Aveda Brilliant™ Anti-Humectant Pomade

This satiny pomade repels moisture from your hair, helping to prevent frizziness and flyaways.

Aveda's own pure-fume™ aroma with jasmine, rose, certified organic clove and other pure flower and plant essences

Brilliant™ anti-humectant pomade:

• This satiny pomade with castor and rice bran oil repels moisture from your hair, helping to prevent frizziness and flyaways. Tames curls to give hair a polished look. Excellent in humid weather. Work through hair before or after styling.
  • Repels moisture
  • Prevents frizziness
  • Satin finish

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Isopropyl Palmitate , Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-1 , Tribehenin , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Sorbitol/Sebacic Acid Copolymer Behenate , Glyceryl Laurate , Oryzanol , Tocopherol , Ethyl Macadamiate , Fragrance (Parfum) , Eugenol , Linalool , Citronellol , Citral , Hydroxycitronellal , Limonene , Benzyl Benzoate , Amyl Cinnamal , Coumarin , Alpha-isomethyl Ionone , Geraniol

How do you use this on curly hair? Do you scrunch it in?
Does it stop hair from getting nappy after flat ironing?
How does it work on flat ironed hair? Does it stop reverison?
Start your review of Aveda Brilliant™ Anti-Humectant Pomade!
How would you rate this product?
I have shorter hair now but it’s in an angle the back is shorter and I have a longer front and I blow dry and straighten it iron it and I just use a little dab and I blend it really well with my hands and I just take my own’s and just put it through and just flip it to kind of give it that feeling is an amazing product but you have to be careful because it’s so powerful if you could use a little bit too much your hair will totally be greasy and you’ll have to wash your hair all over again.
Brunette / Heat Protection, Oily Scalp, Straightening / Normal
Tarpon Spgs, FL
I love this product because it helps with my fly aways and keeps my hair styled after any heat is used. Living in Florida it s a great asset to my styling products. The only drawback is if I use too much it will create a very oily appearance. Other than that it smells great and the price is good too!
Light Brown / Curls, Frizz, Heat Protection / Normal, Curly, Thick
South Florida
I have been using this stuff for years. Whether I style it straight or curly I always use a tiny bit of this and it always helps my hair look less frizzy and smoother. I just love this stuff.
Light Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Curls / Dry, Curly, Coarse
Winona, MN
When I straightened my hair, I reached for this. A little goes a long way and it delivered shine and frizz-control to the max. Unfortunately, the effects don't last that long, but I still like it. I'm tentative to use it on my curls because I don't want to stretch them out, but this stuff definitely helps repel humidity and does only good to your hair!
Dark Blonde / Curls, Dryness, Frizz / Normal, Wavy, Curly
Fallston, MD
This stuff is...brilliant. I use it every single day in the summer and barely use any product each time. I have wavy hair that gets fluffy in the humidity, and smoothing and running a little bit of this pomade throughout my hair keeps it frizz-free and calm.
Blonde / Color Protection, Damage, Dryness / Normal, Wavy, Fine
Montgomery, AL
Did nothing to combat humidity and frizz. I’ve tried on dry and wet hair. For the price the jar was really small and did absolutely nothing for me to protect from humidity. It also didn’t mesh well with some other products I normally use and made my hair feel very tacky or sticky to say!
Black / Brittleness, Color Protection, Curls / Normal, Kinky, Coarse
Any girl with curly hair would agree humidity is our worst enemy, especially if we’ve just styled our hair. Aveda’s anti-humectant is just that perfect thing to complete your hair and provide a barrier from that hectic humidity. All you need is a dime size because this stuff can be heavy on your hair if you use too much. The small amount of product use makes it long-lasting. The smell is great and the quality of this product and really all Aveda products are superb! I would definitely repurchase this and continue to use Aveda products for all of my hair care needs.
Black / Brittleness, Curls, Damage / Dry, Wavy, Curly
Savage, MN
I love this pomade. I have used this for 20 years on and off. I keep going back to it. It is great for my bleached out dry dull hair. It gives it shine and makes it sleek. I do have thick hair and it tames my frizzy hair. I would definitely recommend this to all. It smells outstanding too.
Light BlondeWavy, Thick
This product is great! For thick hair, you only need a very little amount to work in your hair. It does ease the frizz on my hair and I find that it does repel heat very well! My hair doesn't feel weighed down in the heat when I use this! I love this product and do splurge on it, even though it is pricier than other pomades out there.
Brunette / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Curls / Normal, Wavy
Woodbury, MN
Aveda makes some of the best cruelty-free hair styling products that are free of phthalates, parabens, artificial dyes or colors and are so nourishing to the hair. I've been using Aveda since 1999. I adore the brands vision and mission, and I will always trust the quality. The scents are from natural plant and flower extracts, and I receive compliments all the time on how good my hair smells!
Dark Blonde / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Dry, Wavy, Fine