BY AVEENO

Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion with SPF 55 is formulated to provide better, longer-lasting sun protection from the sun's harmful rays. with Soothing Oatmeal. Helps prevent moisture loss. Fragrance free. Water resistant. Active Photobarrier Complex™. UVA/UVB protection. Pediatrician recommended for over 60 years. Continuous Protection™ Sunscreen Lotion with SPF 55 is formulated to provide better, longer-lasting sun protection from the sun s harmful rays.  It combines patented Active Photobarrier Complex™, which maintains broad spectrum protection over time, with natural skin soothing oatmeal to care for baby s delicat. see more...

• Is this eczema friendly? 8 Answers
  • Have you used it and do you recommend it.?6 Answers
  • Would you recommend for an infant? Honest reviews please!7 Answers
Aveeno Baby Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55
  • "It is light on the skins and it can be used for kids that has sensitive skin like my baby has and which most baby have." in 6 reviews
Lauren B.
We used this sunblock on our 5 month old daughter while in the Dominican Republic and it worked great. Most pediatricians recommend waiting until your child is at least 6 months old, but given that we were in the islands for a wedding , sunblock was essential and we wanted to use a product that was extremely gentle on our little butterball's fair skin, but also effective at keeping her protected from the strong sun. Aveeno Baby provided excellent protection and best of all, didn't lose it's efficacy while our little mermaid was splashing away in the pool. We had also purchased a tube of California Baby SPF 30 (it was the highest SPF we could find) because it had come highly recommended on a bunch of mommy sites, however we were so pleased with the Aveeno that we never opened the California Baby tube. Even better, Aveeno Baby is priced much more reasonably than some of the more boutique brands like Honest, Babyganics & California Baby.
Angel S.
Galloway, OH
This is by far the best sunscreen we've tried on our 13-month-old. Others have left a greasy feeling, and smell badly of chemicals. Now I'm not particularly against the use of non-organic materials, etc. but when it stinks like aerosol or other chemicals then it's a turn off for me putting it on my child. Aveeno has a pleasant scent to it and it is so easy to rub in. It's gentle, too. We had one that was marketed towards babies, but when she rubbed her eyes and got some in her eyes, she screamed as though being tortured. It was heartbreaking. I rubbed this Aveeno all over her face and there wasn't a single tear or complaint. This will be the only brand we purchase from now on.
Ashley B.
Ringgold, GA
We got this last summer, and while it was effective at preventing sunburn on my at the time 1 year old, I put it on my face the first time and upon application I noticed it felt like it was burning pretty bad. I didn't think anything of it because we were on vacation at the time and I just assumed maybe I was a little burned already or something. Since then, we ended up switching to the Honest company sunblock, which I love, but the other day I used the Aveeno again, and I noticed the same burn! I threw this away because I did not like that it burned me, so I was not ever going to use on my baby again. Could have just been my bottle of this, but I will not be repurchasing.
Carlie F.
Vancouver, WA
I know this sounds crazy, but I use baby sunscreen for myself. I bought this at Fred Meyer thinking that the least harmful products for ANYONE would be a baby product. Truth is this sunscreen works for anyone and it's just as effective as regular sunscreen. Because of the gentle formula I'm comfortable enough to use this on my face before makeup (and I use blending brushes all over). I've never had a problem with my eyes stinging or anything of the like. It's also sweat/water resistant, so if I sweat at work I don't have to worry about it. Would definitely recommend!
Hillary J.
Amarillo, TX
I know this product says for babies but I don't care it is one of my favorite daily sun screens! I put it all over my face almost every day from mid spring till the end of fall. It's very moisturizing and having the higher spf is fantastic. The sensitive formula is great for my weird skin. It doesn't cause my to breakout of have weird oily patches which is a problem I've had with a lot if sunscreens. It goes great under my daily makeup. I recommend this to anyone that wants a moisturizing sunscreen that isn't just 15 spf.
Amanda C.
Mccook, NE
My little lady is a red head so its important for her to be protected in the sun. While I do like this product I don't absolutely love it. It is heavier feeling and very thick which makes it hard to spread around on her skin. It does do an excellent job of keeping her from being sunburned but it also made her splotchy red all over her face. Not sure if she had an allergic reaction to it or not which of course isn't the product or companies fault. This is a great sunscreen but definitely not the right product for us.
Sarah W.
Lk Forest Pk, WA
I started buying this a few years ago for my kids because I didn't like WaterBabies or Banana Boat kids. Then, one day I forgot my sunscreen and had to use thiers. It was amazing! Non greasy, easy to apply, gave me even coverage, rubs in well, and not heavily scented at all. Being that I'm super pale I need a good sunscreen.
A few months ago I went on vacation with friend who forgot her sunscreen. After trying my Aveeno Baby she was in love with it for all the same reasons as me.
Hailey S.
Oakhurst , CA
I love this sunscreen so much! It is a very thick, creamy product, and soaks in to the skin very well when the skin is dry. It doesn't apply very well to skin that is already wet though, so you must dry your kid to reapply it. It lasts for hours once applied on my daughter, who is 2 and a half. She can't swim yet, but she's very active splashing around in very cold mountain water and hot sun, and not once has she been sunburnt. I will continue to buy this brand in the future.
Sarah L.
PUYALLUP, WA
My kids are allergic to every sunscreen i have tried besides this one! I don't know what it is, but this is the only one that works for us. I have tried others with the same active ingredients and they even cause my sons to have major allergic reactions. There must be less harful or strong preservatives or bases in this product. It works really well and isn't greasy. It smells pleasant. My only gripe is that it is $9 for a tiny bottle!
Karen S.
Casper, WY
Aveeno Baby is the only sun block I trust to keep my daughter protected from the sun. My daughter had rather sensitive skin and burns very easily. Aveeno baby has an amazing formula that's light and works great on baby's sensitive skin while still having a high enough SPF to protect from the sun. I use this sun block all over my daughter. Including her face and ears and scalp. Best sun block I've used!!
Leighann M.
Loch Sheldrke, NY
My children have such sensitive skin I'm tried just about every sunblock except this one? What do you all think? Give it a try?
Mya W.
Charleston , SC
I'm considering getting this for my 3 month old! Will she be ok with this?
Elana K.
Does anyone else's kid get eczema from this?
Jherrica S.
Sikeston, MO
Great Outdoors Expert
How many people have actually used it rather than just answering for a badge???
angel a.
Dearborn, MI
I need to buy a sun protection for my 6 months old baby, is this a good one? she is so white so I have to buy something good for her