BY AVIS CAR RENTAL #4 in Rental Car Companies

Avis Car Rental
  • "Avis offers great customer service, clean reliable vehicles at an affodable price!" in 3 reviews
Miranda b.
Miranda b.
Dallas, TX
Good prices, but always terrible and neglectful customer service. The last time I used Avis was in Hawaii. The car we rented did not come with a working jack and ended up with a flat. Called their roadside assist, worker said he was busy. A kind stranger fixed our flat for us, and we drove back to the rental company. No apology and tried to charge us for the jack. They exchanged our car, but the new car key had a dead battery. When asked to replace the key battery, they said "we don't have any." Asked for a different car, and the sales girl loudly sighed at us, walked in the back, and came back with a new battery. Incredibly rude and lazy service.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Hutto, TX
We used Avis to rent a car over Thanksgiving break and we were NOT pleased with our service. We were not told of a rate per mile until after we returned the car. They charged us $250+ dollars for the mileage. When we called customer service to dispute the charge it took us FIVE calls to get the problem resolved. The first FOUR TIMES we called we were hung up on. The last time we finally got a supervisor who agreed the charges were unfair and resolved the issue. They then forgot to return our money to us and we had to call AGAIN to remind them to refund us. We will be warning others to never use Avis. Completely dissatisfied.
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Denver, CO
Before renting a car, I read lots of reviews (most of all, the bad ones, to know what could go wrong) about this company. I rented a economic car for nine day to do the west coast (amazingly beautiful California). It was perfect! When i arrived, the car was ready and clean (smelling fresh, even a little bit wet outside). I got a car with a low mile range. To return the car at the airport, the service was fast and without complications. Also, I prepaid for it and it wasn't charged me anything extra (which is a relief). I will definitely rent a car with them again.
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Blue Jay, CA
Globetrotter Expert
I had to rent a car from Avis to bring my brother home from a rehabilitation center for spinal cord victims back to Virginia. Not only did they not charge me a ridiculous drop fee like other companies were charging for dropping off in a different location, but they went above and beyond to help me pick the right van so my brother would be comfortable and all of his supplies would fit. They also let me change the drop location again, once I got to Virginia and found a closet office. Exceptional customer service.
Sylvia C.
Sylvia C.
I have been an Avis Preferred member for a few years now and have rarely run into any trouble with renting a car from Avis. Sometimes my name isn't listed on the Preferred boards, which can be a little annoying but not too big of a hassle. I like renting from Alamo a little better because of the self check-in options and the ability to choose my own vehicle. But I appreciate that it's easy to maintain Preferred status with Avis and have had generally positive experiences.
Azra K.
Azra K.
Albany, NY
I rented a car from Avis for a week to drive to Virginia and back to NY and it was def worth the $300 and change I paid because I didn't have to put the 800 and some miles on my own car. They offered unlimited miles and had a nice selection of cars to pick from. The customer service was great, had no issues returning the car after the trip. Just keep in mind to return the car back wth a full tank of gas, otherwise they'll charge you like $10 a gallon for gas!!
Laura K.
Laura K.
Harrison Twp, MI
I have never had much luck with Avis car rental. While they tend to me the cheapest, you get what you pay for (sometimes). Unfortunately, I chose a mid-sized car and when I went to pick my rental up, they charged me the mid-size price but had the economy car for me. They also added on the gas fee at the end (although I chose not to and fill it up myself) and if I didn't notice, they would have gotten away with the extra charge. I will not be using Avis again.
Kelly N.
Kelly N.
Olyphant, PA
I used Avis once and it was a great experience. The agent was super friendly and helpful and I didn't have to wait at all in a busy airport. They had reserved me a small car and my boyfriend is over 6 foot tall, he wouldn't have fit in the front seat comfortably. I explained this to her and asked for an upgrade, without any charge or hassle I received a new Chevy Cruz with plenty of room for my tall boyfriend. The car was clean and roomy.
Sounintha P.
Sounintha P.
Andover, MN
I am an Avis preferred member and absolutely love the service. You sign up (online or in location) and keep a credit card on file. Everytime you book through them, there's no need to check in or wait at the counter. You walk out to the lot, find your name on the screen and head straight to your car and leave. Quick, Easy, and Efficient. I will not use anything else but a preferred service like this. Will rent every time!
Leah J.
Leah J.
Austin, TX
My Avis car rental experience was pretty seamless. Picking up the vehicle took less than 5 minutes--my only qualm was that actually exiting the rental area took ages. There was some sort of error with a renter's paperwork in front of us. They spent about 15 minutes working through the issue--all whist other lines were moving in under a minute. Unfortunately I was boxed in and couldn't get to another line.
Kaitlyn T.
Kaitlyn T.
Bandera, Tx
Has anyone ever received any coupons or reward types of items after using Avis multiple times?
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Globetrotter Expert
Have you had any bad experiences using this car rental service?
Erendira G.
Erendira G.
Hayward, CA
Globetrotter Expert
How old do you have to be to rent a car?
Mya O.
Mya O.
Kenosha, WI
Globetrotter Expert
Often the difference between the car rental is the services, what do you think about the avis services?
Tar
Tar
Do they have BMW's or Dodge's ? How do they do the cars record the distance by miles or kms' ?