BY AVEENO #14 in Lotion

This nourishing lotion is clinically proven to improve the health of dry skin in 1 day with significant improvement in 2 weeks. Formulated with ACTIVE NATURALS® Colloidal Oatmeal and rich emollients, it helps prevent and protect dry skin for a full 24 hours. This lotion leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth and naturally healthy looking and is gentle enough for everyday use. It’s also fragrance free, nongreasy and noncomedogenic.

The AVEENO® brand is most trusted for its use of natural ingredients. Oat is the natural ingredient most recommended by dermatologists. As a skin protectant active ingredient, oatmeal can help restore skin's normal pH and aid in the maintenance of skin's moisture barrier to help prevent and protect dry skin.

• Do you like this brand ?3 Answers
  • I've been using Vaseline body moisturizer, but I'm considering tr...5 Answers
  • Many lotions I have tried sort of create a thin film on my skin r...7 Answers
Jhona B.
Tracy, CA
This product got good reviews so I figured I would try it. I wasn't expecting much since it is just a liquid form of soap. Well, I was wrong. This is nothing like a soap. It does not feel like it is stripping the skin or drying it out. This wash feels more like a cleanser for the body than a soap. It leaves your skin feeling soft. I am not sure how it actually leaves your skin with a distinct feeling of softness but it does. And that feeling of softness doesn't feel like a film or an oil. I feel great when I get out of the shower--kinda like I just pampered myself even though all I did was take a normal shower.

I have always wanted to get into the habit of putting on lotion after I got out of the shower but I never felt motivated enough to keep it up for more than a few days. This body wash makes me want to keep the softness going longer so now every time I finish showering, I follow up with Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion and I must say I am quite pleased. So I also recommend you get an Aveeno lotion as well. Their lotion doesn't make you feel oily and it rubs in quickly. I am a big Aveeno fan now. Unless I am in dire circumstances, I will never use soap again.
Shruti K.
This is literally the only lotion I've used all over myself from the neck down, consistently, since the 6th grade. I tried getting into scented lotions with all the rage Bath and Body Works/Victoria's Secret body lotions were getting, but most of them felt too slimy to feel like any moisture was being locked into my skin, while being way too high on strong fragrances (which I'm not even sensitive to, by the way). I just can't do anything but Aveeno at this point. It gets the job done, and well at that, and it's affordable. I definitely wouldn't mind if this came out in a light fragrance formula in the future as long as the overall performance of the product is not altered in the process, but it's even better for sensitive skin because it's unscented. Oh and a bottle lasts a really long time.
Kristin G.
Baltimore, MD
I work in the healthcare industry and suffer from eczema on my hands from over washing and sanitizing and this lotion has been the only thing that saves my dry and itchy fingers! My hands tend to break out more if there is a significant weather change ( i.e. going from Winter to Summer) or if the pollen count is high. A little of the Aveeno, which lasts 24 hours, and I won't have dry, cracked, peeling, painful hands. The lotion is also fragrance free which is a blessing because I tend to break out worse with highly scented lotions. My only regret is that I did not find this lotion sooner and suffered with painful hands for months!
Kelly F.
I don't know if I can say enough good things about this product to do it justice. This is easily the best lotion I've ever used. I find that most unscented lotions still have some odor to them, something faint but noticeable. This lotion is truly unscented, and it's perfect for anyone with a sensitive nose. Not only that, but this lotion lasts all day. Even into the next day. It soaks into your skin quickly and doesn't leave a sticky or oily residue that makes you want to wipe your hands on a towel. It keeps my itchy, sensitive sunburned skin protected and comfortable- I prefer it over aloe, really. No complaints on this front.
Neelou G.
My holy grail lotion!! I LOVE THIS STUFF. It goes on smooth and absorbs quickly. I usually get mine from Sam's club where they have a 2 pack and a travel size bottle for around $10. My favorite thing about this is that it's fragrance free, because after showering I don't want to smell like I dumped all the liquids from Bath and Body Works onto my body. It may not be as moisturizing as other lotions that are greasy, but it keeps your skin well hydrated without being slimy or oily which I love. You could use this and run out the door without being oily or smelling like fruity lotion. Definite repurchase.
After using this product for some time, I didn't notice anything different with my skin. It didn't make things any worse and maybe it did improve my skin a little, but it was nothing noticeable. Also it says its fragrance free but when I apply it it has some kind of smell to it and it's not a very pleasant smell. I'm not sure if others have had a similar experience but that's what I've noticed. After using it I like to go in with a bath and body works lotion to make me smell better so I would much rather buy a moisturizer that does not make me smell weird and still gives me soft, hydrated skin.
Tabatha M.
Georgetown, KY
I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion every morning. I needed something to use on my rough elbows and my current lotion was not helping. Aveeno was recommended by a friend from work so I gave it a try. I could tell a difference the first day I applied Aveeno! By the third day off using Aveeno, my elbows were very soft to the touch. I have since used Aveeno on the rest of my body and face. I usually do not use body lotion on my face but it works great because there is no oily residue and no strong fragrance. (My face is normal to dry) I recommend this lotion as an everyday go to lotion.
Sheryl W.
I'd give this one 10 stars if they allow me to. I have dry skin problem since I was born, and now that I live in the desert area, makes it worse than ever. One day I had a trip to Sam's club and came across this one, so I just told myself to try it out. I'd tried hundred of different lotions or cream. Nothing ever worked on my skin condition, but this Aveeno lotion lasts on me for a whole day long without itching or flaking. And what I like the most is that it's not greasy at all, and there is no smell, it means there is no fragrance, it's natural. I'd recommend it and would buy again.
Rebecca D.
Orlando
I have very sensitive skin so finding a lotion that will moisturize without causing irritation is difficult. I've been using Aveeno Active Naturals for years as an everyday lotion because it performs in both levels. I keep the full bottle on my bathroom counter and toss a smaller tube in my purse. It has oatmeal in it that really does calm my skin and virtually no scent. Often, the lovely scented lotions have a tendency to break my skin out in a rash from either the dyes or the perfumes. For me, it doesn't hold up to it's claim of moisturizing for 24 hrs, but honestly what lotion does?
Theresa K.
Ellington, CT
My husband loves this for his hands. He is a clown and he needs his hands to be soft when he makes balloons or the balloons pop. He keeps one bottle of this in his car and one in the bathroom. He uses this on his hands every few hours. If he starts feeling any dry spots on his hands he will quick put this on. For his job he has to wash his hands all the time, he is pulling wires, and soldering. His hands used to get callused all the time and the balloons would pop. Now that he has found Aveeno Moisturizing lotion he no longer has callus' and he no longer pops the balloons.
Marie C.
Is the lotion thick or more liquid and greasy?
Iris A.
El Paso, TX
kaylyn f.
Reedsburg, WI
Do you guys recommend this or Nivea more?
Isabelle D.
Does this brand of lotion help especially for dry skin all over the body??
Maicee C.