Avent All Around Natural 9oz Cup uploaded by Geannette R.

BY AVENT #49 in Kids' Cups & Serveware

My First Natural Drinking Cup The Ideal Transition Cup for Growing Toddlers This revolutionary Philips AVENT drinking cup helps your toddler transition to grown up drinking, without the mess.  The unique spill proof valve is lip activated and allows drinking from all around the rim, just like an adult s cup. Easy Transition to Grown Up Drinking Drinking from all around the rim, just like an adult cup. Spoutless and strawless drinking. Unique Spill Proof Valve Lip activated valve encourages grown up drinking. Hygiene lid Protective hygiene lid always keeps the cup clean. Ideal for 12m+ Toddlers Fast flow valve enables effortl. see more...

• Are these cups good to start toddlers on using adult cups? 1 Answers
  • Are these cups hard for toddlers to drink out of? My son is 2 and...1 Answers
  • Does this bottle leak my son likes to shake his bottles1 Answers
Avent All Around Natural 9oz Cup
  • "I hands down prefer this to a sippy cup (especially with new research saying sippy cups may interfere with speech development!)" in 2 reviews
  • "This cup is perfect for travel, and has helped my little one make the transition to a normal cup." in 1 review
  • "It is very easy for the child to figure out how to make a mess with the cup, which is the only down fall." in 1 review
  • "This is the only sippy cup my daughter will take." in 1 review
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
This cup is terrible. My daughter tried drinking from it and hated it. I tried to drink from it and found our why. You have to push down on the plate on top, but not too hard because barely anything will come out and not too soft because again, nothing will come out. You also have to wait for it to trickle out and swallow weird. It has three pieces that you have to fight with to put back together and take apart. I bought the Munchkin 360 cop instead and she likes it much more. I prefer it, too. It's easier to take apart and put back together.
Clarissa H.
Moreno Valley, CA
First off- I am an advocate of the Montessori method of training children to use open cups versus sippy cups. However- when we are on the go this was the perfect cup to bring along with us. The lid snaps on so there were no leaks to worry about. And when the cup is assembled properly (it takes a bit of work to do this) there are no leaks. Now, when my child preferred to play with the cup (versus drink from it) he was well aware of how to press his lip on the plate and make water dribble down his chin. But this was something I dealt with and did not result in large messes. I hands down prefer this to a sippy cup (especially with new research saying sippy cups may interfere with speech development!)
Elizabeth L.
Corpus Christi, TX
My son is about to turn One and i figured that this would be a great cup, since he loves to drink from my glass whenever he can get the chance. However, this cup is very messy. If he barely grabs the the lid, it will leak! It has left a huge spill on my carpet!! Not good for a baby his age.. since 1 yr olds love to play with everything, and this isn't an exception. I didn't like this cup and the price was TOO MUCH for it leaking all over the place!! I wish I could take it back. But, I figured that maybe when hes 2? But still I think he will still like the fact that he can make it leak whenever he wants by pressing on the top! Blah!!
Erica S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
I love the safety secure lid, never leaked once! They come in a variety of colors and the handles are perfect for little hands. These became the only sippy cups we purchased and owned. It also is very sanitary, especially compared to the other brands that come with plastic straws or plastic piece to drink out of. They are so difficult to clean well enough and definitely leak if they fall or tip
Heather F.
Fort Smith, AR
I bought these a pacing cup for my daughter a sippy cup wasn't going fast enough and a regular cup about drowned her. The cups are supposed to be spill proof but at certain angles they do leak. Also to start off it was coming out fast than she expected so we wore a lot in the beggingg not as much as with a regular cup but enough for her to be soaked. I would suggest starting with something that wont stain until they get use to it. Loved how it came with a lid though so the lip of the cup doesn't get dirty.
Hannah mae p.
Beaverton , OR
I bought this cup at target. I bought it coz i wanted to wean my boy from sippy cup so he can get the hang of drinking from a real cup. Its not spill proof. Its easy to clean. My boy did like it and i was happy coz after couple months he learned how to drink from this cup to regular cup he was only 18months at the time. This cup is a good invention i would say.
Kat W.
Chesapeake, VA
My 1 year old loves this cup! We think it makes him feel like a big boy! I had a major leak problem at first, but then I realized I had the plastic insert upside down. The flow of liquid is dependent on the pressure disc, so my baby never gets too much. This cup is perfect for travel, and has helped my little one make the transition to a normal cup. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that it has several pieces to put take apart/ out together when washing.
Audrey R.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
We tried several non-sippy cups including this one. My daughter didn't seem to like the format and wound up preferring drink from it without the top. It also was annoying to take apart and reassemble for cleaning. And finally, it leaked, which pretty much defeats the purpose. I really wants to like this one, but it just didn't work out for us.
Nena W.
My son thinks he still has a to have a cup while on the go. He drinks out of big boy cups just fine but I wanted to keep it like that so these were a nice thing to find. They are a little difficult to take apart and clean. Easy to use for them though.
tracy b.
Hershey, PA
In theory this cup could be a great transition from bottle to open cup.....HOWEVER I have such a terrible time putting this together properly. It is very convoluted in design. if the cup is not put together just so, it WILL leak all over and make a huge mess. I wish they could simplify this design to make it fool proof
Shana C.
Mount Holly, NC
Are these cups hard for toddlers to drink out of? My son is 2 and I don't want it to be an issue with him freaking out because he can't get water out.
Kinga S.
Does this bottle leak my son likes to shake his bottles
Hailey M.
Boerne , TX
Are these cups good to start toddlers on using adult cups?