BY AVENT #2 in Pacifiers

The Pacifier Distributed in Hospitals Nationwide Used by Medical Professionals to Calm Newborns. BPA Free. Sized and shaped for baby s mouth. Latex-free. Hospital-grade silicone. Durable, one-piece construction Soothie is premium pacifier designed for newborns and babies without teeth who are successfully bottle or breastfeeding.  Its one-piece construction adheres to the American Academy of Pediatric guidelines. Over 2,000 hospitals nationwide give newborns the Soothie pacifier. Soothie pacifiers are sized and shaped for baby s developing mouth. see more...

• Did you need the larger ones after three months?5 Answers
  • My baby never like to use pacifiers, she rather prefer to...3 Answers
  • As a new mother to a baby boy I'm unsure what brand and s...2 Answers
Avent Soothie Pacifier
  • "All time favorite pacifiers lol if it wasn't for them id go crazy they are the only pacifiers my son would take after the hospital." in 68 reviews
  • "These r the only brand my son would use...i love them especially since they are given in most hospitals when u have a baby" in 36 reviews
  • "with my son these were the only pacifiers he would use and my daughter likes them as well but she will use other types these are good pacifiers and can easily be washed and are long lasting" in 24 reviews
  • "These were what they gave us in the hospital and they were one of the only pacifiers my son would take (when he took any at all)." in 21 reviews
  • "Also, I'm breastfeeding abd haven't had any nipple confusion when going from feeding to pacifier (a common problem amongst newborns)." in 20 reviews
Hannah H.
Dunnsville, VA
Review for: Green, Blue more...
Before my son was born, I planned on breastfeeding and has heard a lot about nipple confusion and it worried me. I found these pacifiers and the material and shape made me feel the most comfortable with trying. Well, I will probably never use any other kind. He is able to switch between nipple, paci, bottle no problem. You can use your finger for support and he likes the warmth it creates. They also wash and sanitize easily. We have them in a variety of colors as well as vanilla scented ones that help calm and soothe.
Samantha R.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Review for: Green more...
I got this at the hospital when my daughter was sick and she loved it so i ended up buying more. Ive never given pacifier to my daughter but i decided to try it to help me quiet her down when im making her bottle or when im doing soemthing real quick just fo sooth her or make her fall asleep. Defenitly recommemd best pacy i loved it for my girl it makes her get air but just burping her real quick helps her. The secret is the hole behind it its small causing it to not get a lot of air witch decreases the chances of getting a lot of air in there tummy this is why i loved it for my daughter.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I used this type for my daughter. She used them for 18 months and loved them. With my preemie son this shape did not stay in his mouth and he had a hard time sucking on this because there wasn't any substantial width or shape to it so we had to use something different with him.
No shape is really better or worse its just what the baby prefers or what you give them first.
I don't think these are orthodontic and in turn can cause tooth issues if use while teeth are growing in and that would be my only worry with these.
Other than that these are of great quality. They are very soft with no hard parts to hurt the baby. They can be used to teethe on. They are very easy to clean and fun for babies to play with when they realize they can stick their finger in the hole and feel their tongue haha.
These do tear after about 6 months of regular use and washes so you will have to replace about that often but they are an affordable price and available almost everywhere so they are easy to keep around or stock up on.
There isn't an widely available pacifier clips that hold this type well so that can be a con if you use those to keep them near baby and not lose them.
Overall its a trusted brand and a quality pacifier so I do recommend.
Jessica B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Review for: Green more...
We were given one of these pacifiers as a baby shower gift and they came highly recommended. Our newborn loves
them! They work great when he has the hiccups and needs help calming
down. Out of the variety of pacifiers we've tried, these are definitely
his favorite. He absolutely loves chewing on my finger (which fits
comfortably inside of the little nipple). They definitely soothe him
when he's fussy, and are great to offer when trying to get him to fall
asleep. Definitely recommended!
Megan S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Review for: Green more...
These were our go to pacifiers for my daughter. They're great because they were so easy to hold when she couldn't keep it in her mouth or put it back in yet. All you need is one finger inside the little opening and it is secured. I do wish these had a hole on the little tab for a pacifier clip. My daughter always ended up with a mark on her face from the cord when we would put it through the other holes to keep it from falling away.
Rachel D.
Review for: Green more...
My son loves this pacifier! We were trying to avoid giving him a pacifier until he was at least a month old but we also have to keep sane in order to care for him properly (babies are LOUD!) so we caved and tried using this. He took to it really well and hasn't had any issues with nursing because of the pacifier. He is a week and a half old. I would recommend this product and would definitely repurchase if need be!
Brittany P.
Freeburg, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Review for: Bpa Free Pink 3 And Older 3M+ Was 6 To 18 Months Pacifiers more...
I was given an Avent pacifier for my daughter at the hospital and I swear by them.  My daughter loved her pacifier for the first few months before giving them up on her own.  We followed the 5 S's and one of the S's obviously refers to sucking.  She loved her pacifier and if we were to ever have another child I would use them again.
Amber G.
Adrian, GA
Review for: Green more...
My newborn took to these really well. This is the kind he was given at the hospital when he was born and he came home using these. At the hospital they were given to us, but I also bought some from Walmart for about $3. (Here is a picture of my newborn with his soothie)
Mariya P.
Germantown, TN
Avent Soothie Pacifier is something I can't leave my house with out haha. Daughter only loves these and I've tried all kinds with her she wouldn't take any except Avent Soothie Pacifier .. I'm at a stage where I have to tell her no because I'm afraid her upper pallet may form differently. But she loves these and it makes me happy
Lexi A.
Plainville, CT
Review for: Green more...
I did not have the best experience with these pacifiers but I've heard really great things about them. I also know people who only use these pacifiers. My daughter struggled to keep this in her mouth and spit it out a lot. I would not personally buy this product again but I think it's worth trying to see if it works for your child.
Kim U.
Orlando, FL
We're you given a Soothie at the hospital when your child was born?
katie R.
Are theese the pacifiers they give to your baby at the hospital?
Ashlee W.
Are these good for baby's who will be breastfeeding?
Morgen W.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
What kind of clip do you use so they don't bounce all over the floor?
Michelle G.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
How is the wubanubb different from the original besides the animal at the end of it ?