Add a Photo

By AVEENO
#318 in Lotion
Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy Petrolatum Skin Protectant. For irritated, cracked, dry skin. Gentle for sensitive skin. Clinically Tested. Triple oat formula. Dermatologist recommended AVEENO® ACTIVE NATURALS® are ingredients derived from nature and uniquely formulated to reveal skin’s natural health and beauty.
Photos (7)
Chantel M.
Chantel M.

Ever since I was very lIttle, I have had problems with eczema flaring up on my skin.
I have tried several different lotions and creams, even steroid and mediated creams; with no relief our results.
Until I tried Aveno, it seemed like was just going to have to suffer with this itchy, irritated, and enflamed skin!
Aveno has been a true skin saver for me and all of their products are amazing! It is a lite lotion that stays on my hands through out the day, and I can feel nearly instant relief from burning and irritation.
Aveno so far is the only thing that has ever helped my skin fight off the symptoms of eczema, especially with the "cooling relief" addition.
I have recommended Aveno to many of my people with skin problems and have heared their satisfaction with the products they use.
Justin H.
Justin H.
Fife, WA

This Aveeno lotion has been my go-to lotion ever since I discovered it about 3 years ago. I use it anytime - not just at night or for "intense relief." There is no fragrance at all. It really helped relieve some dry, itchy patches on my arms (in a matter of days) that other oily or fragranced lotions were just irritating. It's fairly thick but not greasy and seems to soak in (better than the all-purpose Aveeno lotion). I now use it all over, even as a facial moisturizer (doesn't cause oiliness). I have no qualms about putting it on my kids if they're scratching - it seems to help them, and I've never noticed any irritation. When my hands get especially dry, I wear this at night with cotton gloves - it works for me
Traci K.
Traci K.
Quarryville, PA

I will never use another brand of moisturizer altering using the Aveno line of products. My son has severe eczema, I have both eczema and psoriasis. We all have very dry skin. We have tried so many products. None of them have ever worked as well and constantly as the Aveno products have. The moisturizers are all think, they feel wonderful when you apply. They are not greasy and will not leave your skin feeling oily. The lotion absorbs quickly from to our skin and there is only a light fragrance. It will not irritate someone sensitive to smells. My family loves this brand. If you have skin conditions like we do I reccoemend giving this a try!
Jess F.
Jess F.
Oak Park, IL

I sometimes have pretty bad chapping on my hands/knuckles, and this product works wonderfully to heal and moisturize my hands! Just a few minutes after applying the product, you'll notice that your hands are rapidly absorbing it, which for me is pretty impressive. If you're able to try this product, I'd urge you to do so. I'd love if they made something specifically for the bottom of your feet too, although this product might work well for that also! Overall a great product, but I wish they would incorporate a floral/fruity/fresh scent to turn this 9.5 into a 10!
Elsa W.
Elsa W.
Ripplemead, VA

Dry hands, elbows and knees BE GONE with Aveeno Skin Relief Healing Ointment! I <3 LOVE <3 lotions, ointments, balms and moisturizers because I have AMAZINGLY dry skin. Winter makes it even worse - so when I stumbled on the Skin Relief Healing Ointment at the store - I had to pick it up. I've been using it for the last few weeks and I've got to say that I really believe that my elbows and knees are back to "normal" - so super dry skin. My hands have greatly improved and I'll continue using this product. Two thumbs up from #AFatGirlReview.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Fresno, CA

I love Aveeno! They make great products. This skin ointment does what it promises and feels great. My only issue with it is how greasy it is. It takes quite a while to soak in. Once it does get absorbed it works wonders! Until then you're left slippery and shiny. I like to use it on the heels of my feet after soaking them. I just wish that it would soak in quicker but then again that'd be a lotion not an ointment. If you're patient and willing to be a little greasy for a few minutes it's worth it for the results.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Coarsegold, CA

Anything Aveeno is great. I had a problem with dry skin when I was pregnant and I couldn't help but scratch. I tore my skin apart on my legs, it was horrible. I gave this a try and it was soothing as well as moisturizing. I would buy this again for any possible summer problems I'm going to have. I gave it three stars because I thought it was a little greasy (I know, it's an ointment) and I had to use it on a large area of skin. Made it difficult for me to have it on while going out or doing anything.
I have been looking for a good moisturizer for a very long time. I have very dry skin therefore I needed my moisturizer to maintain my skin by keeping it hydrated through out the day. I purchased the aveeno skin relief after reading other reviews from bloggers on the Internet so I thought I would try it out. It literally dos wonders to my skin. My skin didn't have any dry patches and my foundation went on very smoothly. I was really satisfied with this product :)
Amanda D.
Amanda D.
Merced, CA

I used this one my son when he was a few months old. He started to get cradle cap and we found out he had eczema. When he skin started to peel I would put this on him in the morning and then at night after his bath and it helped a lot. The cradle cap went away fairly quickly and the breakouts from his eczema went away all together. I keep some on handing in case I see any sighs of it returning. It's a little expensive but honestly worth it.
Christian O.
Christian O.
New York City

This Product worked pretty well the first time I used it, but after awhile it seems like the effects aren't as strong, it may be because your skin gets used to of the lotion. It's pretty light weight and doesn't make you feel like you have it packed on, but it doesn't smell very pleasant. Overall with people who have some dry skin, this is an option for you, but I would suggest putting it at night before you go to sleep.
Teresa B.
Teresa B.

Does this work really good on extremely dry hands?
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Warren, MI

Is this any good for Excema relief?
Caterine M.
Caterine M.
Laurel, MD

I have been having itchy dry skin is this one good to help relieve the itchiness? I need a lotion i can use daily my skin gets itchy sometimes
Sylvia G.
Sylvia G.
Tulare, CA

How good is this for cracked heels my feet are horrible
Bridget A.
Bridget A.
La Porte, TX

I have been looking for something to help my son's eczema. I have tried so many different creams, ointments, and prescriptions and I can't find something to help his skin. It's very dry even though we moisturizer several times a day and he itches a lot. Should I try this product or is something better?