Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo

Revives hair with naturally derived powders that absorb excess oil and impurities. For all hair types.

Is this a powder?
Does this work on brown hair?
Does this dry shampoo leave a white film on dark hair?
Start your review of Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo!
How would you rate this product?
Elena U.
Anaheim, CA
Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo uploaded by Elena U.
Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo Shampoo has the most inconvenient method of application. It is necessary to turn the jar upside down and move the lid aside. Spray dry shampoo on the hair roots with short pressing from a distance of 5-7 cm, style. As soon as the lid is removed, the powder starts to crumble and I always get my clothes dirty 👿 Leaves a white coating, which is not surprising, given that the main absorbent substances are corn starch and tapioca. But if you shake it properly, it is practically invisible. But it is just about the feeling of freshness, not about the volume and texture. It smells really nice.
Lindsey C.
Apex, NC
This is hands down, the absolute best dry shampoo I've ever used. I have long, thick curly hair, and when I straighten my hair with a flat iron, I've made a 3-4 day commitment to that hairstyle due to the effort involved! To keep my hair non-greasy, I have tried what seems like every dry shampoo imaginable. Drugstore brands, Pureology, Batiste, you name it. But Aveda's Shampure Dry Shampoo will be my forever holy grail dry shampoo. Why? 1. The scent. Come on, Aveda's Shampure scent is perfection. Most dry shampoos are powerfully scented, floral or fruity scents that are overwhelming. Sham pure is grown up, subtle, a lovely herbal smell that is not overpowering. 2. The delivery. At first I was skeptical of the delivery. This bottle uses pressure to actually "poof" the dry powder out of the bottle. It works. No aerosol to propel the shampoo, which is fantastic, as their are no propellants to leave your hair sort of sticky or crunchy. Just dry shampoo to absorb oil where you need it. 3. The ingredients. This is not bottled poison for your hair. This is a simple product that does what it needs to do without a ton of additional ingredients or fragrances. 4. It works. No white cast, and my hair is left looking so fresh!
Kristen B.
Pittsburgh, PA
1,351 reviews
Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo uploaded by Kristen B.
First of all I love the smell of Aveda products. My stylist recommended this for my off days. It works very well if your hair has any oil in it it takes it away. I think they could have done better packaging because it’s hard to squeeze out of the bottle. But I still love it and would buy again.
Jordan P.
Wexford, PA
I wasn’t sure how much I would like a powder dry shampoo, but I was pleasantly surprised by this product! It works wonders on my second day hair and comes in my favorite shampure scent. The only downside is that the product is hard to get out evenly at times. To fix this you just need to shake it up a little before each use to loosen the powder.
Sami H.
Rockville, MD
Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo uploaded by Sami H.
Purchased at: Macy's
I have been big on sharing the good and the bad! Again, my opinion for a product might be one and others might differ-we are all here to learn and share, right? So, here is my 3-4 star review on the @aveda dry shampoo – this is definitely different than any other dry shampoo I’ve ever tried in terms with consistency of the product. When you apply this you lift your hair and have tk point the bottle about an inch from the desired area and when you squeeze! The powder/dry shampoo will come out the sides of the bottle...(wasn’t a fan of the powder BUT the powder does not stain your cloth!) You have to really work your fingers through to break up the powder! But this shampoo just wasn’t one of my favorites. After using it on day 3/4/5 after washing it seemed to create a buildup that required a “hair wash” day after day 5. So I didn’t get the time between washes that I get with some other brands that may leave a minor amount of residue which allow for me to go at least 7 days between washes without feeling the need to wear a hat or put my hair up!! •What are some of your favorite dry shampoos? •
Holly F.
South Riding, VA
Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo uploaded by Holly F.
Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo is amazing- I have tried all of the spray -dry shampoos but this one has been the best by far! It’s also great because you can take it on an airplane in your carryon. I have been using for years!
Erica H.
I have tired so many dry shampoos and cost has never stopped me from trying one. This is by far the best one I have tried. I am obsessed. It never leaves white marks in my hair. It doesnt make it look more oily. Gives your hair great volume. Love Love this product. Deff worth the cost.
Shawna L.
Alta Vista , KS
This is my go-to in the mornings before going to the gym. I have to look half-way decent! I have an unusually oily scalp, this allows me to skip a day which is a miracle. I adore the shampure scent and get a lot of compliments on the smell.
Jenni Y.
Harleysville, PA
Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo uploaded by Jenni Y.
Best dry shampoo I’ve ever used! I love that it isn’t an aerosol container and this dry shampoo does not leave my hair white like others. It also have cornstarch in it so it gives my hair a bit of volume.
Kayla B.
Northville, MI
Aveda Shampure™ Dry Shampoo uploaded by Kayla B.
I love this dry shampoo! With fine hair like mine, you can see spray dry shampoos a lot..there are very few I enjoy that are spray. The smell of the shampure is so nice and relaxing. Such great quality products that are so much better on your hair and skin.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...