BY BANANA BOAT

Find Tanning And Sun Protection at Target.com! Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil moisturizes and nourishes your skin for a long-lasting tan. It is enriched with vitamins A and E, aloe vera and carrot extract. see more...

• I've been looking for a new tanning oil that will really work and...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
I love Banana Boat tanning oil. I use every time I go outside to tan. Unfortunately I have not been able to find their tanning oil without SPF in it anymore. So, I am stuck buying their SPF 5 or 8 oil. I guess it is better to have protection, but when you want to tan, that kind of defeats the purpose. The tanning oil smells amazing. It has a coconut smell. It is very oily, but once it is on your skin, it stays in place. It washes off easily in the shower. I always tan so much faster using this tanning oil. The price is good for this miracle oil. I would be so pale without it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a faster tan, although I wish they still made the oil without SPF. The oil has never caused me any breakouts and I have sensitive skin.
Nicole L.
Nicole L.
It my younger days this is what I always used to catch that perfect tan. It is a hot mess. You have to reapply ever hour. It does not make you tan any quicker nor do you get a dark as you think you would. Since it is an oil like product, it is very greasy and almost always has caused my skin to break out. I must say the worse part of this product is how all the sand sticks to your body. I seriously felt like a breaded chocked cutlet by the end of the day.
Melanie B.
Melanie B.
Cheektowaga, NY
I used this product only a few times during the course of a summer because of how greasy and oily the product was. With the spray top, I thought it might be easier for application but instead the oil leaked down the bottle and left residue in my closet. Once it was applied, the oil transferred onto suits, blankets, chairs, anything and stained a few items. This product did not enhance my tan at all and certainly wasn't worth the stains.
Amber P.
Amber P.
Chicago
I use this product whenever I go to the beach and i spray it onto myself after i apply sunscreen. I think it works pretty well! I have a medium skintone and I wanted to get a tan that day so i applied this dark tanning oil (keep in mind i do not burn). I applied this multiple times through the day and i noticed that my skintone became 2-3 shades darker!! it works really well in my opinion and would highly recommend it!
Lexi E.
Lexi E.
This stuff works great! I also love the smell of this & many of Banana Boat products. Doesn't streak, goes on smooth & doesn't feel ridiculously oily on your hands after you're done applying. I also use their tanning spf 4 lotion on days where the oil might just be too messy - or not fare as well rubbing on clothing. Would definitely recommend if you are looking to get some color while still protecting yourself.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Cayce, SC
Banana boat dark tanning oil is the only thing I use while outside over the summer. Surprisingly, I burn easily without it but have never burned while using this product. My only complaint is that it is a little hard to apply. It's well worth the price. At just under 7 dollars, one bottle lasted me all summer. All in all, I would buy this product again and recommend it to friends!
Meghan C.
Meghan C.
Pasadena, MD
I used this hoping it would help my very fair skin get a little color to it. It was easy enough to use with it being a spray bottle, but it was a huge disappointment. I used every other day tanning outside for about an hour for two weeks and saw no results. Maybe it's just my skin, and maybe it would work better for people who tan easier, but it did nothing for me.
Lyndee G.
Lyndee G.
Sioux Falls, SD
I bought this at a gift shop at a hotel I was staying at in Florida. I do not know how much it cost, but I am sure it was inflated due to being bought at the hotel. It did prevent me from getting a sun burn, but I am not sure if it helped with a tan at all. I do like the smell, and would try again, to see if I can notice gradual results.
Sara S.
Sara S.
Shellsburg, IA
My all time go to tanning oil, anytime I want to get a nice dark tan I use this product, worth the cost each and every time, it always works to my satisfaction and love the easy spray bottle, this is one thing I always add to my beach bag and share with all of my friends! Each of them asks to use this when hitting up the beach
Lisa H.
Lisa H.
Staten Island, NY
I know this stuff is great for getting a nice dark tan, I'm not going to argue the results, but god does it make me feel like a ball of grease. So gross, even after taking a nice long shower it still feels like it's still on my skin. There are other options for less oily tanning sprays and I think I'll just use them.
Sydney R.
Sydney R.
Lake Oswego, OR
I've been looking for a new tanning oil that will really work and help me tan faster, is this a good product?