BY BABY BJORN #8 in Baby Carriers

The fully-adjustable BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original allows you to comfortably and closely carry baby anywhere you go. By evenly distributing baby's weight on your shoulders and back, the BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original can be used to carry baby forward or backwards and offers the support right where it's needed. The BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original is for newborns (at least 8 pounds and 21-inches-tall) and babies weighing up to 25 pounds. Features & Benefits: Comfortable and supportive BABYBJORN Baby Carrier OriginalAdjustable for customized fit Ensures baby's legs and hips are in correct position Supports baby's head, neck, back and shoulders Keeps baby in an upright position Arms and legs move freely, assisting with motor skill development, muscle development and coordination Colored buckles and safety click makes for easy fastening Easy to take baby out of, even while sleeping No inserts needed for newborns Machine wash Oeko-Tex Standard 100 fabrics100% cotton Can be worn forward-facing once baby is able to hold head head up independently (about 4-6 months)Baby must be 21-inches-tall for use Weight capacity: 8 to 25 lbs. see more...

Erica T.
Corcoran, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
easiest carrier to take on and off, especially if you leave it in its semi-intact position after taking it off. In the Bjorn, your baby can face in or out, which is fab. It can also be used very early on for newbs without needing a special newborn adapter. Lucie loved facing out in the Bjorn so she could watch the world go by.

However, this is not Sweden’s finest piece of engineering… the downside for the parent is the ouch-factor: think of carrying a heavy backpack on the front of your body. This carrier exerts a great deal of pressure on the lower back and the straps tend to dig into your shoulders. This results in a condition I call “Bjorn back” or “Baby back” (you may also be stricken with Baby wrist, Baby hips and knees, or Baby shoulder — none of which are pleasant). The BabyBjorn Miracle is slightly easier on the back, but for that price? I think you can do better.

People also love to hate on the Bjorn because it’s a dreaded “crotch dangler” [drink!], which means the baby is not in an ergonomically correct position and, in theory, could develop hip dysplasia. With casual use, I don’t think this is a real issue. However, for baby’s sake, I would not wear it heavily. Speak to your doctor if you have concerns.
Alison H.
Grand Prairie, TX
I loved this carrier when my son was a baby! It helped so so much. It was super affordable compared to all of the other carriers and it was super easy to figure out compared to the wraps. It is super supportive for newborns little heads! I would recommend this to all new parents!
Heather J.
Chester, SC
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I got 2 of these for my baby shower and I gave one to my mom and I kept the other. We both love this. My husband loves wearing baby as well. She was always so comfortable right on my chest and the leg holes and arm holes were perfect. I didn't feel like this carrier was going to come loose, it feels safe, sturdy, and snug. My mother wore this to take her to football games since she was a passholder. Comfortable for baby and her, hands free, can easily climb up steps and bleachers while wearing baby. These things have been lifesavers.
Jessica L.
Williamsville, NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
My son had colic and this was an absolute lifesaver for us. The ergo was just a little too large and hot for him with the infant insert (he was a summer baby), and this allowed us to comfortably carry and comfort him while keeping our hands free. It was also comfortable to sit down in. Both my husband (who is 6'4") and I (5'4") enjoyed found the Bjorn to be comfortable. However, my son had definitely outgrown it by 5-6 months, although he was in the 90+ percentile for height at that time.
Janelle M.
Salem, NH
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Great for newborns and young babies, totally secure and they love being up so close. Makes everything easier from public transport to cleaning the house. Easy to put on and easy to adjust. Better than most other baby carriers
Alexis S.
Hammond , IN
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
My little guy does amazing in this carrier. We flew to NY and wow, I was so surprised as soon as he got in it he fell asleep! It exceeded my expectations, it is very affordable. There is a little suck pad that can be bought with it as well and that is great for teething babies. I would purchase this again and I would recommend it! It was very easy to put on, they have it labeled very well.
Rachel M.
San antonio, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We have used this carrier for both my kids. It is easy to get on and off . Durable and easy to clean. It is better for small babies and once they get over 7 months i find other carriers work better.
💕 J.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This is my daughters fave carrier. She is very content when in it compared to my ergo! She will fall asleep in it happily and hang all day! It cheaper than other however I do not like that her legs seem to dangle more and not as spread which seems like it could be bad for hips.
Bri V.
San Diego, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Great carrier for small infants. I used this carrier till my daughter was about 6 months old. After that I think you’d need to move onto a sturdier carrier to support your back more. However this did the trick, was easy to put on and washed well too.
Kendall K.
Love using this for my 11 week old. Let's me do stuff around the house and conveniently carry her when running errands. Would definitely recommend to new parents. Easy to use and decently priced depending where you get it (ours was a gift though).
Jennifer S.
I was given one of these. Is it worth investing in an ergo in addition?
Kristin W.
Islandia, NY
What age does this go up to?
Elizabeth S.
Do you need to buy a newborn insert for this product? Help please!
Kristina S.
Tacoma, WA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
From my experience under one. Probably about 9 months depending on the weight and height of the baby. I think the weight is 25 lbs.