BY AVEDA #88 in Hair Treatments

Instantly thickens hair and expands strands from roots to ends. Powered by botanicals—including certified organic amla fruit.

Aveda's own pure-fume™ aroma with certified organic rosemary, geranium, cinnamon and other pure flower and plant essences

thickening tonic:

• Instantly thickens for a fuller style.
  • proven to thicken hair instantly with just one use
  • expands strands from roots to ends
  • powered by botanicals—including certified organic amla fruit
  • 97% naturally derived

Water\aqua\eau , Propanediol , Hydrolyzed Corn Starch , Dimethicone Peg-8 Meadowfoamate , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Emblica Officinalis Fruit Extract , Wheat Amino Acids , Hydrolyzed Brazil Nut Protein , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch , Hydroxypropyl Starch , Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Dihydroxypropyl Arginine Hcl , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Cetearyl Alcohol , Hydrogenated Lecithin , Dimethiconol , Coco-glucoside , Sodium Magnesium Silicate , Polyquaternium-4 , Polyquaternium-10 , Dimethicone , Acacia Senegal Gum , Maltodextrin , Sodium Chloride , Citric Acid , Fragrance (Parfum) , Farnesol , Eugenol , Linalool , Benzyl Salicylate , Citronellol , Citral , Limonene , Benzyl Benzoate , Geraniol , Sodium Gluconate , Potassium Sorbate , Phenoxyethanol

• I've never tried this but wondered whether it clogs the s...1 Answers
  • I've been thinking of purchasing this for myself. Does i...3 Answers
  • Does anyone have thick hair? I wanted root volume so purc...2 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom
Fox M.
Holy guacamole. My MIL got me this for Christmas and at first I kinda scoffed at it. Boy, did I change my tune. This stuff is AMAZING. Even without blow drying my hair, it helps add lift to my roots without adding grit or residue to my hair. Blow drying gives it a bit of a lions mane effect, but it calms down if I blow it out the night before and sleep on it. Serious thickness added, though, as promised.
Morgan K.
Des Moines, IA
This product is a miracle I thought I would never discover. It truly adds thickness to the hair and can be sprayed in damp or dry. I love using this for creative braids, as my hair is a little thinner and has a lot of layers so it helps add a little more bulk to my styles. It’s also great to just spray in daily after towel drying the hair for added thickness and volume throughout the day
Paula P.
Bridge City
I have been using this Aveda Thickening Tonic for year and it really helps my fine hair. I notice a difference if I quit using it so I always repurchase when I get low. It also helps keep my hair from tangling and breaking after washing it. I would recommend this product if you have fine or thinning hair. Aveda Thickening Tonic
Paige S.
Overall I really like this product. Even though I have thick hair to begin with, it still provides some extra body to my look. I would recommend to use it sparingly in order to avoid looking weighed down. I like to use this when I know I want my hair to look extra full and lush!
Gabrielle M.
Love the smell of all the Aveda products. This tonic has done wonders for my thin and dry hair. My hair is naturally very greasy on the top of my head. However, this product does not make my scalp greasy or oily. I would recommend this product for any flat hair.
Angela 🌹.
LEXINGTON, SC
This is a great buy. My hair is thin and lacks volume so I use the in conjunction with a mousse. But it add major texture which was my goal. I use it daily and it lasts about a month or so. The smell is similar to all Aveda products - a bit on the natural side, but it's par for the course.
Crystal R.
To be honest, this product does not have a "pretty" smell, and if you don't know how to use it right, it won't give you best results. When I figured out how to use it for my hair, I can completely over look the smell. The bottle and its pump are great, it perfectly disperses evenly and just enough each spray. The best way I found out how to use it for my hair is as follows, spray evenly and thoroughly through towel damp brushed hair, flip hair upside down and blow dry, brush out hair and divide into sections and curl each section,brush hair and add a nice hair oil.major volume!
Danielle D.
Seattle
This is a super important product in my hair routine. I spray directly into my roots before blow drying and it is 100% necessary. I definitely see a thickening effect from it, and my hair seems flat without it.
Janie Lynn H.
Clearwater
I absolutely love this product. I use it every day. The smell is amazing and it doesn't leave my hair sticky or stiff at all. Gives my hair the fuller look as I have very short, textured hair cut.
jordyn d.
Saint Louis, MO
THIS PRODUCT IS THE BEST!! My hair has the tendency to be fine, and this makes my hair feel better than it ever has. This is a permanent staple in my routine now.
briteny f.
Does this product work? I have thin hair
Miranda P.
Loganville, GA
I've been thinking of purchasing this for myself. Does it give volume and texture ?
Elizabeth S.
Does anyone have thick hair? I wanted root volume so purchased but it didn't work for me - wondering if anyone else has similar experience or tips for using. Thanks!
Sonya S.
Pontiac, MI
Anyone with course (ethnic African American) hair try this? I want to thicken my hair, but I want opinions before I buy this.
M Y.
I've never tried this but wondered whether it clogs the scalp. I have an oily scalp and hate the feeling of too much product in my hair. Thanks!