BY AVIS CAR RENTAL #4 in Rental Car Companies

Avis Car Rental
  • "Avis offers great customer service, clean reliable vehicles at an affodable price!" in 3 reviews
Chris P.
Costa Mesa, CA
Globetrotter Expert
Recently rented a car.  When i went to return it, there was 1 person working and 2 people in uniform just sitting there, obviously their shift ended, but did nothing to help the women - who was wonderful - who had a line of 15 people.  There was nobody one to help relieve or ask simple questions, no manager, to car valet or person to pull up the car (she had to do it all) or VIP services person as well.  So everyone had to stand and wait.  After a 12 hour travel day, 1.5 hours in line at Avis was not what i needed.  AND, when i returned the car.  Similar situation.  Long line, one person working and their computers we down.  I gave then 3 stars because, the people who were working, although overwhelmed, were gems ans very friendly and helpful.
Jaelei Y.
I flew into LAX with a reservation for AVIS. I hated the fact that they pressured me to buy the insurance. The customer rep told me I had to, that I needed to buy insurance for California even though I had insurance through my carrier as well as the credit card I was using. After saying no several times, he gave up. I knew I was being tricked. He also charged me for pre-paid gas which he said would come off the total price once I bring the car back with the gas full. When I brought the car back, the person checking me in charged me the extra gas price so I actually had to go in and talk to a rep. He took it off eventually but we knew that if I didn't say something, they would've charged me and not done anything about it.
Molly L.
Tacoma
Globetrotter Expert
I used Avis on a trip to Detroit in April of 2017. When we arrived at Avis after our flight it was an absolute nightmare. We waited in line for almost 2 hours. Most of the employees were talking to each other. The manager that helped us was extremely rude. The car we ended up with had a broken cover in the trunk and smelled like an ashtray. We had to go out of our way to exchange the car the next day because the guy that brought us the car could have cared less about these problems and we just wanted to get out of there. Customer service never credited me. I will never use Avis again.
Trista E.
Lakeland Village
Globetrotter Expert
Every time I go to look up so called coupons on the internet for Avis they sound real good but then I go try to use them and I end up paying the same amount i asked the clerk at the front desk what was up the first time i used them if my coupon went through he said oh yeah you got a discount but failed to actually point it out and show me so the next time i used them i tested the coupon out and saw it did absolutely nothing what a crotch so then I called the man on the phone failed to find any coupon i would be eligible to use i since have stopped using Acid and now use Enterprise
Mallory B.
Williamstown, WV
The car was great and clean. Ease of pickup was also great. I turned in all receipts when we dropped off but got hit with a 40 Dollar gas charge a few days later. After dispute and sending the receipt again, it was removed. I would use them again but beware of this lil money making scheme.
Soupy M.
Globetrotter Expert
The staff was courteous, efficient and quick. They answered all my questions about the vehicle and available insurance. They didn't push me on any add ons which impressed me and I ended up taking full coverage. The vehicle was clean and ready when I picked up. Upon our return, the service was the same. They are a very professional team and I would definitely recommend them for car rental needs.
Pranjali S.
Pensacola, FL
If you want to rent a car please don’t go anywhere go to Avis.. they give very good service with cheap rates... they have good collection of cars from compact sedan to luxury, all in excellent condition... they have very good and friendly staff. Highly recommended.
Monique R.
Atlanta , GA
Renting with Avis is always great. I honestly rent with them everytime I travel back home to New York. They always have really great deals and the cars are always amazing and readily available. I won’t be switching to another rental car company anytime soon!
Ann K.
Globetrotter Expert
Made a reservation with AVIS about a month ahead of time for a trip to Las Vegas with friends. Was very pleased with the selection of vehicle types they offered and the pricing was comparable to pretty much all of the other big name rental companies. When I arrived, I checked in at the desk and was in my car within about 20 minutes. The car I received (Camaro SS) was very clean, had low miles and not once did I worry about breaking down. Will definitely rent from them again!
Kierianne L.
Falls church, VA
My boyfriend and I rented through Avis when we went to Canada. It was so easy to check in and get the car and it was even easier to return the car. A smooth transaction that we appreciated since we wanted to spend most of our time traveling.
Kaitlyn T.
Bandera, Tx
Has anyone ever received any coupons or reward types of items after using Avis multiple times?
Jessica K.
Globetrotter Expert
Have you had any bad experiences using this car rental service?
Erendira G.
Hayward, CA
Globetrotter Expert
How old do you have to be to rent a car?
Mya O.
Kenosha, WI
Globetrotter Expert
Often the difference between the car rental is the services, what do you think about the avis services?
Tar
Do they have BMW's or Dodge's ? How do they do the cars record the distance by miles or kms' ?