Austenland (Widescreen) (DVD) uploaded by Tracy J.

BY DVD

TWILIGHT author Stephenie Meyer makes her first foray into film producing with this romantic comedy about a thirtysomething woman whose lifelong obsession with all things Jane Austen leads her to an eccentric theme park based on the writer's work, and into the company of a handsome young suitor. For as long as she can remember, Jane Hayes (Keri Russell) has treasured the writings of the author behind such literary classics as EMMA and PRIDE & PREJUDICE. For years, she has been stashing away funds in order to take a trip to Austenland - a place where die-hard fans can be completely immersed in the elegant world of the beloved writer. When she finally manages to save up enough, she excitedly packs her bags and books a room. Upon arriving, Jane quickly discovers that Austenland is everything she had ever imagined. Every detail is exquisite, save for one small exception: Her limited funds mean that she can't enjoy the same luxury experience as the other, wealthier bachelorettes who currently populate Austenland, but she decides to make the most of her trip regardless. Later, when Jane falls into a romance with a dashing young servant, a lifetime of dreams suddenly begins to come true. Jane Seymour, James Callis, and Jennifer Coolidge co-star. see more...

Crystal G.
Davisville, WV
This was a good movie. I loved the depiction of everything Jane Austen. It made me want to jump in the movie and participate. It was a twist on a pride and the prejudice novel. I would watch this again and recommend it to others
Tracy J.
Hillsdale, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I am A Pride & Prejudice nut according to my family so they thought I would love a modern day version of a lady who got to experience that work of literature in a vacation. The movie was funny but not one I'm planning to watch over and over again.
Ashley H.
This movie was very quirky and fun! I really enjoyed watching it. I'm a huge Austen fan, so this was a must-watch for me. It was full of humor and turned out to be a very heartwarming film. I would definitely watch this movie again. It's totally worth checking out!
Jessica B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a very cute movie for the modern Austen fan. It is light hearted and silly but completely enjoyable. Keri Russell is a relatable leading lady and Jennifer Coolidge is her usual ridiculous self.
Ashley A.
Rindge, NH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Being a big Jane Austen fan, I found myself falling in love with the quirky characters and plotline of this movie! I will definitely be watching this time and time again! A great watch for people who are and aren't fans of Jane Austen!
Chelsea L.
Portland
This movie is so funny! And it’s really great to see a modern twist on the world of Jane Austen. I highly recommend that anyone who hasn’t seen this puts down whatever they’re doing and watch it because it’s hreat
Beth-Ann S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This is the perfect movie for any Jane Austen addict. It is funny and heartfelt. Keri Russell is fantastic, and Jennifer Coolidge is always hilarious. Even when it is over the top, the movie remains relatable, especially to those who grew up dreaming of marrying Mr Darcy.
Victoria F.
Is this movie worth watching?
Victoria F.