Avis Car Rental

What’s the perks of their rewards program?
How much does your credit rating go down by being checked by these loan places, especially Avis?
Do they offer free children's chair?
Start your review of Avis Car Rental!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Avis offers great customer service, clean reliable vehicles at an affodable price!in reviews
Orlando, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
This rental car company is great! Customer service is always on point. The best thing about their service is that you basically pay for everything on the app and as soon as it’s time for pickup you just get in the car and go! No questions asked.
San Anselmo, CA
I had a really bad experience with this company, I booked a car on line and when it was the day to get it, they only said they didn’t have the car available. So, I didn’t receive any solution from their side to apologize for the situation. I will never use this car rental again.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Super affordable and easy to rent from. I've never had difficulties checking in unlike other companies I've tried. They don't offer the most extensive fleet - but if you're just using them to travel they are perfect. Normally conveniently located at most airports too!
Massapequa
Avis Car Rental uploaded by Steve M.
I rented a car on Nov 20 and returned it on Nov 22. At the time I returned it there was no mention of any issues with the condition of the car. 2 weeks later they notified me that they took the liberty to charge my credit card $479 extra for a cleaning fee? What? the car was returned in the same condition as when picked up! Most troubling is that the inspection report they provided is dated 2 days after the return on Nov 24. Is this how they are trying to force Covid relief for themselves?
Atlanta
Avis Car Rental uploaded by Brandon W.
BEWARE!!! I rented a vehicle from this location for five days in July to travel up north. I paid for a Volkswagen Jetta or similar mid sized car and instead was given an 8 cylinder minivan. When I picked up the vehicle it was full of dog hair, vomit, and dog food. I switched the car out at a different Avis and again did not receive the vehicle I paid for. It is noteworthy that this car also had not been cleaned even during the height of a global pandemic. My elderly mother has flea bites from the first vehicle and to top it all off they charged me for an extra day though I returned this piece of junk well within the time limits. I contacted customer service (which took DAYS to achieve) and was given no refund and a cursory letter of apology. If you would like to literally leave your life and well being in the hands of an abhorrent company, then I highly recommend. I have contacted the health department and am in the process of filing a lawsuit against the company. So for $500 I am left with hospital bills for my mother and am understandably furious. Go somewhere else to rent a car- trust me.
Indianapolis
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We had no issues with this rental car company. Loved the car and it did what we needed it to do!
La Vergne, TN
Who my company uses. Last 2 cars have been dirty and windows were rolled down when picking up because someone had smoked in it. No windshield fluid in the last one. 1st car I picked up this rental had expired tags so I had to return to the airport to get another car because I refused to drive it
Austin, TX
We had a one day car reservation through AVIS that would pick up in one airport and drop off for another. Booking it online they charged us $160, however they did not include the fact that their was a fee per mile in the drive. Nowhere in our order confirmation did it state this and it would have cost and additional $75. We went through another company and it only cost $99 with no fee per miles. Horrible customer service! Will never use them again!
South Boston, MA
Is renting a car ever a great experience? I mean you book in advance. You give your credit card info online.. no matter what you end up waiting around.
Sioux Falls, SD
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We rented a car from Avis while we were on our honeymoon in Puerto Rico. The vehicle we rented was an extremely small compact car. It was perfect for the two of us to travel around the island and be able to park is small spaces.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...