BY AZTEC SECRET #4 in Face Masks

Deep pore cleaning 100% natural calcium bentonite clay Does not contain: Additives, Animal products see more...

• How many times a week do you use Aztec Secret Indian Heal...8 Answers
  • Does this product work well with people with dry skin???4 Answers
  • This works really good3 Answers
Reviews (2038)
  • "I use this mixed 1:1 with apple cider vinegar. I apply to face and leave on for about 25 minutes. I have sensitive skin and after I rinse the mask off, my face is red for about 30 minutes - if you have sensitive skin you might not want to use this right before leaving the house. This mask makes my skin feel super soft afterwards." in 126 reviews
serrena r.
Glendale, NY
Review for: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, 1 lb more...
Before I start I just wanna say my skin is normal/oily and sensitive. I struggle with breakups and clogged pores.

I’ve seen this mask for awhile now and it was so hyped up. It took me a few months before I decided to actually try it and I’m in LOVE! I got it at a whole foods one day on a whim and I’m so happy I did! I’m gonna be honest, at first I hated this mask. I tried Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and water and whenever I used it, it never worked and my face would stay red for days and I would break out. I was ready to give up on the product but I decided to give it one last try. Recently, my skins been more sensitive and I would leave the mask on until it got desert dry which was a huge mistake. I watched some more reviews and read some stuff and tinkered with it. Ever since then, it’s been my favorite product in the whole world! It works so well at clearing up skin, reducing dark sports and extracting all the gunk in your pores. I recommend it to everybody. If you wanna try the mask out, I really recommend using APPLE CIDER VINEGAR! Not water, it’s not the same and every single person I’ve seen that mixed it with water hates it. Use ACV with the “mother” you can get a bottle anywhere, just make sure it has the “mother”. I’ve used Braggs and the stop and shop equivalent and they both work great! Don’t mix this with metal, use a plastic mixing utensil and a plastic bowl. When it comes to how you mix it, it’s all a personal preference. There are a ton of recipes online that you can follow. Personally, I like my mixture to be a little bit thicker so I’ll add a bit more of the clay.( I use about a tbs of clay and about 3/4 tbs of ACV, these aren’t exact I eyeball it). You want the clay to acv ratio to be about the same. You can also add other stuff in! I’ve seen people add tea tree oil to honey, this really is versatile. Always do research before you try something though, not all skin types are the same! Also, the tub says it makes about 15 masks but that’s not accurate at all. I’ve been using it for about 5 months now, I’ve defiantly used it more than 15 times and there’s still 3/4 of the tub left. The only real reason it’s down to 3/4 is because i accidentally spilled more powder into my bowl when I was making it.

Overall, this is an amazing face mask.
Use ACV not water
Do research before you try anything because not all skin is the same
Work out your ratio to best suit the mask for your skin type
Carly H.
Cocoa Beach, FL
#Health&Beauty Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing 100% Natural Calcium Bentonite (Green) Clay. This product is perfect for facials, acne, body wraps, clay baths, foot soaks, chilled clay for knee packs, and is also great to help soothe insect bites! Cleopatra used clay in her beauty rituals, back the day, in ancient Egypt. This definitely helps to remove impurities & dirt from the pores. I like the fact that there are no added fragrances, due to my sensitivities. And, depending on how thick or thin you want your mask you just regulate the amount of water you mix with the clay / powder product. Sometimes I also like to add a little bit of tea tree oil to the mixture for extra purification and breakouts. Truly a great product, getting back to what our ancestors used, clay, back to basics and Mother Nature.
#sundried #noadditives #nofragrances #noanimaltesting #noanimalproducts product of #deathvalley #usa Purchased mine via @amazon
Corin M.
Review for: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, 1 lb more...
I originally became interested in this product because I had seen many people give great reviews about it and I had watched a few YouTube videos of people reviewing it, so I figured I better try it myself. I bought this mask on Amazon for about $8.

I first used the mask with a combination of equal parts water to equal parts apple cider vinegar. I didn't want to use all apple cider for my first time in case my skin reacted weird to this mask (I now just used ACV because I think it works better and because my skin didn't have any adverse reactions). I left the mask on for about 15-20 minutes. I have combination skin so I wasn't to worried about my skin drying out.

I did the mask at night and the next morning my skin was so soft, and the color of my skin was even. I usually have some redness on different areas of my skin due to acne or just having uneven skin color, but I really thought my skin had an even tone after using this mask. My pores were also much clearer after using the mask. I had some active acne on my face as well, and it appeared to be slightly diminished. Overall I was (and still am) very happy with how this mask works.

This mask is not going to get rid of every impurity or flaw on skin, but it does help to diminish acne marks and it really does clean out your pores. I would highly recommend this mask to anyone who is interested and its very cheap so if you don't like it you won't be wasting a fortune!
Lindsay R.
Review for: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound more...
This mask is messssy just a warning! However, nothing compares to it- it’s the best!!!!!! It has over 18k reviews on Amazon (where I bought it) and almost all 5 stars- because it’s so good. Here’s what I do: in a plastic cup or glass bowl, mix equal parts of powder to apple cider vinegar and mix with a plastic utensil. Do not use any metal!!! It will bubble a bit and turn into a thick smelly paste. This is what you want! Apply a thick layer evenly on your clean dry face avoiding the eye area especially. Wait until it’s dry and cracking. You will feel a “tingle” as the mask gets blood flowing to your face. The easiest way to remove it is to get a wet face cloth and hold it on the mask until it starts to loosen, use the cloth oto gently wipe it off, then rinse will cool water. You will have clumps of clay on the cloth and I typically try to shake it off in the garbage so it doesn’t clog the drain. I have textured skin with lots of clogged pores and this makes my skin look SMOOTH. Your skin will be glowing instantly. All my clogged pores are gone after which is crazy. They do come back eventually if you don’t keep up using it but if you use this 2-3x per week your skin will look and feel incredible. You will be red after so if you have an event to go to, I’d use it the night before and always patch test. This is my second 1lb jar and I love it so much!!!! Moisturize after or do any serums you have because it’ll be absorbed better.
Raquel K.
I have had this mask for over a year now, and I have come to the conclusion that it is a great mask if you are have the time to use it. It is quite effective but is definitely a hassle to use and clean. You have to mix the clay powder with apple cider vinegar or water and then you can’t put it in a bowl with metal, or mix it with a metal utensil. The mask is pretty easy to apply and prepare, but I find it hard to do things while I have it on because it is pretty uncomfortable. It feels like there is a constant pulling at your face. The removal/cleanup is where things start to get messy. The mask hardens on your face so it takes a little while to take off. On top of that, I have read countless horror stories of people taking the mask off in the sink, and then because its clay the mask will go on to clog your drain. I usually try to take it off with warm water and a towel, but then my bathroom is a complete mess with pieces of clay all over the place, and I end up ruining a towel and having to throw it away. I have taken it off with paper towels but you end up using so many paper towels that it feels excessive. Ideally, I would love to be able to use this mask at least once or twice a week because I know that it would be really effective, but I just don’t have time to do that because, with the clean up process, this mask just takes too long to use.
Rachel F.
Review for: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, 1 lb more...
When I ordered this mask, I was really excited because it got great reviews for hormonal acne, which I suffer from. Trying this mask for the first time was an experience because I had never mixed my own mask before, but it was pretty easy! I use diluted apple cider vinegar as my mixer since I read it was better for hormonal acne. After using it a few times since February (about 1-2 times a week), I can tell that my pores are tighter and it helps shrink my hormonal acne, but I haven't seen anything absolutely amazing happen to my skin after using this for the past few months. I think it is a nice product and it works to shrink hormonal acne, but I am not sure this is a holy grail product. I do use a moisturizing sheet following this product since I have combination skin, and when I use the Aztec mask followed by a moisturizing sheet mask, I can definitely tell a difference in my skin the next morning. If you suffer from hormonal acne, try this product out! I think it is good and it could work for some skin types. I do recommend using a strawberry or honey sheet mask afterwards though to even out your skin PH level.
krystyn. B.
Tulare
Disclaimer: I did not use this on my face, I used it on my HAIR.
I spent about $8 on this clay at the Vitamin Shoppe but I think it's cheaper at Walmart (maybe thats just online, idk)

But, I used it as a hair mask, and I got the recipe from Jeweliana Palencia on Youtube! It works for all types of hair, and it did wonders for my curls. In the recipe she used apple vinegar cider, tea tree oil, olive oil (or coconut, or grapeseed - just a preference regarding your hair needs) and charcoal. I didn't use the charcoal, but still achieved amazing results.

A lot of people who tried this as a hair mask complained that it made their hair really dry after, but I think the recipe Jeweliana did was amazing. I could actually feel a difference in my hair as soon as I washed it out. I didn't even apply gel and my curls were popping even after putting product in them. Definitely feel like my split ends are really getting repaired !
Dalila C.
This is an honest review. I wasn't paid to get this done.

I wore the mask 4 times within the span of 5 days. And.... I have a very mixed feelings on this #aztecmask

It does feel like it is detoxifying my face to the point that I think I may need to extend this experiment to few more days until all of these acnes cleared up.

However, this mask can be very drying and harsh if you wear it for too long (letting a clay mask dry on your face is a big NO NO). I am not sure if you should use it even if you have a combination skin type.

I wanna say I love it, but nope. I would rather go for other masks that are gentler to my skin and less tedious to clean.

For the price and the amount of masks that you can get from the 1lb bottle is quite worth it. Some people loves it, some people don't. As for me, I will go back to my hydrating masks.
Luna L.
New York
The product comes in a white Tun and indicates it is good for about 8-10 facial- but I think I will be able to use it a lot more. The clay comes in powder form and needs to be mixed with equal parts of water and apple cider vinegar. The label warned that your face may be red after use for up to 30 minutes. I followed the directions and mixed the clay powder with water and the apple cider vinegar. I used a little extra water to dilute the vinegar as I didn’t want to irritate my skin. After mixing the ingredients and putting this on, my face started to feel like it was pulsing or twitching. This was caused by clay drying. After 20 minutes, I went to wash this off. Big chunks came off and I removed the rest with wet towel. My skin felt clean and I noticed my pores seemed smaller :) I did experience mild redness but that went away in less 30 minutes. I look forward to using this again.

Tip: When washing off the mask, don’t let the pieces go down the drain as it can cause your drain to get clogged. I plugged my drain and removed all the chunks after.
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
Clay
I was sceptical about this product at first (if I'm being entirely honest). But I have been trying a more natural approach to my skincare routine and I thought this would compliment that perfectly, since there is only one ingredient in this (calcium bentonite). As a quick background/summary about my skin, I have dry skin and break out mainly around my mouth during "that" time of the month. Well, it was during one of those times that I was REALLY sold on this product.

Initially, it was extremely hard for me to get a mixture down that was just right (without making too much or having the consistency be too clumpy). I will say this is probably this biggest "downfall" of this product; the convenience you give up from buying a face mask that is not pre-mixed. After multiple uses I can pretty much eye up the perfect amount everytime time now. I would say my ratio comes to about 1 tablespoon of the clay and a little less than 1 tablespoon of water and apple cider vinegar. Since apple cider vinegar is so acidic I like to combine it with water (despite the directions stating to mix with equal part apple cider vinegar). I would definitely advise anyone with sensitive skin to mix only with water and no apple cider vinegar.

I purchased a silicone spatula like "brush" to mix the product and for application and it works great for me. I leave the mask on for about 15 or 20 minutes. Some people claim to feel a pulsating sensation while the masks dries, but I would call it more of a tightening feeling. It certainly borders on the verge of being uncomfortable near the end, so if you have sensitive skin I would suggest only leaving the mask on for about 10 minutes. After removing the mask, my skin is a bit red afterwards, which is why I only use this product before bed.

The other major downfall I have with this product is how messy it is when washing it off. Although it is a clay product, so I cannot take away a star for that. I recommend using a warm washcloth to make the process easier and as clean as possible.

Overall, this is an extremely good and effective product and is so very inexpensive! You really can't beat it. It is particularly effective when I have a breakout. Just one use of this product eases the breakout unlike any other product I've used before this. It is a great exfoliator and really makes my face feel cleaner than any other mask I have ever owned.

Initially, I thought this mask was going to be extremely drying and only make my dry skin worse, but in a very odd way, I find it to be somewhat moisturizing. Of course, I always use a serum and a moisturizer after using this product.

Hands down I recommend this product to anyone out there looking for a great exfoliating mask, and especially if you suffer from either ongoing or occasional acne breakouts. This is $10 VERY WELL spent! If you have not tried this mask yet, you need to! You won't be disappointed!
Abby P.
I was wondering, is this good for sensitive, very reactive skin? And if so, what type of liquid to you guys recommend that I mix in with it judging on my skin type? I have heard of mixing in apple cider vinegar but I didn't know if my skin could handle it or not. Give me your thoughts on this, please :)
Carolynn L.
Scottsdale, AZ
Does it work well for acne prone sensitive skin?
Skye F.
Where can I buy this? For cheap
Jada T.
Is this good for hair and skin?
Jill S.
Secret to getting it smooth to apply as a mask? I always have clumping issues!

back