Aveda Light Elements™ Defining Whip™

An airy, whipped wax that lets you create texture—with medium hold—without adding weight or stickiness. Absorbs into hair to define and separate; light enough to layer without build-up for all hair types.

Aveda's own pure-fume™ aroma with certified organic lavender, blond orange, rosemary and other pure flower and plant essences

Light elements™ defining whip™:

• An airy, whipped wax that lets you create texture—with medium hold—without adding weight or stickiness. Absorbs into hair to define and separate; light enough to layer without build-up.
  • Creates definition without bulk
  • Offers weightless, medium hold
  • For all hair types

Aqueous (Water\aqua\eau) Extracts\extraits Aqueux:Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Flaxseed) Seed Extract , Stearic Acid , Lavandula Intermedia Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides , Pvp , Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Glycerin , Peg-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Oryzanol , Cetearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Hydroxypropyl Guar , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Ethylhexylglycerin , Sodium Gluconate , Fragrance (Parfum) , Farnesol , Eugenol , Linalool , Benzyl Salicylate , Citral , Limonene , Benzyl Benzoate , Tromethamine , Potassium Sorbate , Phenoxyethanol , Chlorphenesin

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Aveda Light Elements™ Defining Whip™!
Muskego , WI
Helps to keep the strays and fine baby flyaways in place. Only wish it came in a smaller size as I only use when I style my hair for a special occasion. I'll probably have this for the rest of my life.
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Color Protection, Damage / Dry, Wavy, Kinky
Atlanta, GA
The entire Light Elements line is great, but this is one of my go-tos. It is feather light so it’s great on fine hair that can go limp. It adds a little bit of texture and a small amount of hold so it’s a great choice for numerous styling options. One of my favorite uses it adding it to damp hair and then blow drying. I find it is more effective that way and easier to control as opposed to working it through dry hair. But even if you do, you don’t have to worry about your hair feeling crunchy/stiff.
Auburn / Brittleness, Color Protection, Damage / Straight, Fine, Chemically Treated
Manahawkin, NJ
This is seriously the best hair pomade. If your hair has short layers it works awesome to give shape and definition to your style. It holds well without being sticky or heavy. The scent is so nice. It has the classic Aveda herbal mix of rosemary and mint.
Medium Brown / Damage / Straight, Thick
Torrance
Love this product. I love the scent and how well it works. It’s especially is great for when you do a slick hair style/up do. It’s also great to smooth away after straightening my hair. I have fine short hair. A little goes a long way- so it lasts.
Black / Color Protection, Dry Scalp, Frizz / Oily
Bellevue, NE
This is actually not the most updated packaging for this product. I like to use Defining Whip for my blowouts. It gives a great cushion for volume and has just the right amount of hold. You don't need much of this product to get the job done. About a nickle or quarter sized amount is plenty!! It can also be used all over the entire head, or on dry hair for more definition.
Brittleness, Damage, Frizz / Straight, Coarse
Aveda Light Elements™ Defining Whip™ uploaded by Lindsay B.
Amazing how this can make your hair look elegant and beachy all in the same product. just slightly scrunch in on dry hair after curling. run your fingers through for more a more defined and beachy look.
Dark Blonde / Damage, Heat Protection, Oily Scalp / Oily, Straight, Fine
Butte, MT
This is my ABSOLUTE favorite hair styling product. It disappeared for a while and was super hard to find. Glad to see it has made a comeback. Aveda makes amazing products, I wish they would stop discontinuing my stuff!
Dark Brown / Dandruff, Frizz, Oily Scalp / Wavy, Thick
Mogadore, OH
This is a great product. It holds your hair in place but it is still light and doesn't make you feel weighed down. I love it and definitely recommend this product!
Brunette / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Wavy, Kinky
I have always liked the Aveda company. This product is pretty awesome because it's so light (and the whipped texture makes it fun to handle). Gives the hair a nice hold without making it feel too heavy or sticky.
Wish I could give it more. Light, doesn’t weigh my hair down, lasts forever, isn’t greasy, smells good, easy to use,perfect amount of hold...all around amazing
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Curls / Normal, Oily, Wavy