BY AZTEC SECRET

• Does this face mask work well for combination skin. Did a...3 Answers
  • Is it a good idea to use this product if you have combina...2 Answers
  • Has anyone used this with apple cider vinegar? Wondering ...3 Answers
Aztec Healing Clay Mask
  • "This stuff works "amazeballs" well for a nice, deep-down clean. It works especially well for those with oily or congested skin. They recommend you mix the clay with raw apple cider vinegar for best results, and I totally agree with this, but if you have sensitive or irritated skin be extra careful because it can and will burn your face." in 31 reviews
  • "They recommend you mix the clay with raw apple cider vinegar for best results, and I totally agree with this, but if you have sensitive or irritated skin be extra careful because it can and will burn your face." in 16 reviews
Char L.
Thornton, CO
Great purifying and clay mask! I always mix mine with apple cider vinegar to get it smooth and blended, I’ll dilute it with water as I’m mixing so that when I put it on the vinegar isn’t so intense that it makes my eyes water. I leave it on until it drys but you don’t have to. It produces a very intense tight pulsing sensation if you leave it on until it drys. It does cause significant redness but that goes away in 30min-1hour and isn’t uncomfortable. The mask can be drying so be sure to wash it off completely and use a good moisturizer afterwards. I’d definitely recommend this if you don’t have super sensitive skin!
Tricia W.
Rome, GA
So I tried this stuff out because of the absolute RAVE reviews on amazon and basically any website I could find. Boy was this stuff weird. I have sensitive skin so I tried it out with water first and OMG it will dry and make your face feel like the Sahara desert. However, I also have relatively oily skin so when I took it off, I saw immediate results and my skin felt SO soft. This may also be somewhat due to the fact that taking it off required wiping it with a wet washcloth so that probably also exfoliated a little bit. My face was a little red and I imagine that mixing it with vinegar may be too much for my skin so I highly recommend trying it with water first!

Also, I would measure the clay and liquid so that you get an exact 1:1 ratio because otherwise it can get clumpy and tough to spread on your face. Otherwise, I highly recommend trying it but ONLY if you have oily skin. I think if you have dry skin this will not leave your face feeling very good. Happy masking!
Shelby G.
Fort Myers, FL
I love this mask with all my heart, it honestly saved my skin. I was hesitant to buy it because the reviews are pretty split, it either burns your skin or your skin is perfect. I gave it a go and followed the directions exactly as they say. I mixed it with equal parts apple cider vinegar (reduces the pH so it doesn’t burn your skin, this is VERY important to follow!) until it was a loose paste, applied it very thick and left it on for about 30 minutes. It throbs. It tingles. It’s uncomfortable but not at all painful. When I took it off my face was quite red (I recommend doing this at night). I went to bed and when I woke up the 4 big pimples I had on my face were completely gone. Every time I have a breakout with a big event the next day I use this. The price is amazing and the results are amazing.
Megan G.
Los Angeles, CA
I love this product! I make mine with Apple Cider Vinegar, turmeric, a few drops of Tea Tree Oil and a few drops of rosehip oil. Steam your face before and put it on. You can’t use metal utensils with this mask as it deactivated the clay, but silicone or plastic works fine. After your face feels brand new- soft, and fresh. One tub of this is enough to let me at least two months, doing one mask a week
Courtney J.
Roanoke, VA
Great product! I have very sensitive skin and despite how strong it is, it does not affect it too much. Very pore minimizing. I use it with some cider vinegar once every week or two and you can tell the difference. I do this at night and do not leave it on longer than 10 minutes. Your face will be red afterwards so use a nighttime moisturizer afterwards to put some hydration back in.
Eve S.
Whoa baby this stuff is intense. My skin is super oily so I mix this with apple cider vinegar and it GETS THE GUNK. Your skin tingles and then gets really tight. Kinda hard to get off (I usually just hop in the shower) but my skin feels so fresh and so clean after. Didn't do much for raising my dog from the dead though.
Ashley G.
Philadelphia, PA
I swear by this product. I found it on a Buzzfeed article and was extremely hesitant to try it, but if you use it the recommended way (mix 1 part clay with 1 part apple cider vinegar) you can feel the mask cleaning out your skin. This thing is amazing and clears all blemishes in just one use! I use it once a week.
Dianna N.
Phoenix, AZ
I LOVE this face mask so much. I haven’t even been using it consistently but I can definitely see a difference. It works best when I mix it with apple cider vinegar instead of water.
The one thing I don’t like about it is that I have to prepare it every time I want to use it, so I get lazy. But it works great!
Jeniffer Lee C.
Bronx, NY
This mask is intense! Its super inexpensive and will last you a long time. I mix it with organic ACV until the consistency of a thick pancake batter. Then I apply it. I leave it on between 5 to 10 minutes. You will feel it pulsating so don't be alarmed. I kind of enjoy the feeling. It's like tightening your skin. Wash it off with warm water and remember to moisturize your face. Your face will be visibly red but it will subside within a few minutes. With consistent use...you will notice your face being clear and bright.
Maria C.
Aventura
Purchased at: Amazon
This mask is the reason I have clear skin today. I use this about once a week and the results are amazing. I went from having from cytic acne to minor pimples here and there. This product is fairly priced for the results given. The only downside of this is that it does sting sometimes and it is hard to put it down the drain because it is a clay and gets stuck.
Sarah B.
Pasco, WA
Is this worth buying?? I have oily but also combo skin.
Grace X.
What's the best place to purchase this mask?
Ag-ag A.
Paranaque
Is it okay if i mixed this with water?
molly b.
Carmichael, CA
Do you have to mix anything with this to make the mask? thanks
Lucy K.
What is the best way to mix this? I own this and I can never get a consistant texture with water.