BY BANANA BOAT #55 in Sunscreen

Tear Free.  Sting Free Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Soft & precious, a baby s skin deserves safe & gentle suncare.  Banana Boat Sunscreen Lotion for baby is an ultra gentle formula that is non-stinging to eyes and is clinically tested to be mild to baby s sensitive skin.  This lotion contains Titanium Dioxide, recommended for children s sensitive skin for broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection from sunburn and skin damage. Banana Boat® Baby Tear-Free sunscreen contains Titanium Dioxide, recommended for baby s sensitive skin for broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Long Lasting UVA/UVB Protection. Very Water Resistant. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance-free. see more...

• Tested on animals?8 Answers
  • Is this really good for babies to use to be out in the sun?4 Answers
  • Is it safe to use on children with eczemaeczema? 6 Answers
Banana Boat Baby Sunblock
  • "I've used this for my sensitive skin in the past and it was good but a bit of white residue was left when I was swimming." in 5 reviews
vang y.
Sacramento, CA
I have sensitive skin that burns easily, so finding a sunscreen that works without causing irritation is difficult. Usually, going for the "baby" sunscreen is a fail-safe; if they're recommending you use it on a baby, it better be gentle, water proof, and it better block the sun. However, Bananaboat's Baby sunblock did not work for me. At all. I used this on two occasions where I visited the beach in HI. The first time I applied the sunblock twice to dry skin every hour and a half and still got severely burned (pain for 3 days, swelling, headache, fatigue). The next time, figuring I just didn't apply it often enough, I applied the sunblock 3 times over a period of 3 hours, once every hour. It was less severe but I still got burned enough to vow never to use this product again. Maybe it would have worked if I stayed out of the water all day, but even when applied to dry skin and letting it soak in for 15-20 minutes before getting it wet, it failed. Considering my experience with this product as an adult, I would never recommend that anyone use it on their baby or child, esp. at the pool or beach.
Amber M.
Thomaston, Ga
I don't particurally care for all of the chemicals and have found a more "natural" alternative for my baby. However, it does do it's job. It has a great price. I probably won't buy again. But, probably only because of the active ingredients.
Hannah B.
Mansfield , OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Wasn't really impressed with this brand. No matter what my daughter ended up a little red! Switched to Arbonne spray SPF 40 and have had no issues and no reapplying! We live in South Carolina and are constantly at the beach or pool unfortunately banana boat just wasn't for us.
Luz H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't like that is hard to put it on all your body, the consistency is not good and I always feel like I am missing a spot, also it will let you looking all white
Steph C.
Elmira, ON
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't find that this worked very well for my son. He has sensitive skin and before even going into the son his skin would be red as soon as I put it on.
Katherine W.
This stuff is dissapointing. I used it on my son, on the product it says will last up to 80 minutes in water... Well within 5 minutes of being in the water it was washing off. Definitely do not recommend.
AMBER T.
Oshawa, ON
Is there anyone who has tried this on their babes with sensitive skin and can let me know if they broke out from it or not? my daughter has very sensitive skin so I have been having trouble finding a sunblock that she can use. I have heard good things about this one so far, just want to hear some opinion on the sensitive skin side of it!

Natercia D.
scarborough, ON
Beauty Junkie Expert
I found it sticky and hard to apply. It also did not provide the waterproof protection it promised. Only my daughters feet were poking out of the stroller and she had serious tan lines from her sandals.
Alisha H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Works ok for babies but not my favorite sunscreen. I feel like I have to reapply often or you will burn.
brianna l.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This sunscreen is so thick and hard to spread out. Because of this my family and I got burnt in spots that we thought we covered but missed. It also leaves a heavy white cast.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Best place to store this product
Melika A.
Richmond Hill, ON
Does it come in other SPFs?
Shelby s.
Oceanside, CA
Nikki R.
Albuquerque, NM
Is it safe to use on children with eczemaeczema?
Kyra B.
Hillsboro, OH
Is this really good for babies to use to be out in the sun?