BY AVEDA

Enriches warm tones in dark and red shades of hair. Madder root helps purify scalp and hair; natural colors help add and intensify red hues.

Aveda's own pure-fume™ aroma with certified organic lavender, petitgrain, eucalyptus and other pure flower and plant essences.

Aqueous (Water\Aqua\Eau) Extracts\Extraits Aqueux:Rubia Tinctorum (Madder), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Bark Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Powder , Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Glycerin , Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Dicaprylyl Ether , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Cetrimonium Chloride , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Oryzanol , Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil , Fragrance (Parfum) , Linalool , Limonene , Citronellol , Tocopheryl Acetate , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Sodium Citrate , Citric Acid , Phenoxyethanol , Basic Red 76 , Basic Brown 16 , Annatto (CI 75120) <ILN41499>

Delaina L.
Austin, TX
I really wanted to like this product because I'm a huge fan of Aveda and their pure/ all natural prerogative but this just does not moisturize my hair. I will use it on my roots so that my thin hair isn't weighed down by heavy conditioners which I use on my tips, but other than that, I'm basically just using this up and will not be repurchasing when finished when there are other light weight pigmented conditioners on the market.
Brittney F.
Woodbridge
I use both the Aveda shampoo and conditioner and I love them both. The conditioner does a great job of maintaining and protecting my red color. By itself, it does not condition my hair, especially if I use the shampoo. I had to add the whole bottle of conditioner to a 1/4th a bottle of hydrating conditioner for it to make my hair soft and to help with the tangled mess the shampoo did to my hair.
Erin H.
Willowick, OH
I have been dying my hair dark auburn for about 2-3 years now and this is my go to conditioner! I have tried other color treatment conditioners and it always seemed that the red would fade so quickly. That is not the case with Madder Root! This conditioner brings my color back to life. All color treated red heads need this conditioner in their life!
Lindsay B.
Clinton
I got a "rose gold" color done on my hair but the rosey tones fade out of my highlighted blonde hair so fast. Using the madder root color conditioner every so often brings back some of the red rosey tones and make it look like day one when I first got it done. I cant leave it in too long though, otherwise my hair does turn pink.
Emily S.
Dublin, OH
This conditioner definitely works! I recently wanted to add some color to my balayaged dark brown hair and a friend of mine recommended this conditioner to add some color without having to commit. I left it in for about 20 minutes and my hair was a beautiful rose gold color when it dried! The tint lasted at least 2 weeks with minimal fading after just one use. I plan on using it regularly in the fall to keep my auburn highlights fresh and colorful!
Amanda S.
Jim Thorpe, PA
I used this along with the shampoo as well . It really did help extend my hair color for longer . It also kept my hair feeling healthy and fresh . It did get a bit messy in the shower because it does contain color but it was worth it for longer lasting red color .
Lilith M.
Coventry, CT
This is a miracle product for my red hair. It is one of the better color depositing conditioners I have used and it conditions my hair nicely making it feel super silky. The scent is not for everyone and it does linger in your hair, the scent is very herbal which I particularly love so it's a win for me. I typically use this product after 4 weeks after getting my color refreshed and use it once per week until I go back to the salon. Normally I will leave it in my hair for at least an hour to get the best results, but you will notice a change even if you only leave it in for 5 minutes. It's a very warm red which I love. Total winner in my book.
Brandi S.
I used this religiously when I had red hair. It was extremely bright red hair too!! This kept my color bright, shiny and healthy soooo much longer than it would have been using any other conditioner. I have my basic brown hair now with no coloring. I'm very curious to try this conditioner again just to see if I can get a red hue to my basic brown just for fun. I'll report back if it works! Aveda rocks!
Michaela K.
Omaha, NE
This conditioner was awesome when I had red hair. I would always get compliments after I used it and people would ask if I had my hair re dyed. I ways purchased from a salon I went to. Yhe product smells earthy, but in a good way. Will turn your hands pink but mine were always back to normal by the time I was done showering. I used once or twice a week and it worked wonders
Tammy S.
Terre Haute , IN
I swear by this product. I dyed my hair red back during the Summer and by using this the color just now started fading, almost 6+ months without getting another dye treatment. My hair still has red tint even though it's not as bright. Madder Root kept the vibrant red in my hair for months without having to get it touched up. A+++ in my book.
Heaven D.
Hixton, WI
I've heard good things about this for red hair? Is it worth the bottle price?
Laura G.
Baraboo, WI
How often should you use this if you want to keep your color vibrant but not too bright?
Brandy B.
Los Angeles, CA
Is this moisturizing enough for naturally curly hair?