BY PAUL MITCHELL

Sulfate Free - Hydrating For all hair types; ideal for color-treated and chemically processed hair. Lather in this rich, sulfate-free shampoo to gently cleanse, soften and protect. Natural Awapuhi extract balances moisture for manageability and shine. KeraTriplex™, an exclusive blend of keratin protein, rebuilds and repairs for healthy looking hair. Guaranteed only when sold by a professional hairdresser, otherwise it may be counterfeit, black market, old or tampered with. John Paul Mitchell Systems does not conduct or endorse animal testing. . see more...

Awapuhi Wild Ginger by Paul Mitchell Moisturizing Lather Shampoo
  • "I have thin, color treated hair so I feel like this really does keep my hair moisturized without weighing it down." in 7 reviews
elizabeth M.
San Antonio
So I am a big Paul Mitchell lover. Out of all the lines they have the wild ginger line is my favorite. I love the way it smells ,kinda outdoorsy and essential oil like. The smell isn't for everyone but I love it! I buy this shampoo all the time. A little goes a long way.
What's great about this shampoo is that it does everything. Its moisturizing which is important a lot of people tend to leave moisture out, color safe and it keeps your hair healthy by putting that protein back in your hair. Its also still light enough where you could use it daily!if you haven't tried it would! Its pricer than the original and tea tree line but worth every penny.
Jessica K.
Talladega, AL
The Awapuhi Wild Ginger line has and always will be my favorite Paul Mitchell line. Since my first day of Core at the Bham school to 5 years later in my salon. Perfect for rebuilding moisture and proteins in the hair and leaving you with an amazing beachy smell! It’s very concentrated and made for every other day use because of how strong the formula is but I recommend this whole line to those with medium-coarse textures or even wavy-curly hair to keep everything hydrated and shapely.
Aimee E.
New Britain, CT
I alternate with other shampoos as they say you should so the hair doesn't become so used to one it stops working. I always go back to Awapuhi. My hair is fine and dry. Awapuhi imparts moisture but never wieghs it down. It actually leaves my blond hair shiny and almost fluffy (like a child's not like a poodle's) but not frizzy. It's gentle but gets it clean, clean, clean in one softly lathering application. There is nothing detergently about it and it feels different than other shampoos, almost like a rich gel. It rinses out easily and can wash the body as well. I don't have a great head of hair but at least with this shampoo it behaves itself. The only other shampoo that measures up is Keratase but it is expensive and the little bottle doesn't go a long way. Keratase has a formula which strenthens the hair with a creamy lather and a great hair mask which I use now to give my hair a break. But the one I always return to is Awapuhi, my old favorite
Kelsey A.
bremerton, WA
If I could take this scent and live in it forever I'd be happy. They even have candles that smell like it. So yes it's that amazing. It is great for your hair and made mine healthier each time I used it. I've just had better results with different brands. But I keep going back for the smell.
Elycia S.
Clermont, FL
This stuff is amazing! It smells so good, and it leaves my hair feeling so silky and soft. Not to mention the gorgeous shine it gives it. My stylist introduced me to it, and I fell in love! It works even better when paired with the other products in the line.
Amanda M.
One of my favorite shampoos, I used this for a solid five years and never diverted. Isn’t saved my hair from extreme breakage that occurred after overprocessing from dye jobs. A little would go a long way for sure!

Definitely worth the investment...
Lauren R.
Philadelphia, PA
I love this shampoo! More than anything, the smell is addictive. My hair is long, thick and coarse, so washing it can be a pain and I often struggle to find shampoos that feel like they get it clean without drying it out while also not causing more frizz. So far, the Awapuhi line by Paul Mitchell has been a lifesaver and it definitely fulfills my need for moisture without frizziness without compromising clean, smell, and volume!
Ashlee C.
Lees Summit, MO
I absolutely love this shampoo! It may be a bit pricey, but it works really well! It has helped repair my damaged hair and has given it life and moisture! It smells great, and you do not have to use very much to get the benefits!
Bridgett M.
Hamilton
I love this moisturizing shampoo, it smells great! It helps with my dry color treated hair. It lathers up great too! I prefer this over all drug store shampoos! I buy it regularly at my salon.
Hailee W.
Tuscaloosa, AL
This stuff smells amazing! Paul Mitchell is such a great trustworthy brand and I always trust the quality of his products! This product is one of his best! Very nourishing. Sort of pricey. Would recommend to others.
Jessica P.
Muskegon , MI
Anyone have a problem with this doing the exact opposite and actually stripping moisture out if your hair? This shampoo has caused my hair to go crazy...