BY AUSSIE #7 in Hair Gel

Does Your Hair Have A Mind Of Its Own? No Worries. Aussie’s Instant Freeze Sculpting Hair Gel Makes It Easy To Tame Fussy Hair. Whether You’ve Got Straight Hair, Waves Or Curls, This Maximum Hold Gel Will Help Add Definition And Tame Frizz, Leaving You With Smooth Strands That Stay In Place All Day. Plus, It’s Made With A Touch Of Australian Aloe, Jojoba Oil And Sea Kelp.

Directions: Rub A Dollop Of This Sculpting Gel Into Fingertips And Style Hair Accordingly. You’ll Have A Perfectly Sleek And Sculpted Mane In No Time.

Water/Eau, Laureth-23, Polyquaternium-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Dmdm Hydantoin, Fragrance/Parfum, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil

• I have heard that this product works great for moderately...2 Answers
  • Does this make your hair hard and crunchy?3 Answers
  • Wanted to know does this work on all hair types..1 Answers
Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Gel
  • "really does instantly freeze your hair, love using this for the scrunchy look, smells great but takes awhile to get this out of your hair, must use to degunking shampoo" in 2 reviews
  • "Other products make my hair look nasty the next morning. " in 1 review
  • "I have never used a better hair gel." in 1 review
  • "I have dry curly hair and my hair gets frizzy but not with this gel it doesn't get your hair white either I can not live without this gel" in 1 review
  • "Works great for stick straight hair when you want waves or curls!!!" in 1 review
Kendra F.
Indiana, PA
Pros: Curly Girl approved, the hold is amazing, it doesn't build up on my hair, it holds even better after I refresh with water and diffuse again, it doesn't smell bad

Cons: If you use too much and reapply several days in a row without cleansing, you will see occasional flakes

I have been doing the CGM (curly girl method) since April 2018 and it has taken me until last week (February 3, 2019) to discover this product. I absolutely love it. A bunch of curlies I follow on Instagram rave about this product so I decided for $4 I could try it and see what happens. I should have started using this sooner! My hair used to not hold past one day so I was washing or co-washing every day. I tried refreshing but ended up with a gigantic stringy mat on my head. Two weeks ago I tried refreshing again, this time with misting my hair with water and a little bit of leave in, and my clumpies came back! This past week, ever since I got AIF (aussie instant freeze) I have been reapplying after misting my hair and my clumps are more defined, hold their natural shape longer, and just look good! I contribute my awesome day 2 and 3 hair to AIF, and discovering how my hair likes to be refreshed, but mostly to AIF!! I don't have to use a million products anymore to get my hair to hold throughout the day, just a quarter size of AIF and I'm good to go! It's amazing!
Noelle L.
Waterloo, IA
Purchased at: Target
This is my holy grail gel! I tried this product after many recommendations in the Curly Girl Method FB group! I get a great cast when using this product, which leaves me with beautiful defined curls/waves. Unfortunately they changed the formula, so I made sure to buy three bottles of the original!
Katelynne h.
Appleton, WI
Purchased at: Walmart
This is an excellent option for the Curly Girl Method. The key to using this is to SOTC once your hair dries. It forms a very strong cast. It takes a little bit of work to free the hair from the cast, but it is well worth it for the great hold. I found that using a tiny bit of SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Finishing Oil Serum does the trick to leave touchable waves while keeping the hold of the gel. The added benefit of this gel is the frizz control.

I have 2b wavy hair so I dry my hair a little before I use praying hands to apply the gel. I plop my hair as I get ready. I diffuse until the hair is about 75% dry. Sometimes, I'll add in a few extra clips to help my hair. When my hair is completely dry, I SOTC with a tiny bit of oil.
Jennifer H.
Mass City, MI
Aussie Instant Freeze gel is my favorite for “curly girl” approved hold. I apply to wet hair, scrunch in, let dry, and then scrunch out the crunch. My hair loves this stuff and the hold never disappoints.
Angie R.
Purchased at: Amazon
Nice hard hold gel that is glycerin free for low or high dew points! I was surprised with how great it smells. Light scent so it isn’t overpowering. So far the best most versatile gel I’ve tried.
Adrianna M.
Olean, NY
I don't usually like gel. I liked this one. It smells amazing. I still use it from time to time. It feels thicker than most gels. You'll definitely need to wash your hands after. You cannot just wipe them off with a towel. The gel holds all day and I have fallen asleep with the gel in my hair and it lasts until the next day. I don't recommend anyone actually doing that. But I will buy this again.
Marissa Z.
Germantown, MD
Surprise staple product! I don't use products that aren't clean, but since this just lays on the hair and not my scalp I was willing to experiment. This gel is so amazing....creates soft curls and has perfect hold. I will refresh with it as well, after trickling water over sections of hair and lightly smoothing this over and diffusing. Break the cast and you're all set. Great gel!!!!
Holly H.
Winchester, KY
Great curly girl hair gel for an even better price. A lot of CG products on the market are very expensive, but this product is a great alternative to the curly brands. It has a very non intrusive smell, applies well, and leaves my curls looking defined rather than crunchy. It also does not build up in your hair. I only wash my hair about twice a week (following the CG method), and this gel allows me to spritz my hair with a water/conditioner mix and then scrunch some more gel in my hair to get second and third day curls without causing gross/crunch build up.
Kody K.
Traverse City, MI
It has a really strong alcohol smell. It makes your hair hard as a rock. it honestly makes your hair so crunchy that it scares me about how much damage could be done to my hair. I'm not a huge fan of Aussie Mega products. did you know you can use their hair spray to remove permanent marker from plastic? That's probably not great for your hair.
Christina G.
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
I <3 this gel. I got it because it's "curly-girl" status & it is a little crunchy but that's gel. If you don't like crunch then use curl cream? SOTC w this gel provides curl definition & mega shine. This is only $3 + some change & smells good too. All good points to consider when selecting a gel & easily available I got mine at Kroger. #winning
Yaz U.
Las Vegas, NV
Does this make your hair hard and crunchy?
Amy K.
Richmond, VA
Anyone with curly hair prefer a different product?
I have heard that this product works great for moderately curly hair, has anyone with super curly hair tried it yet? Also does it take a while to get out of your hair?
Ileana L.
I've got curly/wavy hair and I love how gel makes it look. I've been looking for a new gel (I love Miss Jessie's, but it's expensive!) and I wanted to know if this was a good alternative. I don't want crunch, just some hold.
Bella C.
Huntington, WV
Who else uses this for their everyday lazy hair? I use this when I'm in a rush or if I don't want to spend too much time on my hair. I love aussie <3

Kohl's