Aveda By Aveda Black Malva Color Conditioner uploaded by Isabella G.

BY AVEDA

Infuses brunette and black hair with cool, dark tones and diminishes red hues. Black malva helps provide moisture to hair, while black tea helps intensify deep hues and purify the scalp. Deep-conditions Leaves hair lightweight and manageable For brunette or black hair 250ml see more...

Buy on Nordstrom*
Keith C.
Keith C.
Ventura, CA
I LOVE this conditioner! I moved from Boston to Southern California, and my hair color fades much quicker here. From the constant sunshine to the hard water, my color barely lasts a week until it begins to lighten (which isn't good because I dye it an espresso brown that's nearly black). I ordered this conditioner after reading mixed reviews, and I'm so glad I did! I wash my hair every 3 days or so and I use this every time. It says to leave it on 2-5 minutes, but since I like my hair as dark as possible, I keep it on for 8-10 minutes. I have read that it's not very hydrating, but I think it's very hydrating, and my hair tends to be quite dry. This conditioner really is incredible for maintaining a dark hair color in between coloring appointments. Some people did mention that it turns hair a green tone, but I believe those people may have had hair too light for this. If you're more medium brown, go for the clove conditioner. Black Malva is (rightly so) better for nearly black or black hair.
Taylor P.
Taylor P.
East Grand Forks, MN
I searched for months and months for the perfect conditioner and I have found it! I color my hair jet black so I needed a conditioner that would make my color last and moisturize my hair at the same time. This goes above and beyond that. I love that I can use it once a week and the color payout is so intense. I put a small amount in my hands and then run it through my hair staying at the roots and then applying to the ends. I then comb it through and leave it sit on as long as I'm in the shower. The only negative Is it stains everything in sight so half the time my shower is stained black but that can be cleaned off. Just make sure to really scrub your hands good because it stains your hands as well. It also has a nice black licorice smell to it but it's not to over powering.
Sierra D.
Sierra D.
Highland, CA
This conditioner not only makes my hair super smooth, but it also adds more black to my colored hair. The longer you let it sit, the more your hair will soak it up! The only thing I would complain about is it can stain your nails with certain finger nail polish, and it will stain your hands, so you have to scrub it off. I figure it's a given though since your adding more color to your hair with it. I definitely would recommend this product to anyone who has dyed their hair black and wants to add color to it, without having to worry about it fading fast!
Ariel T.
Ariel T.
Atlanta, GA
This is a perfect conditioner if you are looking to deepen your haircolor. Best for deep brown to black shades, this is more of a color enhancer than a deep conditioner. The conditioning factor if this product is somewhat light, so I don't recommend it as your only conditioner product. It can also be a bit staining if you're not careful, because the pigment is nice and rich. Overall, I really enjoy this product and feel it is very high quality and effective for adding shine and depth to my color.
Cassandra S.
Cassandra S.
Boise, ID
Love! Love! Love this conditioner! Many products like this purple conditioner have dried out my hair in the past so I thought I would go all natural with Aveda. It gave me all of the moisture my treated blonde hair needed and on occasion if I left it in long enough I got that grey/purple color that seems to be so in right now. I would highly recommend any blonde who is looking to keep their hair away from that brassy color and achieve maximum moisture.
Anna H.
Anna H.
Austin, TX
I dyed my hair dark gray and the black malva is so pigmented that it truly ads more/helps maintain my dark gray shades and keeps the brass away from my hair. If you have silver gray/ blonde hair it will give it more of a blue hue to it. It's more of a blue black than a natural black. Most color depositing conditioners are hydrating so expect to mix in some normal conditioner in your hair and leave it in.
Cyndi C.
Cyndi C.
urbandale, IA
This conditioner tops all blonde conditioners. It has a tea tree oil and I could feel my scalp detoxing. I made a permanent switch to this conditioner after many trail and error mishaps with other products claiming to benefit blondes.
I will say that it is pricey and goes fast. It is worth the price, my hair has no brass and is growing more healthy then ever before.
Lindsey R.
Lindsey R.
Harrisonburg, VA
I have black to silver ombre hair and this stuff keeps my silver looking silver! White silver tends to become brassy if you aren't using the right shampoo and this stuff is seriously a huge huge life saver. I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world. The actual formula is a deep purple color and it smells amazing.
Dean H.
Dean H.
Decatur, GA
When a bleached my hair recently, this was the first thing i went out and bought. It is super good for getting rid of that yellow hugh and it is very conditioning. I would also recommend this product to people without color treated hair simply because it is really good at conditioning
Hannah W.
Hannah W.
Waukesha, Wi
Deposits dark tones into your hair strands to make your hair color appear darker and richer. It works well but is messy. Difficult to remove from shower and skin if not washed away right away. Smells wonderfully. I use in combination with the black males shampoo.