BY AVIS CAR RENTAL #3 in Rental Car Companies

Avis Car Rental
  • "Avis offers great customer service, clean reliable vehicles at an affodable price!" in 3 reviews
Tessa C.
I loved Avis when I rented a car from Florida to drive up to NYC, however another time when I tried to rent a car at JFK Airport will make me never do business with Avis again. I was trying to travel to visit my grandmother and I had reserved a car through their app... All was well, when I arrived to the airport however they said they were unable to go through with the reservation?! I had no prior notice of this and it was not reflected in their Avis App, I was stuck without a car and no way to get to my grandmother! I ended up going to Advantage and they saved the day. Avis did not try to explain or rectify the situation to me. I am giving them two stars solely because of the rate I got driving up from Florida.
Lizzie D.
Kansas City, MO
My car has always been cleaned and readily available for me when I get to the rental car agency. I have had good experiences booking over the phone and modifying reservations. Some facilities offer the option for Avis preferred members to pick up their car without stopping at customer service, and the keys will be in the car waiting. One con that I will mention is that if you go through a toll without paying, you will be charged for the toll pass for every single day you have your vehicle rented - even if you just went through one toll. You can pay these online to avoid the charges if you note the toll location.
Kimberly S.
Caledonia, NY
Booked on Priceline. They first tried to give us a smaller car and charge more, and magically honored our price and had the right size car when we fought them. Then, even though we had a holding deposit available in our account and they specifically said we didn’t need to bring anything special to pickup the car, we were required to use a standard credit card. Thankfully my mother in law was there with an available credit card as we don’t have any typical credit cards. Otherwise they would have refused the rental. I will never book through them again.
Halle M.
Shawnee, KS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I love the easy pick up and return process that Avis provides to those who are Avis Preferred Members. I have had troubles in the past where my name does not appear on the quick pick up board and have had to wait in the Avis Preferred line which depending on the location of the site, longer than the standard member line. But returning my car has always been a breeze. I will continue to rent with Avis.
Sophie C.
Errol, NH
This past August my travel companion and I rented our car for our travels around Iceland through Avis. Not only, was the service phenomenal, when getting off our five hour flight, the car was extremely comfortable and perfect size for our travels, making the unpredictable terrain and weather in Iceland easy to tackle. I would definitely recommend using Avis for all your rental needs.
Chris P.
Costa Mesa, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Recently rented a car.  When i went to return it, there was 1 person working and 2 people in uniform just sitting there, obviously their shift ended, but did nothing to help the women - who was wonderful - who had a line of 15 people.  There was nobody one to help relieve or ask simple questions, no manager, to car valet or person to pull up the car (she had to do it all) or VIP services person as well.  So everyone had to stand and wait.  After a 12 hour travel day, 1.5 hours in line at Avis was not what i needed.  AND, when i returned the car.  Similar situation.  Long line, one person working and their computers we down.  I gave then 3 stars because, the people who were working, although overwhelmed, were gems ans very friendly and helpful.
Sky D.
Portland , OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Budget/ Avis is one of the cheaper (I don’t mean affordable) rental car companies. Cars feel like they pick the cheapest things they can and shove you into them. We always have issues with them having the size we select in stock. They put us in the size below what we pay for and try to convince us that it’s what we purchase despite what our confirmation says.
Courtney S.
Wichita, KS
terrible company!! the people who own this company don’t know what they’re doing and employ some shady individuals. sometimes they have decent cars, but that’s about it. on multiple occasions they over book cars and the people who have a reservations sometimes get screwed. unbelievable. would not recommend. **also coming from former employee**
Gina S.
elmwood park
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I got a decent car for a rental. But I was extremely to satisfied because you have to pay by gallons of gas that you use. And I was going traveling so that was not the best option upon considering other rental locations. I have to choose this company because that was the only one that was near the place I was traveling from.
Amy G.
Toms River, NJ
We rented a car with this company when we went to Florida. We were traveling with a family of 6 including myself! So we needed a car that had a lot of space. They found the right car for us and it was very clean and great to drive! Would use this company again when we return to Florida for another family trip!
Kaitlyn T.
Bandera, Tx
Has anyone ever received any coupons or reward types of items after using Avis multiple times?
Jessica K.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Have you had any bad experiences using this car rental service?
Erendira G.
Hayward, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How old do you have to be to rent a car?
Mya O.
Kenosha, WI
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Often the difference between the car rental is the services, what do you think about the avis services?
Tar
Do they have BMW's or Dodge's ? How do they do the cars record the distance by miles or kms' ?