Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion

Hair texturizer that instantly volumizes hair and creates a matte texture. Boosts strands with naturally derived bulking agents including kaolin clay and acacia gum. Innovative formula transforms in your hands from a powder to a lightweight, absorbent lotion

pure abundance™ hair potion:

• Innovative formula transforms in your hands—from a powder to a light, absorbent lotion.* Like magic in your hair, it adds texture and creates abundant volume.
  • Instantly volumizes hair
  • Creates matte texture
  • Boosts strands with natural bulking agents like kaolin clay and acacia gum

Aqueous (Water\aqua\eau) Extracts\extraits Aqueux:Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Silica , Sodium Citrate , Pullulan , Glycerin , Acacia Senegal Gum , Honey\mel\miel , Kaolin , Magnesium Sulfate , Maltodextrin , Sodium Coco Pg-dimonium Chloride Phosphate , Citric Acid , Sodium Gluconate , Chlorphenesin

Anyone have trouble with Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion ? I know it's supposed to give texture but the grit feels dirty in my hands. I have this roots and I need voe but am I better off using a spray?
How does this compare to other hair powders? Would you recommend over others?
Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion ?Does this go from powder to liquid and does is cause scalp itch?
Start your review of Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion!
Product Highlights
“...five bucks I think) but it seems to be lasting forever, so apparently a little bit goes a long way.” in 2 reviews
“It works marvellously but not something I want to use every day. ” in 1 review
“This stuff is actually fantastic, I have very fine hair and it gave it body without making it look like there was a bunch of gunk in my hair.” in 1 review
“The best 2 thing about it is it works really good.” in 1 review
“I've tried everything - hot rollers, blow drying with a round brush, gels, special shampoos, etc.” in 1 review
Black diamond
Great product short term but doesn’t give me that long lasting lift that I was looking for. Product builds up in the hair which eventually weighted my hair down leaving it flat. Ok for short term use, perhaps a night out or dinner but not for long lasting wear.
This product is pretty neat. It comes out as a powder but once you rub it in your hands p, hair or rootsitemulsifies into a liquid. It does add volume and texture. A tip I received from the stylist is to add it to a fishing product...rub or mud together and it adds texture to your style such as curls and keeps it lasting longer. 4 stars only due to price and I like the volumizing tonic more for creating volume.
Edmonton, AB
Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion is by far my favourite hair product. It gives me both incredible volume and takes away the grease, almost like a dry shampoo. You only need to use the smallest amount and it’s got the craziest texture. It goes on as a powder but turns into a liquid! A bit pricey but you hardly need to use any so it’ll last forever!
Because of the price point I usually only use this product on special occasions or when I am creating an up 'do. It works marvellously but not something I want to use every day.
Montreal
My hair smelled fresh and it gave it the extra body it needed since my hair is usually very limp. The effect lasted at least 8 hours.
Hindman, KY
I've seen some reviews with complaints about this product making the scalp feel itchy or not giving volume at the roots. I don't think it's made to use that way. There are other root booster products to get the job done. What this product does for my fine, thin hair after I style it with an Aveda phomollient volumizing mousse at the roots, is make my hair look so much thicker at the ends. I'd be cautious using too much, just a few sprinkles, run your hands through your styled hair and watch it immediately look thicker. This isn't a root boosting product, I don't believe. If you want volume after styling, this is your go-to.
Imlay city , MI
My hair is the poster child for flat,fine,greasy hair. Most products seem to make my hair greasy pr crunchy and then in turn it goes flat. This product is not one of them! It did take me a minute to figure out how to best use this product but once I got the hang out of it and got over the sticky texture when it liquefies I fell in love. Its pricey but worth it if you are a victim of your hair.
Savannah , TX
One of my favorite volumizing products. The powder goes on and feels like a liquid but completely dry. It’s a truly unique product. I simply sprinkle some in my hair and then rub it in, and instant all day volume!
Atlanta, GA
I feel like Aveda was the first to make this kind of product. It comes out like a white powder but turns into a clear, sticky, gel-like substance that really does add thickness and volume to hair. My hair is annoyingly straight and fine and this products works at giving it body and grit for styling. The biggest drawback is that it’s hard to be precise with application given the container. You also don’t get a lot of product for the price, but in the same vein, a little goes a long way. It has that great Aveda scent and I would consider repurchasing.
Sartell, MN
I freaking love this stuff! Be very careful not to shake the bottle because it does liquify with emulsion. I love that it has a little grit and remains matte without being white or powdery like other volumizers go. I switched from Big Sexy Hair POWDER PLAY Volumizing & Texturizing Powder (with Sleek Steel Pin Tail Comb) (Powder, 0.53 oz / 15 g)to Hair Potion. I love that it creates a base for backcombing or adding texture and volume to second or third day hair. Plump up a pony, or try your hand at an updo! With a little hold and a little lift, this product is your new best friend.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
14 days ago
Lisa S. • 3 days ago
I've experienced this issue as well with my fine, thin hair and find if I back off with using as much I get some major volume and not as much day old hair look if that makes sense? It really does plump out your hair when you run your fingers through after styling but I never, ever put it at the roots because it makes my hair look so dirty. Just use a tiny bit, hit those ends and fluff it out.
Nampa, ID