Aveda Beautifying Composition Oil™ uploaded by memory l.Aveda Beautifying Composition Oil™ uploaded by Diana B.Aveda Beautifying Composition Oil™ uploaded by Audrey D.

BY AVEDA #22 in Body Oil

Aromatic, nourishing oil for body, bath and scalp softens and moisturizes skin with a nourishing blend of certified organic olive and safflower oils. Also excellent as a bath additive, massage oil or hair and scalp treatment.

Uplifting aroma with certified organic rosemary, lavender, bergamot and other pure flower and plant essences

beautifying composition oil™:

Helps seal in moisture after bathing or during massage with an aromatic, nourishing oil for body, bath and scalp. Contains certified organic soybean oil, olive oil and safflower oil.
• relieves dryness and restores moisture
• leaves skin feeling soft and supple
• uplifting aroma with certified organic rosemary, lavender, bergamot and other pure flower and plant essences

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil , Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil , Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides , Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil , Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil , Tocopherol , Fragrance (Parfum) , Citral , Geraniol , Linalool , Coumarin , Limonene

• I just bought this and am specifically using it to reliev...2 Answers
  • I just got this as a birthday gift from my salon. It sou...1 Answers
  • I have been looking for a product that gives moisture, bu...1 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom*
  • "This is seriously one of my most favorite products that I have ever used. The reason being is that it can be used not only on your body but also on your face and hair and cuticles! I use this as a split end mender for my hair, a cuticle conditioner, eye make up remover and an all over body lotion. I sometimes mix this with another lotion just because you only need a few drops and it is super hydrating and moisturizing!" in 23 reviews
  • "I have very dry skin on my back, and I find most products irritate it more than soothe. But this oil is seriously the best! I dont get any stinging or itching sensations after application. I love most things Aveda, but this oil is my go to! " in 11 reviews
  • "I use Aveeno baby cream I may have mistakenly thought aveda was aveeno it's very light and gentle on my skin" in 5 reviews
Sam S.
O Fallon, MO
Honestly, I have used it a few times. I really have. But I don't know, I'm not seeing the benefits that so many people are raving about. I tried it on my skin and it did little as far as hydrating it goes. I did put it in my hair after I shower and I noticed that my fly aways and static from the winter isn't nearly as bad. However, I feel like I could get the same benefit from a product that is a little cheaper in cost. I did get this as a freebie for having a first-time visit at an Aveda salon, but I did check out the price of the product later and was surprised by how much it was.

One other thing was the packaging, while simple and recyclable, it did not contain any directions on how to use the product. The directions provided were so vague that I didn't know when I should use it, in what step, or what is the best way to use. I actually had to come to Influenster to find out how to use the stuff. The bottle is also glass which is not safe for me because I am such a clutz.

Honestly, I don't think I'll buy this product again. If it comes in a kit for me, I'll use it. But I don't think I'll go out of my way to buy it.
Katie K.
Navarre, FL
I am on my second bottle of this product and I’m obsessed! I use it on my face body hair. I’m super dry and have clear skin. So on my face it works wonders! I use it at night and when I wake up I’m skin is radiant, plumped and hydrated. I personally have not had any issues with it clogging pores. I have tried a lot of products over the years since I worked at Sephora. This is one product that I will be using for a very long time!
Daniel W.
Milwaukee, WI
This oil is the besttttttt! The only composition oil that AVEDA offers that is good for scalp, body, bath, AND FACE! It was hard to find a product to loosen the stage makeup I use as a drag queen but the oil truly breaks down the powder, paint sticks, and eyeliner for an easy scrub down after. For a small bottle $30 can be expensive but with AVEDA you can accumulate points for free products and services.
Christopher C.
Worcester, MA
Love this product. The scent alone is worth buying it as it smells so beautiful, but it works great as well.

I have used this on my face, body and hair to help moisturize, nourish, heal and replenish skin and hair. My favorite way to use this is as a bath oil. Just add a couple of drops to a warm bath and relax.

I also like to mix this with the bath salts and the exfoliating to create a kind of salt scrub to use in the shower or bath.
Jackie J.
I have been using this stuff for over ten years. There’s nothing it isn’t good for. If my scalp is dry I’ll put some of this on it at night and shower it out in the morning and my scalp feels better. I use it as cuticle oil. Face oil. On my legs after i shave. My fiancé even uses it as a massage oil. I love the way it smells and A little goes a long way. I will continue to repurchase this until they stop making it.
Anna S.
This product is so completely versatile that you can use it for your body and scalp! A good scalp massage with oil is supposed to encourage hair growth, and I try to incorporate this into my weekly regime. Once you wash with shampoo/conditioner, your hair feels soft and shiny. It does not make your hair look or feel greasy which is great! The moisturizing oil works well for the body too, leaving your skin feeling soft to the touch! The product lasts for a good duration and thought it is priced slightly on the higher side, it is well-worth it!
Sarah B.
West Bend, WI
My husband is an Aveda IBW Student so we started buying Aveda products, I love this oil it deeply moisturizes your skin, DONT PUT IT IN YOUR FACE that would be to much, I also used it for the skin around my fingernail which was really dry and it helped a lot making it soft again. Smells wonderful, a little expensive but ok
Sydney R.
Saint Paul
I absolutely love this because it can be used for your skin and hair and it keeps my daughters body and hair from drying out. I use it every single day almost in the morning and at night and it's very gentle and I definitely would recommend it for anyone that has dry skin or hair .
Rachel R.
N Chesterfield, VA
The beautifying composition oil is the ultimate moisturizer for after the shower. I occasionally get dry skin on my knees and elbows and this is the only moisturizer that I see huge results from in only a couple of days. The scent is wonderful and a little goes a long way!
Kerry H.
West Chester, OH
I started using this product twenty years ago and continue to rely on it for any dry patches on my face, my elbows or my knees.  Yes, I said my face!  It has never once broken me out and almost instantly repairs any dryness I may be experiencing.  A little goes a long way, so don't be scared by the price!
Marcelline M.
Nashville, TN
I really love the smell of this stuff, but what do people use it for? I want to use it, I just don't know how!
Allie G.
Louisville, KY
I just bought this and am specifically using it to relieve an itchy and dry scalp. Should I put this on my dry hair or mix it in with conditioner?
Sara W.
Dayton, OH
I just got this as a birthday gift from my salon. It sounds like it has many uses. Can anyone tell me how they are using this oil?
Danielle K.
Annandale, VA
By the fact that it is getting 5 stars, it must be great! Does it last a good while too? Just at that price I would be heartbroken to only have it last a week or so....my skin is so dry I have to use a lot
Rebekah F.
I have been looking for a product that gives moisture, but is light and won't clog pores. Does this fit the bill?