Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Closed-Back Professional Studio Monitor Headphones Black uploaded by Jennifer K.

BY AUDIO TECHNICA

Pure. Professional. Performance. As the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, the ATH-M50 is praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. Now, the ATH-M50x professional monitor headphones feature the same coveted sonic signature, with the added feature of detachable cables. From the large aperture drivers, sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals. Also available in white (ATH-M50xWH) and limited edition blue (ATH-M50xBL). see more...

Gretchen K.
I used to use a pair of Beats folding headphones but had issues with them crushing my ears after a few minutes wearing them. One of my friends who is really into music recommended I look into these, saying they were top notch, over the ear, and the sound quality was strong.

I had to save aside some money but used Amazon to shop around for deals, eventually scoring a pair at a great price brand new. They did not disappoint – even when I'm listening to my music on a low volume, I can hear all of the instruments clearly without needing to turn the volume up. At times, it feels like I'm either in the studio with the artists or at a live concert because the sound is so clear.

They are an investment but they are the best investment I've ever made.
Brittney S.
Portland, ME
These headphones have become a staple in my everyday life. I love listening to music but I don't like feeling like I am inconveniencing people with excessive noise. These allow me to enjoy my music with amazing well balanced sound. These headphones come with 3 different detachable cables that you can easily lock/unlock for various needs. They fit comfortably and the ear cups go around the ears so I can wear them for hours on end. I highly recommend these any day over Beats, Audio Technica makes stylish, great quality products.
Susanna M.
These are by far the best headphones I've ever had, they're a bit bulky and don't take standard aux cables - which is a tad annoying. But you're getting $300-500 quality headphones for a price point of $150. It takes a few hours to break them in for better sound quality, but they're super comfy and worth the money.
Lindsey R.
Memphis, TN
I have a few pairs of Audio technica headphones, after the m50 this pair is great, they sound similar in disctiontion of some noises. They are great paired with an amp, however they have no need to be amped. Id recommend you amp them though. Clear mids, somtimes muddy bass if an amp is too loud however without an amp all is fine. Id recommend these or the m50s if your looking for entry level headphones.
Shannon-jo S.
Omg am I I love with the sound quality from these head phones even though the over ear can be a bit bulky sometimes it's just beautiful beautiful sound coming out of these things you can fully immerse yourself in your music and ignore the hustle and bustle around you
Ryan M.
Garden City, NY
I use these headphones daily and definitely love them. They were my first introduction into higher quality closed back headphones and it's a huge difference when you decide to step it up and get into nicer cans. Great sound quality for the price
Karen F.
I have been using audio technica for a while now, the last ones i had was great except the wire part is the extra long ones and they broke after a year, so then i got the ATH-M50x, the good thing is it's still as good, now you can change the wire so don't have to worry about it breaking and ruining the headphones. They give you 3 different types of wire so you can use the right one. Pretty good quality and not so expensive
Nicole S.
Columbus , OH
How is the sound quality?