BY BANANA BOAT

Banana boat® sport performance™ sunblock is especially designed to provide advanced sun protection for active lifestyles. This ultra sweatproof, light feel lotion is formulated with patented avotriplex™ technology for photostable, high UVA/UVB protection that won't break down under the sun, so it works as hard as you play! Retains SPF up to 80 minutes of activity in water or sweating. see more...

• How often do I have to re-apply this? Is it waterproof?1 Answers
  • Does it still have that banana boat smell? Like it did years ago.3 Answers
Emily E.
Emily E.
Lincoln, NE
Banana Boat Sport Performance is a great product from a brand I can trust. Sunscreen and protecting your skin is SO important that I'd rather not leave it up to a brand that I don't know or trust. When putting this sunscreen on, it goes on nice and thick, so I can easily see where I've applied and I never end up with the streaks or missing patches that you sometimes get with the spray cans! The product lasts for hours, and I rarely have to reapply, even after working out. I highly recommend it!
Raynita V.
Raynita V.
I went on vacation a few months ago and this Banana Boat sunblock came in soooo handy. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy and sticky like some other ones do. It does take some work to rub it into my skin but it didn't feel like I had anything extra on my skin. The only thing I didn't really like about it was that when I use it on my face it changes my skin color a bit to a greyish color. So i adjusted the amount i was using on my face. I would use it again.
Sara W.
Sara W.
I buy this every summer. I go through it a lot because I have a summer job where I work outside 8-10 hours a day. I put it on before I leave for work, once I get to work, and before we head out to work. Then I re apply it after lunch. I do not burn and it hold up with me sweating a lot. But I get a great tan!!!! 😃 I love this brand and will not use any other brand. My work buys an off brand and people burn with it. And I am glad I buy this and use my own!
Adeline S.
Adeline S.
Salem, OR
I prefer higher SPF, but by any chance does banana boat maked higher SPF?
Im alway for bargain or cheap deals, in grocery stores or drug store they always have sales for this brand. High five to that! But, the things i don't like about this product that there is burning sensation happening whenever I apply this product in my face. And, I still get sunburn. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
Melanie D.
Melanie D.
Okay-this sounds crazy but my favorite thing about this sunblock it the color of the packaging. (I know, crazy, right!?!) think about it though...
At the beach (pool, wherever...) do you end up digging around in your bag for 10 minutes trying to find the tube of sunblock?
This tube is bright orange. It makes it so much easier to find.
BTW, seems to do great as sunblock too
Jazmin R.
Jazmin R.
San Pedro, CA
This sunblock is pretty light compared to other heavier sunblocks which can make you greasy. The smell isn't too loud either, which is always great with sunblock. The spf on this product is strong and sufficiently protects against the sun if applied once every 2-3 hours (which is how it should be used). Would recommend this to anyone looking for a sunblock!
Julie M.
Julie M.
Hillside, NJ
I use this on my kids who are 2 and 10 months and it works great I can know they will not burn in the sun I reapply it only twice and that's for a whole day it's a spf 50 so it's amazing and it's only $8 can't beat it I know my kids and my husband (who burns in 2 minutes) can stay out in the pool and I have no need to worry thank you banana boat
Anna F.
Anna F.
I was impressed with banana boat overall. It was really think which is good for coverage but takes time to rub in so it's not all white on skin. I've used it the whole season and still have plenty left over and I have used it probably 3-4 days a week for 3-4 months. I did not try on my face but works good on body.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Decatur, IL
Used this for my everyday outside, and it protects great! I use the sport style since I'm usually working out in the yard and working up a sweat, but this sticks with and protects my skin (although it never hurts to reapply occasionally!). I even wore this on vacation in the Caribbean; not a sunburn in sight!
Lance S.
Lance S.
Lakewood, WA
Definitely effective. Everybody's skin is different but for me, this product allowed a nice light tan to take place but prevented me from burning. After a few minutes of that kind of greasy feeling, it absorb into my skin and I couldn't feel it anymore. Quite thankful for that, I don't like that oily feeling
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Atlantic City, NJ
Does it still have that banana boat smell? Like it did years ago.
Souad J.
Souad J.
Dearborn, MI
How often do I have to re-apply this? Is it waterproof?