BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original uploaded by Dreama A.

BY BABYBJORN

A true BabyBjorn classic In our award-winning classic, the BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original, you can carry your child safely and close to you, while keeping your hands free to do other things. It is comfortable and easy to use both indoors and out. As with all our baby carriers, it was developed in collaboration with medical experts to suit newborns optimally. Ergonomic for your child:  The baby carrier has an ergonomic design that provides the proper support for your child s head, back and hips from birth. The adjustable head support can be folded down so that the child may be carried facing forward when he or she is a bit older and able to hold up his or her own head. Safe and user-f. see more...

• Is this worth the price I have a carrier and not really h...2 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "I know there are studies out there that say that resting like this is bad for children, but I have 3 little ones and all mine have no issues with their hips and backs." in 1 review
  • "My son loves being in it." in 1 review
Kristen S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Both the hubby and I have worn this and it is comfortable for each of us. Easy to adjust and baby girl seems fine in it, no complaints from her thus far. I do not wear it every day around the house but for the few times I have had to use it, it has worked out great.
Dreama A.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I have this in white & gray. Since I have a convertible car seat, I use this to bring my baby on shopping trips and errands. I got this second-hand and I LOVE it! baby is super comfortable in it and usually falls asleep right away. It doesn't hurt my shoulders, and the cross-back makes it more comfortable for mommy. I definitely recommend this carrier! It's retailing for $79.95 on Amazon Prime.
Melissa G.
Tualatin, OR
This is a great carrier for little ones. I know there are studies out there that say that resting like this is bad for children, but I have 3 little ones and all mine have no issues with their hips and backs. THe con of this carrier, it is a BEAR on your shoulders, but is much easier to configure for infants than the Ergo.

For larger kids, I would definitely recommend teh BabyErgo.
Breanna P.
North Hollywood, CA
So many people will say to avoid this carrier and other like it because it is a "crotch dangler". In my opinion, that's not a problem unless you are wearing your child for multiple hours each day. We only use it when we are out and about for a few hours at a time. My girl loves that she can face out and see the world and I love that the price was very reasonable. She sleeps great in it and is really comfortable. We are still comfortable using it with our almost 9 month old, although she is on the tiny side.
Jacqueline B.
Bethesda, MD
The original, and with all the different baby carriers out now, I still use this one before tying or twisting the wraps around my body. Macho Dad friendly, first choice of masculine men next to brute arm strength, in my observation ;)
Stephanie E.
Mesa, AZ
Now that my son is older he is looking everywhere, and turning every which way, and after 10 minutes of carrying him, my back is hurting. It was really great when he would just sit in it, and sleep... Just not enough support.
Bailey J.
This carrier and others like it, should be pulled off the shelves. Baby needs to have a seat to sit in, as opposed to hanging by the crotch. Hanging like this can cause hip dysplasia. Not to mention, this isn't ergonomically made to evenly distribute the weight, causing a lot of back pain.
Jessee T.
Prairieville, LA
This Baby Bjorn carrier helped my back so much when my daughter was a newborn! I also have a two year old that requires a lot of attention. It was easy to strap my newborn in while I tended to my two year old. I did not have any back problems like the other reviewers.
Lanie V.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We got a hand me down bjorn and didn't use it much. I think my baby was too small when we first tried and we had an ergo that we used instead. I was worried about the dangling legs.
Amy P.
College Sta, TX
I loved this carrier, after switching from the moby to this one, i could tell the difference in not having the shoulder or back pain i was having from the moby wrap! I will continue to show support for this carrier.
Ashley C.
Jacksonville, FL
Is this worth the price I have a carrier and not really happy