Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar uploaded by Lydia B.

BY BAKERS #15 in Baking Chips, Nuts & Bars

Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Bar.
New!
Since 1780.
4 oz easy break bar.
Same great chocolate.
All natural; 56% cacao. see more...

Michaela C.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Baker's baking chocolate is a reliable, consistent product.  The semi-sweet version has good flavor, melts well, and I love that it is easily broken into 1 ounce sections - it makes things so much easier!  This isn't expensive, but you can get it even cheaper around the holidays.
Hana C.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
I love using these bars! I bought a few different chocolate bars recently because I was planning on making chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels. This was the best bar out of all of them!

I melted the bar in a bowl on the stove over a pot of water (like a double broiler). It melted smoothly and covered the strawberries so beautifully! They looked like they were store bought because the chocolate set so nicely and it was smooth. It set pretty quickly too. Definitely a bar/brand I keep in stock now.
Sarah M.
Rochester , Ny
I bought a couple of these to make homemade hot cocoa. I wanted to melt chocolate instead of using cocoa powder to get a milkier texture. Bakers worked wonderfully! Melted evenly and had great flavor. Not too sweet!
Brooke B.
Statesboro, GA
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
Love these bars. Me & my mother use them every year around Christmas time to make lots of candies dipped in chocolate. They are great quality & taste really good, also have an affordable price. I'd highly recommend if you're looking for that perfect chocolate to dip your candy in. :)
Dominique M.
Montesano, WA
My go to when I want to make chocalote covered pretzels, or chocalote covered bananas... etc. Take awhile to melt, but they are not overly sweet. So they are just right! Also, it dries pretty fast!
Angela R.
Best thing to use when wanting to dip something in chocolate! They melt great. I take two ritz crackers, put peanut butter in the middle and then dip them in this! They are amazing!
Kristi G.
Seattle, WA
I use this a lot when I bake. Sometimes I actually use this instead of the unsweetened version and then just reduce the total amount of sugar that I include in a recipe and I find that I get a sharper chocolate flavor that way.
Kristen R.
These are a go-to around the holidays. Whether I am making chocolate covered pretzels or chocolate covered peanuts, I always use this bar. It melts well and tastes fabulous!
Katie C.
Kansas City, KS
I used a box and a half of Baker's semi-sweet chocolate to make chocolate chip cookies for the holidays. It was the first time I've tried making cookies with chopped chocolate instead of using bagged chips, and the results were OUTSTANDING. This chocolate melted smoothly, packing a chocolatey punch in every bite, without being too sweet or overpowering the cookie base. I'll definitely be using Baker's chocolate for more cookies in the future!
Stacey M.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 4
I love Baker's Chocolate.. I have tree nut & peanut allergies and this is the only chocolate I can eat and no worry about breaking out in hives. This chocolate is not processed in a facility with nuts/peanuts and this chocolate has a great taste! It's affordable and would highly recommend using for baking!