BY AVIS CAR RENTAL #3 in Rental Car Companies

Avis Car Rental
  • "Avis offers great customer service, clean reliable vehicles at an affodable price!" in 3 reviews
Melissa K.
Frankfort, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Recently rented a VW SUV with AVIS; 4 days in TX almost requires a SUV! My husband and I were almost glad we arrived early for our car pick up.

We had originally requested a 4 door sedan, our choice wasn’t ready yet. A beautiful VW was offered at a small upcharge (meh). We accepted the SUV and were honestly nervous about the choice at first. A huge vehicle in Crazy Texas TRAFFIC?!? It was a blessing on more than one occasion, we could see everything around us and we drove in luxury.

The VW was given to us with less than a full tank of gas (we documented it/photographed it) and we were credited for that.

Wonderful car, great experience with the AVIS location in Austin, TX
Jazzy W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Avis is my last result when renting a car, first they have so much you have to go thru just to rent! I left my credit card at home once and even though I had a record of frequency of rentals. I still had to go through a soft credit check to use my debit card! So to put it mildly, after I had to allow them to get all up in my business, the car was rented with only a small authorization hold, which was released from pending the next day. So, I’m not a big fan, because that experience left me drained after a long fight. I was a rewards member who’s had a great record of renting their cars for corporate travel. Needless to say, I only use them when I absolutely have to.
Kimberly S.
Caledonia, NY
Booked on Priceline. They first tried to give us a smaller car and charge more, and magically honored our price and had the right size car when we fought them. Then, even though we had a holding deposit available in our account and they specifically said we didn’t need to bring anything special to pickup the car, we were required to use a standard credit card. Thankfully my mother in law was there with an available credit card as we don’t have any typical credit cards. Otherwise they would have refused the rental. I will never book through them again.
Elisandra O.
Astoria, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I booked a Avis car through my BjS account, i booked a Ford Fusion for pick up in Tampa at 12:30. I got there early due to early checkout from my hotel, they let me take the car early which was great. The guy that helped us was very informative and helpful got us on our way in less than 20min. When we go outside we had a very nice and clean Nissan Altima was new and drove so smooth thanks Avis will definitely use you again!
Robyn D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I give 4 Star the are really great and almost batting as well as the rest. The California experience with this brand is really really good. I do prefer another service because Avis kind of misses on some of the smaller things, but you will get a worth experience. Also I would use Avis again.
Abby S.
Nashville, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Used Avis for our rental needs in the panhandle of Florida recently (picked up and dropped off at their airport location). We booked a compact car but when we picked up, were told it was a Volkswagen Beetle, which was disappointing. My boyfriend is not heavy but also not a small guy (just broad and muscular) and there was no way we could make a Beetle work. They offered to upgrade us to a Mustang GT and that was awesome. They were friendly and quick. We’ll use them again!
Vicky T.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Rented a intermediate car from PDX airport Avis. We got there with 6 people ahead of us but we still waited at least 30 min with 4 people working  behind the counter. Once it got to us, the person  was friendly (suggested places to eat), quick to process our reservation, then we proceeded to pick up our car. We got a Nissen Sentra and it's clean and new, no smell. The return process was quick too. We return our car 45 min late and no extra charges.
Sophie C.
Errol, NH
This past August my travel companion and I rented our car for our travels around Iceland through Avis. Not only, was the service phenomenal, when getting off our five hour flight, the car was extremely comfortable and perfect size for our travels, making the unpredictable terrain and weather in Iceland easy to tackle. I would definitely recommend using Avis for all your rental needs.
Daniella M.
Columbus
I went through Avis when I traveled last winter. I got a confirmation saying I got a specific car model lined up for me, but when I got the actual car, it was a different model. It wasn't a big deal for the change since it was in a similar class, but wondering why I was told one thing then getting something else. And when I tried returning the car a few days later, I was almost charged for a fee for driving thousands of miles more than I did, but luckily the person working was easy to talk to and dispute the issue with since there was no possible way for me to drive those many miles in a few days. The originally worker assigning me the car must have made a typo. Either way, I've had a more seamless transaction with other rental companies.
Chris P.
Costa Mesa, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Recently rented a car.  When i went to return it, there was 1 person working and 2 people in uniform just sitting there, obviously their shift ended, but did nothing to help the women - who was wonderful - who had a line of 15 people.  There was nobody one to help relieve or ask simple questions, no manager, to car valet or person to pull up the car (she had to do it all) or VIP services person as well.  So everyone had to stand and wait.  After a 12 hour travel day, 1.5 hours in line at Avis was not what i needed.  AND, when i returned the car.  Similar situation.  Long line, one person working and their computers we down.  I gave then 3 stars because, the people who were working, although overwhelmed, were gems ans very friendly and helpful.
Kaitlyn T.
Bandera, Tx
Has anyone ever received any coupons or reward types of items after using Avis multiple times?
Jessica K.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Have you had any bad experiences using this car rental service?
Erendira G.
Hayward, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How old do you have to be to rent a car?
Mya O.
Kenosha, WI
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Often the difference between the car rental is the services, what do you think about the avis services?
Tar
Do they have BMW's or Dodge's ? How do they do the cars record the distance by miles or kms' ?