BY AUSSIE #18 in Dry Shampoo

Great for oily, flat locks in need a miraculous makeover. So you can clean up nice (and fast!)

• Cleanse

• Does this product have the same scent as the other Aussie product...2 Answers
Julia P.
Julia P.
Evansville, IN
I love Aussie products. Like, there's never not a time there's not at least one container of something Aussie in my bathroom. However, they really missed the mark, at least in my opinion, on this product. The ONLY thing I can say positive about it is that it didn't leave white residue... and that's where it ends. Followed the directions, and my hair felt super sticky and dreadful. It felt like I had just used half a bottle of hairspray on it. Due to this, my hair didn't look clean at all. I mean, it soaked up the oil, but I couldn't do a thing with it to make it look less... sticky. Then there was the smell. Mercy, I ended up having to wash my hair (several times) after about 2 hours because I couldn't take it anymore. Very pungent and overpowering.
Lovey L.
Lovey L.
Tucson, AZ
I have had very good results with the Aussie dry shampoo. It IS a little heavy but I've found spraying just the roots and a gentle but thorough brush out gives good oil blotting without drying out the ends. The smell is initially quite strong but smells sweet and lovely without being overly chemical smell shocking and it will dissipate over a few hours. I've found this works great with thin hair, adding volume and texture and sometimes I will add it to clean hair just for the added boost. It doesn't compare to say, a salon brand but it's about 1/8 of the price and works well. An economical time saver that also helps prevent me from washing everyday and frying my hair no end lol. I recommend!
Rachelle G.
Rachelle G.
Norfolk, VA
I've purchased this twice, the second time I had forgotten that the first time I hated it so much I threw it out and bought the batiste dry shampoo.. This stuff smells very typical of the Aussie products, it's not bad but it's strong and its a very heavy mist. I have thin virgin blonde hair and I get oily roots, when I used this it made my hair dull, greyish in color and have a horrible straw texture. My hair looked heavy and to be honest dirtier than it started out to be. This would be good to use as a wax spray if you were putting your hair in an updo, but not good for trying to refresh and uplift day old roots.
Morgan S.
Morgan S.
Omaha, NE
I have used a wide range of brands and types of dry shampoos, but this is hands down the worst one i have used. I absolutely love the Aussie brand, but this dry shampoo is a complete fail. Although it does have an extremely good scent, the product is terrible. It leaves a white, chalky film on my hair and adds a dissatisfying texture. it isnt weightless and doesn't leave your hair normal looking, it makes it look heavy, stiff and chalky. I do not reccoment this to anyone as a dry shampoo, I only used the rest of this bottle to add volume to my roots when i needed it, not to absorb oil.
Cat S.
Cat S.
I find this to be one of the better drugstore dry shampoos besides Batiste or Not Your Mothers. I have tried several brands at the drugstore and many of them are really bad, but this one is great! It smells really fruity and fresh (the smell does linger around awhile so if you're really sensitive to smell, I wouldn't go for this). It can leave a powdery residue in your hair, so dark haired gals need to make sure to really work this dry shampoo into your hair. I have really dark brown hair and use this stuff everyday. I love the low price and it works really well for me!
Britanie V.
Britanie V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever used! When spraying this into my hair it sprayed and felt wet and then when it dried it was so stiff it was nearly impossible to work your fingers through it to distribute the product. I thought it was odd that when I sprayed this in my hair that I didn't see the characteristic white powder in my hair but soon found out when working the product into my hair that it showed up and ended up making me look like I had dandruff. The only good thing about it was the smell. Batiste is still my favorite dry shampoo. Sorry Aussie.
Bridgot P.
Bridgot P.
Mobile, AL
I am enjoying this dry shampoo. I have naturally curly hair that I don't wash everyday. I normally only use dry shampoo to freshen my hair between washes after cooking or something like that. I don't brush my hair so I need a dry shampoo that doesn't leave a white residue to be brushed through. This dry shampoo did not leave my hair white. It did give it more texture than expected and smells good to me, like the old assume sprunch spray, if you remember that. I received this product in a vox box
Allyson K.
Allyson K.
Lawrence, KS
I have very oily hair so I hate not washing it, but I also have bright color in my hair, so I have to go a few days without washing to preserve the color.

I decided to pick this up because it was cheap.

I feel like the quality is middle of the road. The smell is strong and a bit off-putting. The spray is a little thick, making the white cast more noticeable, and it leaves my hair a bit sticky.

It's not horrible, and for the price, I'd be willing to buy it again, but it's definitely not the best.
Cindy L.
Cindy L.
I only use this dry shampoo on like the 2nd or 3rd day after shampooing my hair. My hair gets greasy really fast so this dry shampoo comes in handy often. It does leave a white cast if you spray it up close or in a certain spot. To fix that, I just comb through my hair a few tikes to distribute it well on my roots. I like that it gives me a good amount of volume and soaks the grease on my hair. At first the scent was strange but, I got use to the smell after a couple uses. It gets the job done.
Blanca A.
Blanca A.
Athens, GA

I’m one of those people who is obsessed with washing my hair every day. Unfortunately, that has damaged my hair so I was really excited when Influenster sent me a free sample from Aussie to try out. I’ve tried other dry shampoos, but they have left white residue on my dark brown hair. It did a great job of soaking up the oils in my hair. It’s great between washes. It has a sweet smell which I like because it smells like perfume and not chemicals. Overall, I highly recommend!
Nicole J.
Nicole J.
Mississauga, ON
What dose it feel like in your hair? I have always wanted to try this dry shampoo but I don't want to waste money on something that dose not work. it looks like it would be nice to use but I don't want it to feel bad in my hair eather.
Lindsey N.
Lindsey N.
Did this make anyone else's hair feel extremely sticky and knotty like hair spray does?
Mariana D.
Mariana D.
Vancouver , BC
Is it better than BATISTE dry shampoo? Does anyone from Canada know where to find it?
Amy B.
Amy B.
Jacksonville, FL
How well does this shampoo actually clean your hair? I'm a mom of 2 kids under 3 years old. Baths or showers long enough to wash my body & hair are hard to schedule.
Rachel G.
Rachel G.
How does this rate compared to other brands of dry shampoo? Are here others that work better?