Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo

Adds silvery brightness to gray hair, and neutralizes brassy tones in all shades.

Does anyone leave this in dry hair to tone more?
Has anyone used this?
Does this product release blue hues to tone brown hair or is it just a name?
Start your review of Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo!
Kathleen D.
Great for light blond hair to fight brassiness. I like this shampoo and feel like it takes out the bad tone that can come with dyed blond hair. I use a few times a week. I highly recommend, I am satisfied with this shampoo.
Flora K.
Los Angeles, CA
I've tried many different 'purple' shampoos for my brassy bleached blonde hair, and didn't really notice a difference. I heard from a friend that this actually worked, and I don't know if it's just my hair that doesn't take, but ended up not working either.
Lindsay C.
My hair stylist recommended this product so I thought I would give it a try. I have straight, fine, and oily hair. This product does a great job with keeping my color fresh. My only con would be that I feel like it does not help any with my naturally oily hair. My hair seems to become oily more quickly with this product than a product that specifically combats oiliness. A little dry shampoo after my hair is dry helps to curb this though!
Cassondra R.
Los Angeles, CA
Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo uploaded by Cassondra R.
The best shampoo for maintaining platinum blondes! It's just pigmented enough so it won't turn you purple and is also a great cleanser for the scalp. It doesn't smell like other aveda products so just be forewarned, it does smell good though!
Kristen N.
Longs, SC
While it's a bit drying at first, the fact that my blonde hi lighted hair isn't breaking means it's doing its job! I have fine, thin, prone to frizz hair and this keeps its looking fresh and not brassy! Smells nice, but effect is more important than aroma in my opinions. Purchased from my Aveda salon and used daily partnered with alternating Aveda conditioners.
member-5e8774932
This shampoo doesn't make my hair brassy and keeps the brassyness at bay. For me it doesn't really brighten up my blonde just doesn't make it brassy which I appreciate.
Gracie M.
Minneapolis, MN
This is the best purple shampoo that I have ever used. The smell is absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend
Ashlea G.
Dripping Spgs, TX
Love it! This works extremely well. I haven’t had to try anything else but I would. I imagine it would compare well to similar products. I would make it not burn. It does meet my expectations and I would buy it again. Yes!
Rhonda T.
Saint Paul, MN
Good shampoo that I have used for a long time. Cleans well without drying my hair out. Before i found Aveda I had to switch shampoos every three months because they would start weighing my hair down m. I have been able to stay with this one.
Rachel  B.
Bloomfield, NJ
I’m an Aveda fiend, and I’ve tried many blonde shampoos in my day to try to avoid spending more on hair care than I already do, but this is by far the best I’ve come across. The bottle lasts a while, and I do see the best color protection, producing far less dryness for my platinum blonde hair than I’ve seen from any other brand. I’ve yet to try some mid-level priced brands, and try to stick with my tried and true; now that my hair is healthier from using the whole Aveda Botanical Repair line, I’d certainly be open to it.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Barbara A.
il y a 4 ans
Aveda Blue Malva Shampoo Is it good for daily use, or will it dry hair out (and tangle) like most of purple shampoos?
Mindy S. il y a 7 mois
I don’t think it’s drying but I wash my hair once a week and wash with damage control first then use the directly after purple after