BY AVEDA

Enriches warm tones in dark and red shades of hair. Madder root helps purify scalp and hair; natural colors help add and intensify red hues.

Aveda's own pure-fume™ aroma with certified organic lavender, petitgrain, eucalyptus and other pure flower and plant essences.

Aqueous (Water\Aqua\Eau) Extracts\Extraits Aqueux:Rubia Tinctorum (Madder), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Bark Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Powder , Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Glycerin , Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Dicaprylyl Ether , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Cetrimonium Chloride , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Oryzanol , Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil , Fragrance (Parfum) , Linalool , Limonene , Citronellol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Sodium Citrate , Citric Acid , Phenoxyethanol , Basic Red 76 , Basic Brown 16 , Annatto (CI 75120) <ILN41499>

Buy on Nordstrom
Brittney F.
Woodbridge
I use both the Aveda shampoo and conditioner and I love them both. The conditioner does a great job of maintaining and protecting my red color. By itself, it does not condition my hair, especially if I use the shampoo. I had to add the whole bottle of conditioner to a 1/4th a bottle of hydrating conditioner for it to make my hair soft and to help with the tangled mess the shampoo did to my hair.
Lindsay B.
Clinton
I got a "rose gold" color done on my hair but the rosey tones fade out of my highlighted blonde hair so fast. Using the madder root color conditioner every so often brings back some of the red rosey tones and make it look like day one when I first got it done. I cant leave it in too long though, otherwise my hair does turn pink.
Katie B.
Henryville , IN
I love this conditioner!! I have a hard time paying so much for a hair product, but it is worth it!! I have a purple peekaboo dye, and some purple tint mixed into my dark brunette. Using this conditioner has DOUBLED the life of my color! Before I tried this my color would only last a few weeks, but this dye job I have used this conditioner and my purple has lasted until my next dye job!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!
Lilith M.
Coventry, CT
This is a miracle product for my red hair. It is one of the better color depositing conditioners I have used and it conditions my hair nicely making it feel super silky. The scent is not for everyone and it does linger in your hair, the scent is very herbal which I particularly love so it's a win for me. I typically use this product after 4 weeks after getting my color refreshed and use it once per week until I go back to the salon. Normally I will leave it in my hair for at least an hour to get the best results, but you will notice a change even if you only leave it in for 5 minutes. It's a very warm red which I love. Total winner in my book.
Brandi S.
I used this religiously when I had red hair. It was extremely bright red hair too!! This kept my color bright, shiny and healthy soooo much longer than it would have been using any other conditioner. I have my basic brown hair now with no coloring. I'm very curious to try this conditioner again just to see if I can get a red hue to my basic brown just for fun. I'll report back if it works! Aveda rocks!
Michaela K.
Omaha, NE
This conditioner was awesome when I had red hair. I would always get compliments after I used it and people would ask if I had my hair re dyed. I ways purchased from a salon I went to. Yhe product smells earthy, but in a good way. Will turn your hands pink but mine were always back to normal by the time I was done showering. I used once or twice a week and it worked wonders
Tammy S.
Terre Haute , IN
I swear by this product. I dyed my hair red back during the Summer and by using this the color just now started fading, almost 6+ months without getting another dye treatment. My hair still has red tint even though it's not as bright. Madder Root kept the vibrant red in my hair for months without having to get it touched up. A+++ in my book.
Taylor N.
Port Saint Lucie, FL
If you have a hard time maintaining your red locks, which I know we all do, this will be your miracle worker! Really fun product and easy to use. Only downfall is it does slightly stain your hands but after a few hand washes you're fine. Tried putting this on my blonde clients for fun and turned their hair a shade of pink! Totally fun and different for the living on the edge type!
Marisol S.
This conditioner is amazing ! If you have red hair, or even red highlights, you know the pain that is to get your hair done & a few weeks later have it fade. This conditioner lets you maintain your red RED! The only downside is it can stain since it is depositing color. So make sure to rinse shower & curtain well so it doesn't stain. But I still give it 5 stars because that doesn't stop me from rocking that red when I want too.
Katrina D.
Pueblo West, CO
I dyed my hair red a few years ago, and I wanted to love this product. I am naturally blonde, and I knew red dye fades fast, so I hoped this conditioner would help protect it. It did not. It altered the color and made it look really pink on the blonde highlights. It also did not condition at all.
Heaven D.
Hixton, WI
I've heard good things about this for red hair? Is it worth the bottle price?
Laura G.
Reedsburg, WI
How often should you use this if you want to keep your color vibrant but not too bright?
Brandy B.
Los Angeles, CA
Is this moisturizing enough for naturally curly hair?