BY AWKWARD #85 in TV

Awkward
  • "It is such a good show for teens, it's always shocking and funny at the same time, but you can also relate to their situations from high school" in 35 reviews
  • "This used to be one of my favorite shows, but now i think they are running out of ideas and its getting kinda stupid." in 10 reviews
  • "The show was great during its first season, then it all started going downhill when it was all drama and no humor..." in 9 reviews
  • "It's one of my guilty pleasures that my boyfriend enjoys making fun of me for, but it's actually well-written and acted for the most part." in 8 reviews
  • "It may be the way some of the episodes are written or the fact that MTV wants to center their shows around teenage drama filled with rebellion and drinking and drugs but this needs to be corrected for it to return to be a good show instead of something to be changed when watching TV." in 7 reviews
Himali B.
Denver, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I use to love this show but not now. I love how Jenna is so close to her parents & they are just like friends to her so she can discuss all her life problems with them. Also, I like Jenna’s & Tamara’s friendship. It’s a teenage show revolving around life of a high school student Jenna who is also a amateur writer & about how all her friends, love interests & parents.

It used to be so great initially when I started watching this show but after a while they just couldn’t keep it together, now the show is just getting dragged. Not fun to watch anymore.
Sydney N.
This was one of my favorite shows and I'm so sad they didn't continue it. It was really cool how it showed all the awkward moments that happened to Jenna and how she made it through them all. The characters were all great and I really liked Jenna and Matty. There were so many funny moments in this show, I miss it.
Joseline G.
Riverside, CA
I was completely hooked to this show but again producers are just dragging out these shows! Like we know Jenna wants to be with Mattie give them their happy ending already lol. All the girls just end up being little you know what changing boyfriend to boyfriend! I'm not going to lie though I watched all the seasons lol because I just need to know how things end!
Anne T.
I remember liking this when I was in high school, but when I tried to catch up with it, I have a hard time remembering why. I like the acting, but it seems like the writers don't seem to have much of an idea of what it's actually like to be at a public high school or be a high-school age student in today's world.
Savanna R.
Oceanside, CA
One of my favorite shows I love the plot line and Jenna so much I feel like most girls can relate to her some way some how all of the actors are so funny and do a really good job acting. i can admit I rewatch it all the time because it keeps me laughing every time.
Kaytlin D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Absolutely fell in love with this show. Made me relive my high-school days and was very easy to feel like you were in the show as well. The actors acted exactly like students, this show reminded me of degrassi! I would recommend it to people in high school or college.
Sherilynn M.
San Francisco, CA
Omg, I've watched this entire series on Hulu from start to finish, hahaha! It's definitely a teenage show that's focused completely on drama, but I love that she's so close with her parents and that they act more like kids than she does sometimes. It makes me wish I had that kind of relationship with my mom.
Hope S.
Cedar, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I really enjoyed this TV series, as I do with most of the series aired on MTV. The characters were all interesting and entertaining. The series as a whole reminded me a lot of my high school years and therefore was very relatable.
Sandra A.
My favorite show. It is such a good show for teens. It gives you a mix of shocking and funny, the thing i like about the show is that you can also relate to their situations from high school or remember how your friends or classmates where
Deanna B.
Boise, ID
This show is good. It started out great and when I last stopped watching it, it seemed like the show was in a pause of not knowing what to do. So it's hard to say if they were just playing everyone along or what.
Makena M.
Is this show worth the watch?
Jennifer H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Sady is my favorite character! Which one is yours?
Breanne Z.
Lansing, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Do you think Jenna should end up with Matty or stay single?
Brooke  F.
Kent, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Favorite love interest?
Brooklyn A.
Who's your fave character?