BY BANANA BOAT #1 in Tanning Oil

Infused with cocoa seed butter, banana fruit extract, and carrot root extract – plus coconut oil – it smells as good as it feels going on. For deep color, apply generously before getting out in the sun.

Product Features and Benefits:

• Available in SPF 0 and 4
  • Water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
  • Leaves skin feeling silky smooth
  • 8oz. spray bottle

• Will this look super dark/fake on lighter skin?3 Answers
  • Im super white and have trouble tanning would this produc...42 Answers
  • Does this work well??? Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil2 Answers
Reviews (2006)
Buy on Amazon*
  • "Best stuff to use when trying to get a tan, but to prevent burns or damage, apply after sunscreen." in 91 reviews
  • "I love Banana Boat Tanning Oil, it smells good and gives me a beautiful deep rich tan. This is best used after you have a tan started while previously using an SPF and probably not best for those with very fair skin color due to it not having any SPF. If you burn or are prone to skin cancer I do not recommend this product without SPF." in 35 reviews
  • "okay ladies, this smells great, but for warning, its going to get you burnt....no joke.. i have never been so burnt in my entire life until i used this on the cruise i was on... way pain " in 17 reviews
  • "I use tanning oil over lotion all of the time as I grew up it kept bring me back to trips to Florida I had as a child and it's just that familiar scent and works great gets you tan fast and doesn't dry out so your skin stays soft and moisturized I would recommend this to everyone love this product " in 15 reviews
  • "I have fair skin so I have to use sunscreen under this the first few times or I burn.. this smells amazing " in 9 reviews
Natalie H.
richmond
My favorite thing about this product is the smell. It smells amazing and very tropical, taking me to some exotic beach somewhere. Aside from the smell, this product works wonderfully to evenly and effectively bronze my skin. I have fairly dry skin and I’ve noticed that this product causes my skin to be silky and smooth. I also have sensitive skin but I have never had a bad reaction to this product. I typically like to use the SPF4 kind as it leaves myself somewhat protected from the sun. It is also truly waterproof. I’ve gone for a dip in the pool to cool off with this product on and it still remains intact, working to tan and protect my skin. It is a very affordable product and can be found at a variety of locations including CVS target and Walmart. I would highly recommend this product to those looking to achieve a perfect bronze color this summer! I almost always have a few bottles of this in my house. One of my favorite tanning oils! Will be using this product again before summer to get that perfect bronzed glow! Love!
Katie R.
St Petersburg, FL
First and foremost, I am a Florida girl and sun worshipping is part of my DNA so I know thing or two about tanning oils. I love Banana Boat Dark Tanning Oil SPF 4, for the same reason that many people don’t like it and that is because it’s oily! This oil is for days when you are committed to soaking in the rays. I drench myself in it and stay oily all afternoon and as I’m getting ready to leave the beach I take a dip in the ocean to rinse off. I don’t recommend for an active beach day with lots of water time and beach volleyball. But I do have to say I love putting this on my legs (sparingly) on a day I’m going to be outside a lot, it gives a little sheen and has some moisturizing properties.
Also! Keep in mind, this is SPF 4 so it’s not going to protect fair skin ladies and let’s be real it’s not really great for anyone to use unless you’re down to risk skin cancer and wrinkles. But hey we only live once right!?
Megan R.
Maple Grove , MN
First and foremost, I live in Minnesota so it’s all about getting a tan fast when summer finally comes and the snow is gone. I use this product all summer when I’m out by the pool. It is affordable and found almost anywhere. It smells amazing, like any other banana boat product. When you put it on, you feel like you instantly have a tan. I like this product because it still has some SPF but allows you to get a nice golden tan.
Shannon Z.
Raleigh, NC
I really like this tanning oil! It has a fantastic smell that’s very tropical smelling. I like the fact that the tanning oil has sunscreen in it however I would have liked for there to be additional tanning lotions that contain higher SPF options. One reason why I like the oil compared to sunscreen is that it helps to moisturize my skin since it’s an oil. Hydrated skin helps to maintain a better tan
estelle c.
Cartersville, GA
Banana boat has always been one of my favorite tanning and sunscreen brands, I love this oil because it’s dry and doesn’t make your hands feel greasy, it gives my skin a beautiful brown glow, and it doesn’t easily come off! Did I mention the smell is AMAZING!!!
Reagan N.
Pennsylvannia
AMAZING. It works really well and i could notice a difference after the first time. It leaves your skin darker but not in an unatural way. It looks so good and the only con is that since it is an oil, it leaves your skin oily after you apply but once you go out in the sun it absorbs most of it. Totally worth it!
Ashley T.
Richmond, VA
I was not overly impressed with this ranking oil. I've used multiple brands and this is my least favorite. The fragrance was too strong for me and the bottle steadily leaked. I wasn't too happy when it ruined my favorite beach bag and yes for those wondering, the cap was screwed all the way on, it just leaked.
Ayasha K.
The only reason I’m giving four stars is because it’s so greasy. I understand that it’s an oil but I wish it were more light weight instead of so heavy feeling. It does smell really good and I’m super pale and this helps me get a tan without a bad burn especially when I pair it with their sunscreen.
Kacie w.
rutherfordton
I love this tanning oil. It makes your skin look so glowy when you use it. I love to use it on days that I’m sitting out by the pool. It has a little bit of SPF in it but I still use a light sun screen under it. This stuff really makes you tan good and protects your skin.
Mäyä R.
St Petersburg, FL
Omg I love this it actually works and makes you tan that's what's so great about it I use it on my bf he doesn't use it often but it it works well and he looks great after being in the sun tanning I totally recommend.
Kayla A.
Woodland, CA
Im super white and have trouble tanning would this product work?
Caitlin G.
Las Vegas, NV
How does this product prevent burning?
Nicole G.
Murphysboro, IL
Has anyone had any negative reactions to this due to sensitive skin?
Taylor T.
Ludington, MI
Does this make you super greasy? Does it make your skin breakout with acne if you use it on your face? How often do you have to reapply?
Holly M.
When using this product should I put sunscreen on before or after application?