BY AVOCADOS #1 in Vegetables

• What is avocado good for?8 Answers
  • Are these really that good as people say? I'm looking to try new ...18 Answers
  • So I love avocados alot. How can you make them last?10 Answers
marie A.
I love Avocados so much they are very good for us! especially in Guacamole!! recommend this recipe 100%

3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled,
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced,
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced,
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro,
1 clove garlic, minced.

In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
Annette T.
Pittsburgh, PA
Avocados are such a versatile veggie! First, they are a fantastic source of healthy fats. Why do you need healthy fats? Because they work in your system to burn the bad fat and they balance out your lipid count! In the morning, I love some avocado on toast with fresh fruit. In the afternoon, it's amazing in a salad. When having people over, I love to whip up some guacamole. Definitely a crowd pleaser! A little secret: avocado and honey pair very well together. If you are hosting a cocktail party of some sort I recommend trying slices of avocado on little slices of grilled bread, with a drizzle of honey. Your guests will be blown away!
Kelly M.
Healthy and delicious, YES please! The good fat is great for a post workout when you're working on your #summerbod or just trying to stay healthy. I love making fresh avocado toast with one that's perfectly ripe and another just barely ripe, scoop out of the skin and cut the avocado in a bowl with a knife until you have a smooth with chunks consistency. Spread on whole grain bread, wraps or other veggies for a great #beachbag snack!
Jennifer G.
Baltimore, MD
What can I say? I love avocados. I love to start my day with half an avocado sliced up on a piece of toast. Plain....it's that good. Guacamole is a popular after work snack around here. We mash it up with some lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin. Delicious! Another favorite treat is raw chocolate pudding: avocado, raw cacao powder, maple syrup and vanilla mashed together. So good and good for you!
Brijhauna P.
Rio Rancho, NM
Avacados are great with salads, tacos, burritos, toast, guacamole etc. It's really healthy but high in calories around 230 so only use half. A lot of nutrients. Walmart has them high sometimes so if you are a walmart shopper just get adds from your local stores and price match it. To get them to go soft really fast get a paper bag. Salt and lemon or lime juice Is also great.
April H.
Piedmont, SC
Avocados is the amazing and healthy vegetable. I use Avocados in just about everything. I have been using them as a substitute for mayonnaise. I use it to substitute many different baking recipes. You can take it to the beach as a snack. You can make a delicious grilled guacamole. I would recommend to everyone and it is a great price and healthy.
Alyssa K.
I could eat avocados every day, with every meal, and never get sick of them. Whenever I am drilling, I always ad avocado slices to my burgers and chicken sandwiches, and if I don't, they're diced up in my salads. I also like to keep them on hand just in case I have friends over, so I can make some last minute guac!
Margarita R.
Monroe Township, NJ
A good avocado is buttery tasting and refreshing. It goes good on just about everything. It is especially good with meat, whether it is turkey, chicken, or lean pork. I add it in salads, sandwiches, eggs, etc. It is delicious just with white rice and little bit of salt or in guacamole. I can eat avocados every day.
Chris J.
I LOVE AVOCADOS!!!!! THE GOOD FAT!!! Extremely nutritious. I cannot have a salad without it. I blend them in smoothies with other fruits and vegetables and it gives it a smooth texture. Its great for breakfast on an English muffin with smoked salmon, and also a great healthy alternative for cheese on a sandwich.
andrenna c.
Avocados are amazing. I like to eat them with salt and or pepper just cut them in half and Spoon it up it's great for a quick little snack. It's great for just a little pick-me-up if I feel like I'm running low on energy. when I feel like I'm not getting enough potassium I'll grab these and you a couple.
Mandy G.
Lewiston, Me
What is your favorite thing to use avocados for?
Marta A.
Scotland, ON
Foodie Expert
I want to introduce avocados into our diet. What are some good beginner recipes that will get us (my husband and me) excited?
Shantell D.
Ozark, AL
Foodie Expert
Are these really that good as people say? I'm looking to try new foods, more colorful foods this year, so I want to know is the hype worth it?
Laurie  a.
Pittsburgh, PA
Foodie Expert
Is there a way to tell when they are ripe?
brenda c.
Foodie Expert
What are some benefits of eating avocados?