BY AVÈNE

Skin Recovery Cream. Soothing, protecting. For hypersensitive and irritable skin. Hypoallergenic. Non comedogenic. 0% Preservative. 0% Fragrance. 0% Alcohol. Properties This cream, very rich in Avene Thermal Spring Water, soothing, anti-irritating, addresses the needs of sensitive skin: Parcerine®, specific key ingredient reduces skin reactivity. see more...

Avene Skin Recovery Cream for Hypersensitive and Irritable Skin

Start your review of Avene Skin Recovery Cream for Hypersensitive and Irritable Skin!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Christine S.
This stuff is amazing. It’s not too light, not too heavy, and is just right for my combination sensitive skin. It helps reduce irritation from all of the legit irritating stuff I apply to it like my daily use of prescription retin-a, 23% ascorbic acid aka real vitamin C, 10% niacinamide, and oral spironolactone.  As well as weekly-ish, more or less use of microneedling, 30% AHA 2% BHA chemical peels, and 5% alpha lipoid acid. In case you’re wondering, yes, the most of previous two sentences are The Ordinary products. I’ve tried SO many other moisturizers and this one is the only one I’ve found that keeps my skin from becoming a fire-red, painful, flaky, peely mess AND doesn’t break me out, which for me means causing acne pimples. Cera Ve products (skin renewing night cream, and others) were doing the job for me for a while, but after months of use I made the connection that they 100% cause me to break out in pimples. This is my holy grail moisturizer for all of the torture I put my face through trying to look less like an old hag and to control acne.
Julia B.
Slatington, PA
I love this cream. It's not a heavy cream; It's NOT a gel, but it has a gel like texture. Sinks right into the skin. No fragrance. I really have nothing bad to say about it. My cosmetic dermatologist has recommended this to me. After my skin peels, I need to use light products.
Joanna M.
Richmond, VA
This stuff is amazing and the only thing that has provided any relief after unexpected irritation to harsh products, laser procedures, or sunburn. It goes on very thick and leaves a translucent white tint to your skin that actually provides a flattering contrast to the underlying flaming red (in my situation) skin. It is a lifesaver and will feel even better if you leave it refrigerated before you use it!
Eugenia B.
Las Vegas, NV
This is an incredible product that I think should be a staple in everyone's homes. It really does do wonders for damaged skin or blemishes. I use mine as a spot treatment for pimples and seriously, overnight, my pimples will disappear. My friend's baby had a diaper rash and she used this on him and it went away in a day! It's magic, really.
Sandra K.
This product is great for hypersensitive and reactive skin, just like the name suggests. It doesn't break me out (which is important for irritable skin) and it is very soothing. It's pricey, but I think it's a great value because you don't need a lot of product for it to be effective. It moisturizes so beautifully.
Susana V.
Katy, TX
Este producto es bajado del cielo para esas personas de piel sensible como yo. Al ser diseñado para hidratar y calmar piel irritada es una necesidad para esos casos de emergencia donde no sabes a que ni a donde recurrir en ese momento de deseperacion.
Stephanie C.
Monroeville, PA
Literally most amazing truly hypoallergenic moisturizer ever. Plus it's sterile. We give it to burn patients and people with recent cosmetic proccedures... I'm literally allergic to everything but this
Beth W.
WILL FOREVER BE THANKFUL FOR THIS PRODUCT!! I went through a period of skin struggles, was diagnosed with perioral dermatitis and this is literally the only thing that did not sting or burn my face. I used this along with their extremely gentle cleanser and that was about it until my skin healed. Best moisturizer ever and such a god send in the winter. Thank you Avène!
Stephanie R.
Rochester, NY
This is the best moisturizer ever!! My skin gets so dry in the winter and will often peel and look cracked. After I discovered this moisturizer, I can finally relax and not look so terrible! It goes on smooth and light but still works so well. It doesn't clog my pores. Well worth the money!
Alex C.
Hartford, CT
This is the only cream that I've used days and nights for the past two years. So gentle, so kind, so moisturizing. It makes my skin soft, healthy and supple. I have never had any breakout using this cream. A true holy grail for those who have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin like me.
Lena G.
Does this cream work well?
nawres t.