BY AVÈNE #9 in Face Mists

A naturally soothing source for sensitive skin since 1743, Avène Thermal Spring Water's unique composition is clinically shown by over 150 studies to calm, soothe and soften the skin.

Ideal for red, sensitive or irritated skin and perfect for post-workout, travel, outdoor activities or to freshen up makeup.

Avène Thermal Spring Water
  • "i received this product in an ipsy bag and i thought it was stupid but it's actually amazing, i use this all the time to refresh my face before makeup and moisturizing." in 12 reviews
Caitlin M.
Staff
Honestly, if I could give this spray 6 stars, I would. I just want to bathe in it all day, every day.

It's so gentle and so refreshing. And yes, I know what you're thinking, it's just water, right? Not quite, it's full of the brand's thermal spring water (low mineral content, neutral pH, etc.), which is super gentle on skin.

I picked this up when I was going through a particularly stressful month and seeing a lot of breakouts and dry, red skin. This was a lifesaver. It felt amazing on my skin post cleansing, and it really helped keep my skin feeling plump and noticeably less red.
Talita M.
Madison, WI
This stuff was introduced to me years ago via a man who got it from his dermatologist. I use it to help moisturize while not breaking me out like most products do. I call it magic water because it truly is. I just sprayed it on my broken out face a few hours ago and already my skin is soft as a babies booty but also the redness is diminished. It's healing water. No joke, no scam, worth every penny. Works well on hives also. I recommend this as a daily regimen to aid against the wrinkles of time as well. Treat your body to this amazing treat from mother nature. I actually order the large bottle for home and the smaller bottle for my purse/travel etc.
Brittany H.
I love sprays for my face and this is in my top two! At first I didnt get what the big deal was. I thought oh it's just water what a rip off.... wow I was wrong and quick to judge. This summer I developed a rash on my hand that looked like I had punched a wall it was all bruised looking. This lasted for well over a month with no improvement. So I thought what the heck and sprayed some of the thermal water on my hand. Within 3 days my hand was almost completely back to normal and I was in shock. If it could do that for my hand imagine the benefits my skin gets if I use this constantly.
Veronika W.
Brooklyn, NY
Ok I don’t know if there’s a huge difference in these products across the board they are all water sprays at the end of the day right? This one seems to last a real long while and doesn’t irritate my skin so I like it. I use it after I put on my make up sometimes if I feel like my face feels a bit dry and it does not interfere with my look.
erika l.
San Francisco, CA
I was super shocked by the fine mist because I’m used to spray/squirt bottles so this was a nice change. I have the 10oz can and it’s very big! Like the size of my large listerine bottle. In the summer, I use this instead of a moistuier. It hydrates without feeling heavyweight my skin.
Marianne R.
concord
I actually adore the Avene line. I ran across it while shopping in Blue Mercury. Excellent products at a competitive price point.

The facial spray is not my favorite product within the line. Not a big fan of the aerosol canister.. it did no harm but was not a show
stopper. If you are beginning to incorporate facial sprays into your routine- then this is a good place to start. For those who have become more discerning.. there are others which comfort sensitive or dehydrated skin
30somethingskin S.
I got this product in a subscription box so I have no idea the cost. The spray is very refreshing. When I 1st received it I thought I would never use it. My husband recently got a really bad sunburn and I used this to spray on his skin to prep it for aloe or before moisturizing. He said it was so refreshing and cooling on his sunburn and of course it helped the skin absorb the products so much better. I have been using this to prep my skin before my oils as well.
Brittney S.
This is not a makeup setting spray. It's definitely a nice skincare item. I live in the South and it gets unbearably hot in the Spring and Summer, this is a lifesaver. I use it mostly in the mornings after washing my face to wake me up and to refresh my skin. I don't think it acts as a toner per-say but I find that it reduces my dryness/redness significantly enough to make my makeup application easier. My skin feels bouncy after using and it leaves no sticky or thick residue as well.
Edita P.
Middleton, MA
Honestly, I don’t see any magical results using this type of waters. I also feel that I don’t use up the whole amount as it won’t spray anymore, but i feel product inside when shaking.

Though these things don’t stop me from getting such waters as they are great for setting/blurring makeup, refreshing the face throughout the day (with or without makeup) or used to refresh while sunbathing. They are also great as part of skincare routine
Khanh N.
Fort Worth , TX
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Many people will say its just water but theyre something in this water that just makes your face glow i love using this to remove facial cleansers or mask or even just softening the face and rebalancing after washing with tap water. This can also be used as a makeup spray if you like the glowy look where it just makes the powders look softer and the highlighted parts glowy its absolutely a dream and will be a forever purchase for me!
April d.
Ventura, CA
What does this do for your skin?
Tabatha P.
Memphis, TN
My skin gets irritated really easily and I live in a place with a lot of sun and a lot of heat. Will this actually help with irritated skin? does it dry it out?
Ashley C.
Piedmont, SC
Is it okay to put over you makeup?
Andreea Elena G.
Galati
can be used after makeup ?
Quinn R.
I received this awesome looking product, but I'm not sure how to use it or what it's supposed to do. Can anyone please help me because I would love to try it? 👛💄👗

back