BY AVÈNE #5 in Face Mists

A naturally soothing source for sensitive skin since 1743, Avène Thermal Spring Water's unique composition is clinically shown by over 150 studies to calm, soothe and soften the skin.

Ideal for red, sensitive or irritated skin and perfect for post-workout, travel, outdoor activities or to freshen up makeup.

Avène Thermal Spring Water
  • "i received this product in an ipsy bag and i thought it was stupid but it's actually amazing, i use this all the time to refresh my face before makeup and moisturizing." in 12 reviews
Caitlin M.
Honestly, if I could give this spray 6 stars, I would. I just want to bathe in it all day, every day.

It's so gentle and so refreshing. And yes, I know what you're thinking, it's just water, right? Not quite, it's full of the brand's thermal spring water (low mineral content, neutral pH, etc.), which is super gentle on skin.

I picked this up when I was going through a particularly stressful month and seeing a lot of breakouts and dry, red skin. This was a lifesaver. It felt amazing on my skin post cleansing, and it really helped keep my skin feeling plump and noticeably less red.
Veronika W.
Brooklyn, NY
Ok I don’t know if there’s a huge difference in these products across the board they are all water sprays at the end of the day right? This one seems to last a real long while and doesn’t irritate my skin so I like it. I use it after I put on my make up sometimes if I feel like my face feels a bit dry and it does not interfere with my look.
erika l.
San francisco, CA
I was super shocked by the fine mist because I’m used to spray/squirt bottles so this was a nice change. I have the 10oz can and it’s very big! Like the size of my large listerine bottle. In the summer, I use this instead of a moistuier. It hydrates without feeling heavyweight my skin.
Marianne R.
concord
I actually adore the Avene line. I ran across it while shopping in Blue Mercury. Excellent products at a competitive price point.

The facial spray is not my favorite product within the line. Not a big fan of the aerosol canister.. it did no harm but was not a show
stopper. If you are beginning to incorporate facial sprays into your routine- then this is a good place to start. For those who have become more discerning.. there are others which comfort sensitive or dehydrated skin
30somethingskin S.
I got this product in a subscription box so I have no idea the cost. The spray is very refreshing. When I 1st received it I thought I would never use it. My husband recently got a really bad sunburn and I used this to spray on his skin to prep it for aloe or before moisturizing. He said it was so refreshing and cooling on his sunburn and of course it helped the skin absorb the products so much better. I have been using this to prep my skin before my oils as well.
Brittney S.
Pensacola, FL
This is not a makeup setting spray. It's definitely a nice skincare item. I live in the South and it gets unbearably hot in the Spring and Summer, this is a lifesaver. I use it mostly in the mornings after washing my face to wake me up and to refresh my skin. I don't think it acts as a toner per-say but I find that it reduces my dryness/redness significantly enough to make my makeup application easier. My skin feels bouncy after using and it leaves no sticky or thick residue as well.
Khanh N.
Fort Worth , TX
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Many people will say its just water but theyre something in this water that just makes your face glow i love using this to remove facial cleansers or mask or even just softening the face and rebalancing after washing with tap water. This can also be used as a makeup spray if you like the glowy look where it just makes the powders look softer and the highlighted parts glowy its absolutely a dream and will be a forever purchase for me!
Mary W.
I just got this as an add on for fab fit fun and I love it so far! It makes my skin feel so fresh and clean and it has 0 scent. I have super sensitive skin so it was a nice surprise, I knew I didn’t have to worry about added fragrance breaking me out. It is affordable too! I’m a happy customer!
Josephine L.
El Dorado, AR
It does provide a nice refreshing feeling to the skin. The mist is light and not too powerful. The bottle that I had was a travel size so it was very convenient to throw into my bag when I was on the go. It is a great product, however, with it’s price point, I would suggest the Evian Sprays of that’s the type for spray you’re looking for.
Anna L.
Suwanee, GA
My family and friends originally thought the idea of a spring water mist was a scam... why would you pay for water??? They have eaten their words. Lol Absolutely obsessed with the entire line!!!! I wish the price wasn't so high... but it's so very worth it. I typically order this through Dermstor.com....and I've found it on Amazon as well. The brand is amazing...I've tried a good bit of their products and they all have met or exceeded my expectations. This product included. I'm about to be 31 with an extremely stressful job in an ICU as a nurse...I work 13 hour shifts, get very little sleep, could use some better overall nutrition and in the summer I'm a beach bum sun worshiper...and engine who sees me even with no makeup on would swear to you I couldn't possibly be a day past my mid 20's.
April d.
Ventura, CA
What does this do for your skin?
Tabatha P.
Memphis, TN
My skin gets irritated really easily and I live in a place with a lot of sun and a lot of heat. Will this actually help with irritated skin? does it dry it out?
Ashley C.
Piedmont, SC
Is it okay to put over you makeup?
Andreea Elena G.
Galati
can be used after makeup ?
Quinn R.
I received this awesome looking product, but I'm not sure how to use it or what it's supposed to do. Can anyone please help me because I would love to try it? 👛💄👗