BY AVEENO #37 in Shaving Creams & Gels

Garleni Á.
Garleni Á.
Doral, FL
Wellness Guru Expert
This is a VERY good product. It does exactly what it should: provides a great friction-reducing layer on one's skin for shaving (I use it everywhere, legs, arms, armpits); doesn't irritate sensitive skin; softens.

I have crazy sensitive skin prone to dermatitis and eczema. I can't wax (leaves me covered in red bumps.) I can't use those "tear hair out by the roots" depilators, cause they HURT! So, I shave. And this ultra calming Aveeno gel works. It just works without making me a bumpy, itchy mess.

It will leave a ring around your tub if you do shower-shaving as I do. Prepare to have to rinse-scrub after each shave or just more often between showers.

But...when you need a gentle, effective product, I guess you put up with those little inconveniences.
Denise M.
Denise M.
San Diego
While my leg hair is fine and straight and light, it does exist, and it's SPIKY. Which means regrowth often means itchiness and ingrown hairs. I've used a variety of shave gels through the years, and there's usually a Goldilocks problem--too thick, too thin, too harsh, too slippery. Aveeno Ultra Calming hits the sweet spot. My legs actually do feel calmer after a shave and it's just the right consistency to lift the hair enough to let my razor do its thing without shaving TOO close and leaving me open to ingrown irritation the next day or two. Awesome stuff.
Heather S.
Heather S.
Hazleton, PA
I was never one to use any shaving cream, but recently i started to notice after shaving i would get little red bumps on my legs. After explaining to my dermatologist i use a good razor and change the blade frequently we rules out the idea of my razor causing the red bumps. The dr recommend i use a sensitive shaving cream. After reading ever label on every shaving cream bottle, i found aveeno shave gel, ultra calming to be suitable. Ever since i started using it i no longer have those ugly little red bumps.
Samara S.
Samara S.
Dayton, OH
I have contact dermatitis and super sensitive skin in general. Shaving woth any other product would either leave my skin very dry or would aggravate my dermatitis. Since using Aveeno products for my skin in general I've seen a HUGE difference and experience less outbreaks. The shave gel however is awesome. The scent is very light and doesn't cause a flare up. It also leaves my skin soft and smooth after every shave. I love their products!
Maddison R.
Maddison R.
Los Angeles, CA
Wonderful product for my sensitive skin. My legs typically look like a disaster after shaving--razor burn, red bumps everywhere, but Aveeno's Untra Calming Shave Gel has taken most of that away. It's a great thick texture that protects you and moisturizes as you go, the smell is lovely and fresh (not quite as fake smelling as some of its competitors) and as previously noted, almost no razor burn when the job is done. No complaints here!
Natasha S.
Natasha S.
This is a wonderful shave gel - by far the best I have tried. It really does work to soothe my very sensitive skin and helps prevent irritation. It's helping to soothe my underarms, which I shave every other day. I am seeing fewer bumps and my skin seems softer and less red. I used it on my bikini line the other day and I had no irritation! Thank you, Aveeno, for making another amazing product!
livia de arruda fernandes r.
livia de arruda fernandes r.
Washington, DC
This creamy shaving gel is uniquely formulated with natural soy and rich emollients to help immediately soften and condition hair, making it easier for you to get a closer shave and to shave less often with continued use. The clean-rinsing formula helps prevent nicks, cuts and even razor burn by helping to hydrate and moisturize skin. It's even gentle enough to use on sensitive skin.
Suzanne P.
Suzanne P.
Gainesville, GA
I tried this product out because it's a really popular brand. I always prefer gels over body wash or the foam. It definitely worked well, and it made my skin smooth without razor bumps. It's a little more pricey than what I like to pay for shaving gel. I recommend it to people who don't mind paying a little more!
Shawna R.
Shawna R.
The Ultra Calming Shave Gel by Aveeno is the perfect balance between a shave cream and moisturizing lotion in one. It also helps to sooth my sensitive skin while shaving. I used to HATE shaving because I would always end up with burning legs after, but this has solved that! One of the BEST!
Jan S.
Jan S.
Jasper, AL
Love this Aveeno Shave Gel in the Ultra Calming formula. I have extremely dry skin. This product leaves my skin feeling smooth and I always get that freshly shaved clean feel. Helps against razor burns and nicks. I always have a backup on hand. I give this product a HUGH thumbs up!!
Cortney S.
Cortney S.
S Williamsprt, PA
Wellness Guru Expert
Good brand. How well does this work?
Aashma S.
Aashma S.
Wilmington, DE
Does this burn your skin?