BY BACARDI #9 in Rum

Bacardi Superior Rum originated in 1862, and is the original, mixable, light-bodied rum, aged between one and two years in selected oak barrels. see more...

Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
I can say that I don’t drink rum regularly. However I do make cocktails that contain rum in them and very year for thanksgiving and Christmas. If anyone is familiar with “Coquito” then you know what I mean. If you’re not familiar it’s a creamy coconut concoction that contains spices, cream of coconut nutmeg and Bacardi Rum is the preferred choice to use. I would honestly not even think of using a different rum because it would be breaking tradition and why change something that works so well?! So if you look up a recipe of Coquito and want it to be as authentic as possible, you need to use this particular rum.
Pamela M.
Norfolk, NE
Rum is only purchased at our house when its called for in a drink recipe. I am not a fair judge on what distinguishes a fine rum from a lesser one. I personally don't enjoy the flavor so much of ANY rum, so having seen this brand being purchased and consumed by friends, it's the one I search for when rum is on the shopping list!
Randi S.
Winnemucca, NV
One of my favorite liquors. I’m not a fan of shots of rum, but it is great in mixed drinks and cocktails. If you buy it from Walmart, it fetches a decent price. Overall it tastes pretty decent and leaves me satisfied.
Misty S.
Gastonia, NC
The ONLY rum to make a decent Mojito. In fact, I think the Mojito was originally mixed with Bacardi as a required ingredient. Don't shoot the messenger if that's incorrect, I'm only a self-educated semi-expert of alcohols and their histories. Anyhoo, great rum with a smooth flavor that lends itself to slightly sweeter cocktails. Just do yourself a favor and skip the Pina Colada if you ever want to show yourself in a bar again. Save that for a Sandals Resort or the darkness of your own home. Salud.
Gina A.
Bellingham
So if you want to get drunk as
$hit in about five seconds flat I highly recommend Bacardi. Whoooweeee this stuff don’t play. Gives a really good hangover the next morning too, but, hey. No one is really thinking about the hangover. Amirite?
Norma V.
Austin , TX
One of my favorite drinks is a mojito! So cool and refreshing, perfect for this Texas heat. The only rum I like to use for my mojitos is Bacardi. I have gotten many compliments on my recipe and love to share with my friends and family.
Jacquelin A.
Orlando,Fl
Bacardi is my favorite choice of liquor to drink. Its sweet and smooth goes perfectly with so many things. This paticular flavor is the only kind I use for my holiday traditional puerto rican drink called 'coquito'. Its not the same if you use any other rum. Bacardi is a good price and easy to find. Best rum & its made in PR!
Alane L.
Good rum for a great price. This is one of my go to choices when I want something to drink. I love mixing it with my favorite soft drink. It is smoother than most and does not have too much of a kick.
Michelle B.
Bradenton, FL
I always have and always will be a rum girl, and I think Bacardi is at the top of the list. I just find comfort in a Bacardi Coke with a splash of lime. One night we were making Moscow Mules at home, but I wasn't up for the usual vodka. I switched it out for 2 oz of Bacardi Superior and it was delicious! A little sweeter than the usual mule, but just as refreshing.
Rachel S.
This rum is great for any cocktail that calls for rum. Rum Runner, Rum and Coke, Pina Colada etc.
I enjoy this rum as it is not so strong with an overpowering alcohol taste and is one of the better brands of rum. The bottle averages around $20- $25 and can also be found at the majority of liquor stores. Most bars and restaurants also carry.
Carolyn H.
What can you mix this with?