BY BANANA BOAT

Banana boat® sport performance™ sunblock is especially designed to provide advanced sun protection for active lifestyles. This ultra sweatproof, light feel lotion is formulated with patented avotriplex™ technology for photostable, high UVA/UVB protection that won't break down under the sun, so it works as hard as you play! Retains SPF up to 80 minutes of activity in water or sweating. see more...

• How often do I have to re-apply this? Is it waterproof?1 Answers
  • Does it still have that banana boat smell? Like it did years ago.3 Answers
Raynita V.
I went on vacation a few months ago and this Banana Boat sunblock came in soooo handy. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and sticky like some other ones do. It does take some work to rub it into my skin but it didn't feel like I had anything extra on my skin. The only thing I didn't really like about it was that when I use it on my face it changes my skin color a bit to a greyish color. So i adjusted the amount i was using on my face. I would use it again.
Jazmin R.
San Pedro, CA
This sunblock is pretty light compared to other heavier sunblocks which can make you greasy. The smell isn't too loud either, which is always great with sunblock. The spf on this product is strong and sufficiently protects against the sun if applied once every 2-3 hours (which is how it should be used). Would recommend this to anyone looking for a sunblock!
Sara W.
I buy this every summer. I go through it a lot because I have a summer job where I work outside 8-10 hours a day. I put it on before I leave for work, once I get to work, and before we head out to work. Then I re apply it after lunch. I do not burn and it hold up with me sweating a lot. But I get a great tan!!!! 😃 I love this brand and will not use any other brand. My work buys an off brand and people burn with it. And I am glad I buy this and use my own!
Adeline S.
Salem, OR
I prefer higher SPF, but by any chance does banana boat maked higher SPF?
Im alway for bargain or cheap deals, in grocery stores or drug store they always have sales for this brand. High five to that! But, the things i don't like about this product that there is burning sensation happening whenever I apply this product in my face. And, I still get sunburn. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
Melanie D.
Okay-this sounds crazy but my favorite thing about this sunblock it the color of the packaging. (I know, crazy, right!?!) think about it though...
At the beach (pool, wherever...) do you end up digging around in your bag for 10 minutes trying to find the tube of sunblock?
This tube is bright orange. It makes it so much easier to find.
BTW, seems to do great as sunblock too
Julie M.
Hillside, NJ
I use this on my kids who are 2 and 10 months and it works great I can know they will not burn in the sun I reapply it only twice and that's for a whole day it's a spf 50 so it's amazing and it's only $8 can't beat it I know my kids and my husband (who burns in 2 minutes) can stay out in the pool and I have no need to worry thank you banana boat
Julie s.
Blue Springs, MO
This is my go to sunscreen. It has a high spf so protection is not an issue. I use this when i go to the beach, or waterpark. Its waterproof and sweatproof. It doesnt have a bad odor. It smells fresh. Its not greasy, and its easily absorbed. I reapply after a few hours if ive been in the water alot. Ive never been burned using this so I recommend this for everyone who loves the water like I do.
Melissa M.
Gainesville, FL
Real talk: I'm pale and I prefer to keep my skin that way! This sunscreen sticks around even after I take a few dips in the pool and makes sure that I don't burn on cloudless Florida days. The smell can be a little strong but it's sweet, would definitely recommend to my pale sisters.
Faiza M.
Seaford, NY
I think every person I've ever gone to the beach with pulls this sunscreen out of their beach bag. Definitely a must to have! I got it from a local drugstore and it does exactly what it's supposed to.. shield me from the sun! It's lightweight and stays on for a long time.
Anna F.
I was impressed with banana boat overall. It was really think which is good for coverage but takes time to rub in so it's not all white on skin. I've used it the whole season and still have plenty left over and I have used it probably 3-4 days a week for 3-4 months. I did not try on my face but works good on body.
Amanda L.
Atlantic City, NJ
Does it still have that banana boat smell? Like it did years ago.
Souad J.
Dearborn, MI
How often do I have to re-apply this? Is it waterproof?