Aveeno Skin Relief Healing Ointment uploaded by Abigail A.Aveeno Skin Relief Healing Ointment uploaded by Aisha T.Aveeno Skin Relief Healing Ointment uploaded by Justin H.See all 7 photos

BY AVEENO

Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Petrolatum Skin Protectant. For irritated, cracked, dry skin. Gentle for sensitive skin. Clinically Tested. Triple oat formula. Dermatologist recommended AVEENO® ACTIVE NATURALS® are ingredients derived from nature and uniquely formulated to reveal skin’s natural health and beauty. see more...

• Does this really works? How long does...It does work. I used to be a h... 1 Answers
  • I have been looking for something to ...This stuff works great, I too ... 1 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this in comparison t...Be the first to answer!
Photos (7)
Buy on Kmart
  • "It's great for really dry skin and I love the cooling sensation of the menthol in it!" in 2 reviews
  • "Love this product especially in the winter time when my hands get really dry and itchy." in 2 reviews
  • "Its very drying in the winter and this stuff is really nice it never irritates cracked skin and I love it so much." in 1 review
  • "We have to carry around Benadryl." in 1 review
  • "This is my favorite lotion for the winter, it helps heal and soothe my cracked skin on my hands." in 1 review
Justin H.
Justin H.
Fife, WA
This Aveeno lotion has been my go-to lotion ever since I discovered it about 3 years ago. I use it anytime - not just at night or for "intense relief." There is no fragrance at all. It really helped relieve some dry, itchy patches on my arms (in a matter of days) that other oily or fragranced lotions were just irritating. It's fairly thick but not greasy and seems to soak in (better than the all-purpose Aveeno lotion). I now use it all over, even as a facial moisturizer (doesn't cause oiliness). I have no qualms about putting it on my kids if they're scratching - it seems to help them, and I've never noticed any irritation. When my hands get especially dry, I wear this at night with cotton gloves - it works for me
Traci K.
Traci K.
Quarryville, PA
I will never use another brand of moisturizer altering using the Aveno line of products. My son has severe eczema, I have both eczema and psoriasis. We all have very dry skin. We have tried so many products. None of them have ever worked as well and constantly as the Aveno products have. The moisturizers are all think, they feel wonderful when you apply. They are not greasy and will not leave your skin feeling oily. The lotion absorbs quickly from to our skin and there is only a light fragrance. It will not irritate someone sensitive to smells. My family loves this brand. If you have skin conditions like we do I reccoemend giving this a try!
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Coarsegold, CA
Anything Aveeno is great. I had a problem with dry skin when I was pregnant and I couldn't help but scratch. I tore my skin apart on my legs, it was horrible. I gave this a try and it was soothing as well as moisturizing. I would buy this again for any possible summer problems I'm going to have. I gave it three stars because I thought it was a little greasy (I know, it's an ointment) and I had to use it on a large area of skin. Made it difficult for me to have it on while going out or doing anything.
Amanda D.
Amanda D.
Merced, CA
I used this one my son when he was a few months old. He started to get cradle cap and we found out he had eczema. When he skin started to peel I would put this on him in the morning and then at night after his bath and it helped a lot. The cradle cap went away fairly quickly and the breakouts from his eczema went away all together. I keep some on handing in case I see any sighs of it returning. It's a little expensive but honestly worth it.
Christian O.
Christian O.
New York City
This Product worked pretty well the first time I used it, but after awhile it seems like the effects aren't as strong, it may be because your skin gets used to of the lotion. It's pretty light weight and doesn't make you feel like you have it packed on, but it doesn't smell very pleasant. Overall with people who have some dry skin, this is an option for you, but I would suggest putting it at night before you go to sleep.
Ebony D.
Ebony D.
Pittsburgh, PA
Aveeno Skin Relief is perfect for stressed, abused winter skin. I bought mine at Target. It is exactly what it says...healing. It soothes stressed, dry skin and gives it the moisture it needs. It's never irritating, neither does it have an offensive smell. It truly meets my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone that would want to give there skin the pampering or healing it needs during the winter months.
Erica G.
Erica G.
Romeoville, IL
My hands take some rough treatment while I work. I'm either cleaning them with strong chemical wipes or scrubbing them in the sink multiple times I day. They get dry often and the daily routine quickly leads to painful cracking cuticles. I tried many lotions before I got to this one. After a week of use, my hands felt completely different. After a month, it was like I never even started my current job.
Amanda J.
Amanda J.
Wonder Lake, IL
We have used and tried every lotion there is out there for just a moisturizer for him and every single one cause rashes or skin irritation. He has extremely sensitive skin. finally we found our magic and haunt used anything else since!! :-) I would highly recommend any Aveeno products to ANYONE.. if it's safe for my 8month old with severe skin sensitivity it's safe for just about anyone
Sara T.
Sara T.
I purchased this after a got my first tattoo once the healing stage was over. It worked really well in hydrating the tattoo without leaving it too damp. I now continue to use this Aveeno product on my dry heels. It helps to soften and remoisturize the skin. Definitely a recommended product to check out for someone looking for relief and a thicker petroleum jelly type of lotion.
Christina W.
Christina W.
Roseville , MI
Wellness Guru Expert
My dermatologist suggested this product for me when I had stitches. This is now my number 1 healing ointment! I find it to be very thick so a little goes a long way. Also it has no scent. It stays in place and doesn't soak in too fast, which I prefer for a healing ointment. I enjoy putting it on at night the most. Try it for yourself, it is truly a life changing product!
Teresa B.
Teresa B.
Does this work really good on extremely dry hands?
Bridget A.
Bridget A.
La Porte, TX
I have been looking for something to help my son's eczema. I have tried so many different creams, ointments, and prescriptions and I can't find something to help his skin. It's very dry even though we moisturizer several times a day and he itches a lot. Should I try this product or is something better?
Abbey C.
Abbey C.
Gaithersburg, MD
Does this really works? How long does it take to relief?
Caterine M.
Caterine M.
Laurel, MD
I have been having itchy dry skin is this one good to help relieve the itchiness? I need a lotion i can use daily my skin gets itchy sometimes
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Warren, MI
Wellness Guru Expert
Is this any good for Excema relief?