Add a Photo

By AVEENO
#5 in Makeup Remover
Sensitive skin can be unbalanced, leading to irriation and redness. Help rebalance your skin by cleansing with aveeno ultra-calming makeup removing wipes. These gentle, soft wipes remove dirt, oil, and even makeup. With active naturals calming reverfew, an ingredient related to chamomile, these wipes leave your sensitive skin feeling soothed and balanced to help reveal your natural beauty.
Photos (77)
Tasmine W.
Tasmine W.

I found those at Jewel first because it said "ultra calming". Before purchasing them, i had used Blum, Neutrogena, Simple (which i really liked), Garnier, Alba Botanica, and probably several more which i can't recall. in fact you can find many of those for just 3.99 at your local Marshalls in the beauty isle, they have different brands.

anyways, i was very pleasantly surprised:
1/ the wipes are larger in size than the others. you need 1 to remove everything.
2/ they STRETCH, they don't tear, and they are as soft as silk. in fact, they are the softest i have tried.
3/ given their size, you can keep folding and folding while cleansing to cover different areas of your face
4/ work wonderfully well on both eyes and face. BUT i don't only rely on those wipes for my cleansing. To avoid rubbing, i apply my nourishing Boots eye makeup remover with some warm water around the eyes to allow the makeup to loosen, then i wipe everything with the Aveeno. After that, i wash my face with the absolutely terrific Cerave hydrating cleanser. and i am someone who really doesn't like drugstore beauty products but those are all great.
5/ it does not leave a greasy film on your face (if you don't rinse like i do). i tried to leave it on a few times, and i felt like a silky gel on my skin for about 5 minutes, but then the skin absorbed it all.
6/ they have a delicate scent, they are not heavily fragranced.
7/ helped me indeed calm the irritation and the redness with time. my skin feels and looks great.
Jhona B.
Jhona B.
Tracy, CA

Its an okay wipe..it do the job.. good to use after long day wearing makeup. it don't have the alcohol smell which i like and it leaves my skin smooth rather than dry after using it. anyways, i was very pleasantly surprised:
6/ they have a delicate scent, they are not heavily fragranced.
Anisa M.
Anisa M.

OK... so I know what you're thinking... Anisa... you LOVE Aveeno products so of course you liked these wipes. True... Aveeno hardly ever lets me down. But here's the thing... there's a first time for everything. LOL!!! Unfortunately, the Aveeno Active Naturals Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes were pretty comparable with most other wipes. The typical stinging sensation that comes with most wipes was still there, despite Aveeno being one of the more gentle face products I use. They do however remove 80% of my make-up with one towelette. Two takes almost everything off completely. However, a little witch hazel on a cotton pad after the second wipe, revealed traces of foundation left behind. The best thing I can say about the wipes are that they have not broken me out, and they are definitely kind to my super sensitive skin. Over all, I liked the Aveeno Naturals, but considering it takes two or more wipes to remove "everything", I wonder if it's just better to skip the wipes all together, and just use the Aveeno Foaming Cleanser instead! Great product, but not on my "Holy Grail" Aveeno Check List! Am I still a believer in Aveeno... Yep! Aveeno is Bae! HUGS!!! Anisa :-)
Octavia T.
Octavia T.

Uhm, these are kind of weak. I don't wear makeup daily, nor weekly so I've just recently began using wipes to remove my makeup. The first one I tried was Neutrogena Towelettes and it did pretty well, actually after using these, now it seemed the Neutrogena worked even better than I thought. Only thing I didn't like about the Neutrogena towelettes was they sting and burn my eyes. I tried the Aveeno wipes thinking they would be much gentler, but they really aren't. They seem so oily upon application and barely remove makeup, especially eye makeup. I wear mascara tubes that come off fairly easily when moistened, but these aveeno wipes hardly removes them at all. My face towel is loaded with makeup when I go to wash my face after supposedly removing the makeup, and I don't even wear a full face of foundation, only concealer. I've tried the Simple brand cleansing towelettes and honestly they are the best. They swipe my makeup, like it's never been swiped before, they leave my skin feeling clean and they are still very gentle and don't irritate my eyes. The aveeno wipes are just okay. I would never purchase them again when there are much better options available.
Nayla B.
Nayla B.

I usually use Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, Refill Pack, 25 Count because they work well and don't irritate my skin. However, the package frequently pops open and I have to wipe my eyes aggressively to get my waterproof mascara off. I'm hesitant to try new skincare products because I have sensitive acne-prone skin but when my friend suggested Aveeno's Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes I thought I'd give them a try. The description sounded good and I was hoping they'd be gentle but effective.

The good news is these wipes do everything they claim to do. They're very lightly scented and they haven't made me break out any more than usual, and they really do a good job at removing make-up including my hard to get off waterproof mascara.

The wipes themselves feel a little thinner and less substantial than Neutrogena's so I was skeptical at first but after a few days of using them I'm convinced that they really are a superior product. They easily remove make-up and dirt and leave my skin feeling clean without any residue. I'd definitely use this product in the future.
Bridget P.
Bridget P.
Marquette, MI

I have oily, acne prone skin. The biggest con for me is the maekup remover broke me out.

The makeup wipe did take my makeup off very well. This makeup wipe has a distinct smell to each which I didn't mind but that may be a con for some. The wipe was wet but not to wet and not to dry- a happy medium. I also didn't find that as the pack got older it dried out on me. I did find that when I used it to wipe my makeup off it felt kind of slippery/oily on the skin which didn't really give me the super clean feeling I was after (keep in mind I always followed up with a face wash but still the feeling left on my skin felt a bit heavy and oily). I noticed over several month of using this I broke out with huge under the skin bumps that were painful and huge. This happens whenever I use a face product by Aveeno. It calms down almost immediately after discontinuing use.
People with dry skin may find they love this wipe or even people with normal skin. Can work for those with oily skin but it didn't work for my skin.
Rose M.
Rose M.
Chesapeake, VA

I have tried other makeup wipes and these Aveeno Makeup removing wipes have hit satisfaction in more areas then one.

The texture is the first thing you notice. They are soft but you can feel the durability in the cloth. It's tough enough to do the job. You flip it over and use the other side all without the cloth falling apart. Second I find the scent classified as ultra calming to be very pleasant and comforting. It smells clean as well as refreshing. It doesn't have a strong chemical smell nor is it too much of an overwhelming parfume smell. Thirdly this wipe wipes off all makeup from lipstick to foundation and even mascara.

Minimal effort is even needed as you rub off your makeup from the day. I didn't need to scrub the makeup off. It wipes of clean and clear. Leaving a sensation of clean and a relaxing sensation.

I enjoy this product and would purchase it again, even share it with friends so they could try it before they buy it because it works that good.
Jami N.
Jami N.
Saugus, MA

I recently found out that I have POD (Perioral Dermatitis). In short, it is inflammation around the mouth & nose. Sometimes very red, flaky and dry. Therefore I have to use products that are extra sensitive on the skin. These Aveeno ultra calming make-up removing wipes not only take off my make up 100% but they also majorly help get rid of my redness/irritation. I follow up with Aveeno's ultra calming cleanser, as well as their ultra calming night cream and use their Aveeno active naturals positively radiant cc cream during the daytime. I feel safe using these products on my skin. Oh and also on a side note, because the wipes are so effective in what they claim to do, they are great to keep on the go or throw in an overnight bag to be used by themselves with no other products. That's how great they are! Thank you Aveeno!😘✌🏼️
karen s.
karen s.
Palm Bay, FL

These makeup wipes are great! They take off almost all of my makeup and I only need to use one wipe. They have a great smell and are very calming to the skin. I have very dry skin and almost all products bother my face but these don't at all. They don't sting my eyes like a lot of makeup wipes do, which is a big bonus. I do find them a bit overpriced for how many wipes you get per package, especially if you use one or more every day. I also find they sometimes don't remove some eyeliner but besides that I highly recommend these for anyone looking for a good makeup removing wipe. They are a bit pricey compare to what I can get at Costco, but when I'm in a hurry for make up remover whipes, I run to Walgreens and purchase the Aveeno and pay more. But when I am out in the suburbs and away from the city, I go to Costco.
Patricia J.
Patricia J.

Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Corpus Christi, TX
Do these make you face itchy loke some do?
Meghan C.
Meghan C.
Wyandotte, OK

Do these have any kind of scent?
Ashley Y.
Ashley Y.

What's your favorite part about this product?
Michelle G.
Michelle G.
Santa Maria, CA

Are these any good ? I've always wanted to try them but idk if they are worth buying .
Does this stuff work well?

Join Now