but I know a lot of people tolerate it just fine. I definitely recommend it!
Skyela H.
Washington, IN
This stuff is everythinggggg. This has been my go to self tanner since high school... so for like five years lol. It always creates a dark even tan on myself and I get to rub it in to make sure I get it on how I like it. It looks like such a beautiful golden color. I love this so much best tan I’ve ever used!
Autumn S.
Riverside, CA
This sunless tanning lotion works so well! If you want to see instant results after one use, I highly recommend this! My only issue with it is it doesn’t last very long. I suggest making sure to keep your skin extra moisturized to length the tan and apply at least every few days! Definite go to when you want to look sun kissed in the winter! 😉
Teresa T.
Bristol
My favorite go to self tanner! I use the deep dark formula. Only thing is I wish it was available in more stores like CVS and Walgreens. I can only find it at Walmart. It never makes me streak and I end up with a nice tan color. Never get a orange ugly color from it like other self tanners I have tried in the past.
Laura H.
Daphne, AL
Ladies looking for a quick, healthy-looking glow can trust this affordable Banana Boat buy. The lotion "absorbs quickly," isn't greasy and doesn't streak, according to reviewers. "It gives a nice, natural color," says one reviewer, who also says it is the "least stinky" of the self-tanners she's tried.
Olivia P.
Colorado Springs
This is amazing you can go from being your original color to extremely bronze and tan. At times it gets a little bit streaky which is difficult to get off with a lot of scrubbing. It is very affordable compared to some of the other self Tanners I have tried I would recommend
Rosemarie R.
I really enjoy this product. I just bought it about a week ago, and I'm pretty impressed. So far I have not had any streaking, blotchy-ness or any orange coloration. The ONLY bad thing that I would say about it is the smell is not very pleasing. It smells like your average spray tan. Also, it did rub off on my sheets at night which I didn't like. Other than that, the color is beautiful and its really affordable. I believe i got it for like $6 at walmart!
Marhia A.
Statesboro, GA
I am very fair, and cannot artificially tan (tanning beds) and don't care much for outdoor tanning either. Self tanning is my cup of tea, and this stuff rocks! It's easy to apply, doesn't leave any streaks, and isn't orange. Such great quality for such a great price!

Advice: exfoliate and apply a basic moisturizer to drier areas, like your elbows, hands, feet, and knees, or it will cling to those dry patches and make it look orange! It also does have a weird smell, but I don't mind it!
Michelle J.
Onsted, MI
I wondered about this as I’m usually pretty skeptical of self tanning lotions. This was on super sale one day at our local store so I decided to give it a go. I was impressed after just the first use. I don’t think it smells terrible but it does have that self tanner smell after a few uses. It was easy to apply and the color did last for a while.
Rachel G.
Jefferson
This is a great safe product to use when you want or need a glowing tan. I used this to make my tan darker. This product actually works great compared to other self tanners. This doesn't leave such a orange tint. Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion
Astry V.
Hicksville , NY
Hello I'm a first timer when it comes to self tanning . I never tried it before and I'm trying to find the best self tanner that I can find in drug store before moving to an advance product . My skin is caramel olive color and I want to find a product that will help me get a bit tanner than what I am So it can give me a bit of glow and probably help take away some imperfections that i don't like. How long does this tanner stay on? Is it easy to apply ? Do it dry fast? Do you gradually get darker? And how many times would I have to use it to get a bit darker ? Anything that you guys can help me with I'll be grateful thank you .... Also I do workout a lot would this make my self tanner look weird if I was to sweat ?
Sumaiya S.
Is this product expensive? If so, how much will this cost? And where canI find this product? Also, is it worth getting?
Elizabeth R.
How do you apply this product? Banana Boat Summer Color Self-Tanning Lotion
Melissa R.
Montreal, WY
Does anyone know where I can buy this in Canada? (Montreal preferably)
Adeline L.
If you have pale skin, is this product effective or would it be better using the medium color? Also, has this product ever made your skin peel? That has happened to me with the Jergen's natural glow daily moisturizer.

Kohl's